• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Yeah it was a dive but Guzan shouldnt have been there. Cant really complain.

I am still perplexed why we can be the better team away at some good teams and yet utter shite at home.

Baffling.

Whats the avatar all about rodvik?

They're going to get SMASHED like a pasty.

lol are people still after M'Vila? How many years has it been?

We're desperate. We should be, anyway. One competent DM, at all levels of the club.

Allen is a decent player, but I wouldn't want to spend even 1 game with him shielding the back 4, let alone a decent run of them. Henderson would work in theory, but it doesn't seem to work out when we actually play him as one of the deeper midfielders

Rumoured new kit.
TVx1rPJ.jpg

It's one big Cheverolet Ad

Looks too cheap and that picture is from last year.

Suen

You know what, Arbeloa used to be great. Never close to being world class or anything, but he knew his role and he did it well. Fuck me, we miss players like that in our defense these days.
He's been a disappointment in Madrid imo. Often too slow to judge an incoming attack when our opponents play wide and break through from the side. He has a bad habit of getting into trouble with players and ref over silly matters. He's a softer version of Ramos/Pepe. He does play his role okay-ish from time to time though and has had one game this season where he suddenly played incredible :lol

rodvik

Whats the avatar all about rodvik?

They're going to get SMASHED like a pasty.

I am glory hunting and supporting the local team (I used to walk past the ground every day to college).

More likely to win something following Harriers this season than Villa :)

LTWheels

I just want Allen + Henderson + DM as our midfield. We work best as a fluid passing midfield game. When Gerrard is in midfield, that goes out of the window and it becomes a longer ball counter attack using width to try and stretch play. But out fullbacks and wingers are not good enough.

If Gerrard has to play then play him in Sterling's position. Sterling has shown that he is alright as right back as another option. Or drop Coutinho to the bench and play Sterling on the left.

FootballFan

You know what, Arbeloa used to be great. Never close to being world class or anything, but he knew his role and he did it well. Fuck me, we miss players like that in our defense these days.

Arbeloa has been absolutely terrible for Spain and Real Madrid since leaving Liverpool.

It really is amazing. All he does now is kick people.

I do feel bad for Madrid fans, they finally bought a replacement in Carnival, and he is even worse, if that is even possible.

Edit
Remember the Confed Cup Final.. it was embarrassing to watch, I really wouldn't be surprised if he was the one that asked to be subbed off at half time.

He's been a disappointment in Madrid imo. Often too slow to judge an incoming attack when our opponents play wide and break through from the side. He has a bad habit of getting into trouble with players and ref over silly matters. He's a softer version of Ramos/Pepe. He does play his role okay-ish from time to time though and has had one game this season where he suddenly played incredible :lol

I know he's been poor for you guys, I miss having him and Aurelio though. Him and Kuyt weren't exactly the most fluid flank in the world, but they had that right side on lockdown 9 games in 10.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| #natural #black #body #damn #no #strong #as #fuck #big #huge #legs

Remove a tag or two if it's too long

but come on, you can't beat this one

Lightning

Banned
We're desperate. We should be, anyway. One competent DM, at all levels of the club.

Allen is a decent player, but I wouldn't want to spend even 1 game with him shielding the back 4, let alone a decent run of them. Henderson would work in theory, but it doesn't seem to work out when we actually play him as one of the deeper midfielders
Wouldn't waiting for the summer and getting a really good one be the better choice? M'Vila isn't really going to improve your squad a whole lot. You really want to bring in players who are better than what you currently have and M'Vila is not.

pulga

Banned
let lambda's creative juices flow people

and fuck that, its an epl related title innit :p
forgot which player said it

Suen

Arbeloa has been absolutely terrible for Spain and Real Madrid since leaving Liverpool.

It really is amazing. All he does now is kick people.

I do feel bad for Madrid fans, they finally bought a replacement in Carnival, and he is even worse, if that is even possible.
Carvajal has honestly been a disappointment so far. All this talk from how he was the best RB in Bundesliga... fine I believe he played great there but I have yet to see any of it from him as a Madrid player. It would be unfair to be hard on him; he is young and has joined a big team so I expect him to take some time but yeah...us in Madrid-GAF hyped him up too much :lol

Wouldn't waiting for the summer and getting a really good one be the better choice? M'Vila isn't really going to improve your squad a whole lot. You really want to bring in players who are better than what you currently have and M'Vila is not.

Absolutely not. Lucas can be easily improved upon these days, and even if M'Vila turned out not to be better than him, it'd be depth in a position where we have none. Having just seen what hapens when Lucas doesn't play, waiting is not an option.

pulga

Banned
Carvajal has honestly been a disappointment so far. All this talk from how he was the best RB in Bundesliga... fine I believe he played great there but I have yet to see any of it from him as a Madrid player. It would be unfair to be hard on him; he is young and has joined a big team so I expect him to take some time but yeah...us in Madrid-GAF hyped him up too much :lol

Bundeslolga duh

should've seen it coming

hell sahin won best player there

a player that couldnt even get a start at liverpool

FootballFan

lol yeah, I was expecting a right sided Marcelo, not Arbeloa 2.0

But he is young and new, so who knows, maybe it will just take time.

pulga

Banned
Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Ogbonna, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Marchisio, Pogba, Asamoah; Tévez, Llorente

Marchisio starting again <3

Suen

Bundeslolga duh

should've seen it coming

hell sahin won best player there

a player that couldnt even get a start at liverpool
Where would we put Sahin though? We're full in midfield. Getting rid of Özil actually helped us a bit in that regard...there's no way all our players who play in midfield would have been happy. Just look how Ancelotti is slowly killing Isco, Isco should be starting every game :(

lol yeah, I was expecting a right sided Marcelo, not Arbeloa 2.0

But he is young and new, so who knows, maybe it will just take time.
Kinda hope he can just reach Varane level (previous season) soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom