• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_prOdigy

But hey, 1-1 in our state against Bayern is alright. Sad to see us play football like that, don't wanna be all high and mighty but it's a big stage and we're playing long ball aimless football, it's not how it should be.

It's how we knocked Barca out in 2008 if I recall. It's not really a new thing.

Elchele

Jupp pls. It's one leg.

tumblr_n3d3hu1Iiu1shaydvo4_r1_250.gif

thanks

I don't even care if we win the next match. I can't stand a team playing that shit kind of football.

I went to Copenhagens stadium about 8 years ago to watch Metallica, they were supported by slipknot and lost prophet. This guy was getting fucking hammered through what he (rightfully) clearly thought was shit with the warmup and by the time Metallica went on he was sleeping in a seat. Watching his reaction as he woke up near the end of their set was one of the most hilarious things ever.

Lol. A true Kodak moment.

PowderedToast

liverpool would've smashed bayern tonight

can't wait for brengod to apply his genius tactical acumen and incisive attacking football upon the CL

Clegg

Buttner had a better game than anyone could've hoped for. Jones played well and our CB's didn't creak too often.

Fellaini and Giggs were the real disappointments. Giggs couldn't get near the ball and Fellaini couldn't control it.

Can't ask for much more when you consider how much we've sucked this season. But if Moyes wants to be here long term he has to get us playing good footers.

K1LLER7

Got to take that result.

Want to say I feel like we would have done better with Januzaj and Kagawa from the start...

But hey, 1-1 in our state against Bayern is alright. Sad to see us play football like that, don't wanna be all high and mighty but it's a big stage and we're playing long ball aimless football, it's not how it should be.

Bayern were pretty sluggish. They keep looking sluggish to me. You think they will just smooth it out and get into gear when they have to but hey maybe not. As ever you think there's one team who is just too good for the others but perhaps not.

Might be out last CL game at OT for some time that. Glad it was against Bayern, best of the European giants.
Valencia did well. He does great work defensively, suprisingly looked decent going forwards too.

Adnan wouldn't have offered much help to the defence imo, but now that we need a goal, I would play him. Think he can get the better of Alaba or Rafinha.

avaya

Doping in Football: Fifty Years of Evidence

Paul Breitner said:
But the fact is, everyone knows about it, because in the Bundesliga it is common gossip. Especially before start of the season it’s a topic with new players. How much they swallowed at their former club, and what it preferred at their new club. Doping is just as much the norm in football as in other sports.

Tyler Hamilton recalled a short conversation with US Postal doctor Luis del Moral from 1999: “you guys take nothing in comparison to footballers.”

Franz Beckenbauer said:
As for me personally, I have a special method to remain at top level: the injection of my own blood. Several times a month, my friend Manfred Köhnlechner draws blood from my arm, and re-injects it in my butt. This causes an artificial inflammation As a result, the amount of red and white blood cells goes up.

Let there be no doubt. There are typically just 1,500 urine tests (which don't work anyway) in the Premier League every year. In Italy there are 4,500 urine tests a year. Rewards are big, risks of getting caught non-existent.

It's just comical watching people celebrate 'great teams'.

http://www.4dfoot.com/2013/02/09/doping-in-football-fifty-years-of-evidence/

Razor554

Also Pinto is so shit.
So shit.

If we had Courtois and they had Pinto we would have probably won 4-0.

Ter Stegen can't come soon enough.

Suen

I tuned over to barca before and they had at least one player on the ground at all time, lol. Wasn't even bad challenges and ref wasn't buying it
Ref was mostly good in Barca - Atletico aside from some decisions (buying the Neymar dives but to be fair he does such a good job at diving it's hard to see), didn't give Atletico a FK at the end, ruled an Atleti player as offside in a high pass when he wasn't (could have been a good chance) and gave Bartra a warning when he made a clean challenge. Most of these were small things though, only big mistake was falling to Baldiesta's whining which went on for a minute (it should have been a yellow but he only gave it out after Iniesta wouldn't stop whining, he told them to play on first which they did). Otherwise he didn't buy Cuntalona's diving and warned both sides when dirty play was going on.

Turok_TTZ

True colours revealed.

Looking for every opportunity for any sort of doubts.

<3 you guys

Actually, apart from being a shit human being, Guardiola is a tactical one though starting off without an actual cf to finish plays was a horrid hipster idea of his today.
lionel mehssi don't play for buyern, no cf won't work.

FootballFan

lmao fairweather fans

Shows you the state of Bundesliga. Jupp talks about how good it is all the time, his team is the best there, but it means nothing because 1 draw in the CL away to Manchester United is a horrible result for Bayern.

Imagine he supported a team that came even 3rd on a league table. lol Probably commit seppuku or whatever you guys always say in here.

dc89

ITV4 now.

Inside Manchester City.

1 hour long documentary including people of all levels at the club. Based Txiki is speaking as I type.

You clearly have no idea of Jupp. Jupp's been shitting on Guardiola since the very first minute. It's like Guardiola fucked his gf before his eyes.
That's fine and all but lol at not supporting your favourite club just because you don't like the manager. It's not like Bayern is a mid-table club like United where I can somehow understand that.

pulga

Banned
Buttner was immense today. So good he constantly made Robben switch wings. His momma must feel so proud
lion

FootballFan

That's fine and all but lol at not supporting your favourite club just because you don't like the manager. It's not like Bayern is a mid-table club like United where I can somehow understand that.

Jupp thinks Pizarro is the best striker in the world and that Robben is better than Ronaldo.

So don't take him as seriously as you would other supporters lol.

Pep did something to him.

Maybe it is the 5-1 win in the CL in 2009. I am not sure.

"In one or two weeks there will be a deal. Either Chelsea or Atletico, there will be a decision made in a week or two."

Said Courtois on Danish tv, when asked if he would return to Chelsea... Please don't trade him with Costa.

Elchele

Shows you the state of Bundesliga. Jupp talks about how good it is all the time, his team is the best there, but it means nothing because 1 draw in the CL away to Manchester United is a horrible result for Bayern.

Imagine he supported a team that came even 3rd on a league table. lol Probably commit seppuku or whatever you guys always say in here.

iiKfRhu4aJcaT.gif

GQman2121

Banned
"In one or two weeks there will be a deal. Either Chelsea or Atletico, there will be a decision made in a week or two."

Said Courtois on Danish tv, when asked if he would return to Chelsea... Please don't trade him with Costa.

We'll take Courtois back and Costa, and they'll take Torres and a shit ton of monies and like it.

dc89

City players to pay fans' admission price

CITY’S players are to reimburse the admission price for all of the Canary fans who travelled to South Wales to watch the 3-0 defeat to Swansea in last Saturday’s Barclays Premier League clash.

The squad decided to make the gesture as a special one-off thank-you to the Yellow Army for their fantastic support home and away this season.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/20140401-players-refund-gesture-1461113.aspx

Nice gesture.

Wilbur

Banned
By the way I'm only on page 361 and I hope to see lots of salty bollocks

Sobered up loads, at the hotel now

Who wants to come for sex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom