• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
festa.gif

Finally in a Libertadores's Final. Xupa Santos
I hope Boca qualify too (plays tomorrow against La U, won first match at La Bombonera 2x0)

You are new here? :eek:
haha why is that guy using a mask?

ty_hot

Not really 'new', i just dont follow european football and usually noone cares about brazilian/south american matches, so I don't post that much around here.

jtb

Banned
20mil? LOL Piss off... No way is he worth that and what the heck do we want another winger for? We already have too many optons. Send Walcott to Newcastle and take Arfa in exchange? I would love that lol.

Transfer wont happen, no way.

agreed, do not want. Could do with another winger and certainly Theo getting shipped the fuck out, but Ben Arfa's nowhere near a 20M improvement over what we've got now. I think Gervinho can do well if he settles (though another ACON will not help matters), and Ox is already showing signs of promise. Somewhere along the line, we need two more natural wingers that are either promising or proven - and Ben Arfa's too pricey to fit either. Given how much has been spent already, I'd assume that is a pipe dream and we'll have to make do with Ryo and Podolski as cover.

also, was surprised to read Giroud's release clause is around 12M and that he's on really low wages at Montpelier (like 15k, iirc) - hopefully making negotiations quick and painless. He's already a 20+ goal/season striker (twice!), so stick him in front of the Arsenal midfield and that should prove to be an excellent purchase, if the deal actually goes through and the board doesn't fuck this up. Again. Same with M'Vila...
Still bitter over Mata. ugh.

xbhaskarx

Emotions: where are the ones from back in the day?

-Seagull
-smiling / frowning Bob Bradley
-Arshavin
etc

Surely someone still has them...

elsk

Banned
Not really 'new', i just dont follow european football and usually noone cares about brazilian/south american matches, so I don't post that much around here.

There are plenty of guys from latin america here! I always watch la Copa Libertadores, and I watch la liga argentina sometimes.

elsk

Banned
Yeah, don't discourage from posting non-European football/soccer news. Santos - Corinthians last night wasn't as exciting as I had hoped it would be - but it was still worth talking about.

Just wait for U de Chile vs. Boca. Now that's good football!

Corinthians vs. Santos was very shitty, IMO. Corinthians played nicely, but Santos was awfully bad.

dc89

If Harry was in the SSN studio would they drive his entire Land Rover in, or just get a door and wire it up so the window can wind down?

dc89

J9V3q.png

Shame on us all.

---

"I have received many offers from English football. And I must say that I feel attraction for it. I like English football very much. I think now it's probably more interesting than Italian football "There are lots of outstanding and talented players, as is the case for Spain as well."
Daniele De Rossi

He also said English football is 'more interesting' than it's Italian counterpart. But then this;

"Steven Gerrard has always been my idol. Since 10 years ago, he is among the best in the world. You see Gerrard defending and attacking here and there. I would like to be able to play more like that."

Liverpool bid imminent.

Salazar

I punched above my weight considering multiple professional and romantic crises.

It is more clear than ever that Wilbury has a problem, though.

ty_hot

Just wait for U de Chile vs. Boca. Now that's good football!

Corinthians vs. Santos was very shitty, IMO. Corinthians played nicely, but Santos was awfully bad.

Corinthians matches are usually all like that. We controle the midfield, all players help in the defense system, so that the oponent usually have no scoring oportunities at all. Yes, BORING style, but efficient (we won last Braziliand Championship and are in the Libertadores final for the very first time in our history). Seemed a little bit like Chelsea today, in the last few minutes, two 4-player-lines and both strikers behind the midfield line, marking.

Santos was really bad again. And Neymar played ZERO great matches this year against good teams (in both Santos and Brazil). Shame he is our biggest hope in the 2014 World Cup.

Boca x La U tomorrow will be much better. La U have to score 3 goals, so they will go for it. And Boca is always great counter-attacking. I hope Boca makes it to the final, so that we can be Latin America champions for the first time agains the most traditional team, but I think La U has the best team.

elsk

Banned
I think Boca has better players, and also players with more experience and that's an important factor in a semi-final or final (See Bayern vs. Chelsea). But the tactical approach of la U de Chila is just awesome, I love the way they play football is so fresh and new.

I think they'll manage to win the match (La U), but Boca will play the final.

dc89

The Sun believe England's success comes down to the £2.65 hair product used by Rooney, Carroll and Henderson.

But hair stylist Nicky Clarke has warned Rooney not to use it!

"Wayne doesn't need serum-type stuff, unless he was aiming for that oily look, which he shouldn't be, He should be aiming for things to have a much more even texture; either slightly matt or slightly mid-sheen."

When this makes the news, you know it's bad!

Someone should devise a formula to calculated adjusted post counts. Does 1 City PR post = 1 Fady K multiquote post? doicare post = 1x10^-1000000 post? Also, comedy bonus for Woodenlung posts? Just throwing that out there.

immy

Banned
The Sun believe England's success comes down to the £2.65 hair product used by Rooney, Carroll and Henderson.

"Wayne doesn't need serum-type stuff, unless he was aiming for that oily look, which he shouldn't be, He should be aiming for things to have a much more even texture; either slightly matt or slightly mid-sheen."

When this makes the news, you know it's bad!

Needs more city pr

Also I like parkers hair

elsk

Banned

wayne-rooney-euro.jpg

Rooney looks very... english.

Joe

Did that day off with no games seem like an eternity to anyone else?

Avoiding the OT thread, people are way too aggressive/defensive in there.

Joe

Its ironic how I can't catch games in my own time zones. I'm home during the day, perfect for watching the European matches.

xbhaskarx

You also need to remove Blackburn from the Premier League. Sorry Jeff, but that's the rules.

Why single out Blackburn, what about all the other teams that were relegated (Wolves, etc.)? Or do you mean the list of GAFers? The team crests for the big four leagues also need to be updated. Who assembled those logos, originally? It seems like a shame to remove teams. Why not add a "Relegated" section below each league....

Labadal

I wonder if Skrtel will stay or leave. I'd like him to stay, but if we get enough money, all the luck to him. On the other hand, that would mean that we need a new CB, because if Rodgers decides that playing Carragher is a good idea, I'll cut myself.

Reina

Johnson
Agger
Skrtel (Coates or Kelly if Skrtel leaves)
New LB, I just don't rate Enrique highly and Robinson won't last an entire season.

Lucas
Gerrard
Sigurdson

Suarez
Carroll
Sterling, Downing and Bellamy rotation?

We really need to strengthen our squad. Get rid of Cole, Maxi, Spearing and Aquaman if hr doesn't want to stay. We won't be able to get rid of Downing, I'm afraid. Adam and Henderson and Shelvey used as cup players.

ty_hot

ib2bipRI55eeKb.gif

This semi final was so shit that we will only remember about it because of the spray scene and this one. Funny to see friends of mine arguing that the Santos player was right by doing that and that he didn't deserve any card.

bjaelke

Why single out Blackburn, what about all the other teams that were relegated (Wolves, etc.)? Or do you mean the list of GAFers? The team crests for the big four leagues also need to be updated. Who assembled those logos, originally? It seems like a shame to remove teams. Why not add a "Relegated" section below each league....

I was talking about that part.

Linius

This semi final was so shit that we will only remember about it because of the spray scene and this one. Funny to see friends of mine arguing that the Santos player was right by doing that and that he didn't deserve any card.

Wow :p That makes Sneijder's action from last week almost polite.

untitled-3zbkxn.gif

GorillaJu

How reliable is GDS, Yurt? These guys are saying we're buying Fabio Borini for €12m now

Also

Av52KV_CQAEnp_A.jpg:large

Woop got my exam results, two 2:1's and a first :) Not too bad!

Now to actually start my dissertation.

Congratulations. The next step is me finding out what those numbers mean. Cant you guys just use the correct system? A, B, C, D, F, etc

So, the rumor about Bayern offering Martinez €7m a year is after taxes. That can't be true, right?

Well, I guess it could be true, spend those millions Uli.

In other (better) news, Schieber to BVB is done.

Awesome, I'm really happy about it. Schieber will fit perfectly in the team.

I guess our transfers for next season are finished now unless Kuba really wants to leave which I kinda doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom