• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I punched above my weight considering multiple professional and romantic crises.

It is more clear than ever that Wilbury has a problem, though.

This is my problem; I have no problems! Carefree motherfucker up in this bitch

Wilbury will be fine. He's just trying to get his kids back.

Oh they're not mine.

Goddaymn Wilbury, 1400 posts?

I've been posting a little less recently, everyone's back from uni now. Maybe much less posts but the odd vomit strewn one.

Woop got my exam results, two 2:1's and a first :) Not too bad!

Now to actually start my dissertation.

Congrats!
Congratulations. The next step is me finding out what those numbers mean. Cant you guys just use the correct system? A, B, C, D, F, etc

I don't know why it is this but in order of greatness of degree:

First
2:1
2:2
Third

In other (better) news, Schieber to BVB is done.

Awesome, I'm really happy about it. Schieber will fit perfectly in the team.

I guess our transfers for next season are finished now unless Kuba really wants to leave which I kinda doubt.

Is Schieber that guy I asked about the other day? The back up guy from ???? Was it Kaiserslauten? I'm tired.

Is Schieber that guy I asked about the other day? The back up guy from ???? Was it Kaiserslauten? I'm tired.

I think it's Oliver Kirch you're talking about. Klopp said he plans to use him as RB back-up, although he's actually a DM but I guess we'll see, he won't play much anyway.

Schieber is a striker that played for Stuttgart and scored two at the Westfalenstadion. Totally pulling off a Bayern there and buying players that played well against us lol. No, I think he's very talented. Schieber has a rather shitty goal record but he's a hard working and playing striker. I'm very positive Klopp can make something very good out of him.

PaulLFC

How reliable is GDS, Yurt? These guys are saying we're buying Fabio Borini for €12m now
Could be legit:

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
among the many B.S rumours #lfc interest in #borini is real talk. no bid as far as my mole on the wall is aware but more than just a #rumour

GorillaJu

among the many B.S rumours #lfc interest in #borini is real talk. no bid as far as my mole on the wall is aware but more than just a #rumour

Sweet. Confirmation.

GorillaJu

Is he any good? I haven't watched Roma this year.

I haven't either. I just like to see movement in the transfer market - I trust any teams scouts way, way more than I trust myself to judge talent. Heard he's young and hard working, scores lots of tap-ins which is what we need. :p

icons!

icn_balotellivqmmy.gif
icn_balotellivqmmy.gif
icn_balotellivqmmy.gif
icn_balotellivqmmy.gif

icn_delpsdqjy0.gif
icn_delpsdqjy0.gif
icn_delpsdqjy0.gif
icn_delpsdqjy0.gif

icn_ronaldou3m7h.gif
icn_ronaldou3m7h.gif
icn_ronaldou3m7h.gif
icn_ronaldou3m7h.gif

icn_suarezmhk03.gif
icn_suarezmhk03.gif
icn_suarezmhk03.gif
icn_suarezmhk03.gif
icn_suarezmhk03.gif
icn_suarezmhk03.gif

Wilbur

Banned
I think it's Oliver Kirch you're talking about. Klopp said he plans to use him as RB back-up, although he's actually a DM but I guess we'll see, he won't play much anyway.

Schieber is a striker that played for Stuttgart and scored two at the Westfalenstadion. Totally pulling off a Bayern there and buying players that played well against us lol. No, I think he's very talented. Schieber has a rather shitty goal record but he's a hard working and playing striker. I'm very positive Klopp can make something very good out of him.

Ah yeah I remember the name now. Cheers

Aww, only 1414 posts left for you to make.

Fuck you asshole

Is he any good? I haven't watched Roma this year.

Yeah he's potentially very good, good touch, strong, reads the game well.

Seedorf confirmed few minutes ago that he'll leave us. Finally. Last time I was so happy was last May, when we won the Scudetto. :D

bjaelke

Lower league match in Romania finished 33-1...whilst their rivals at the top of the table won 36-2
The top two in the league were level on points, separated by 5 goals goal difference.
Both teams had spies at each other's ground, and each time one team scored they were passing out the message to score one more.
Final scores:
Voinţa Lanuri - Pescăruşul Luciu 33-1 FC Puieşti - AS Cislău 36-2
All 4 teams are banned from playing next season, and fined 250 euros.
icn_balotellivqmmy.gif

You have to watch the video at the link.

Hixx

The universe has just been flipped on its head. Make sure to keep us updated on where Lee Cattermole goes shopping and make us aware of any changes in the souvenir shops at the SOL.

Don't worry.

The store @ the Stadium is being rebranded by kitbag and will open next week when our brand new away kit, manufactured by world renown sporting brand adidas®, is revealed.

Lee Cattermole is also known to frequent the Galleries in Washington and when he is feeling posh, the MetroCentre in Gateshead. He was asked for his opinion on the new away kit before the team broke for their summer commitments or holidays: "whey, it's alright, innit?"

i got this shit down yo

Yay! A new one! Time to celebrate...

0039_z9sw.gif

Awww yeah!
I STILL have no idea who she is! :-(

ibJgcOxjV02M1.png

Here's word from James Rodriguez's agent. The Porto winger is apparently one of the players Sir Alex Ferguson is keeping his beady eye on.

"Really there does not exist any big news about this but it is a subject we need to analyse," Silvio Sandri is quoted as saying in O Jogo.

"In a couple of weeks I will fly to Portugal and I expect to have a meeting with the Porto directors to discuss the situation.

"I cannot offer more details because it is a very complex subject."

More and more. Curiouser and curiouser.

Well, Rob Green's gone to QPR after 6 years at the Boleyn - best of luck to him, for my money he was the best keeper we had since Ludek Miklosko, it's just a shame we couldn't come to terms. He wouldn't sign a contract extension all last season because he wanted the same as the other top earners, so we offered him double his wages and parity with Cole, Nolan, etc, but he apparently asked for 50k a week, which would have made him our highest paid player by some margin.

Arnie

Jesus christ, I shit you not, I was just woken up by the delivery man who's knocking on my door pulled me out of a dream whereby Aquilani was doing special dances in training to remain nimble, whilst all the other players were laughing at him. In the same dream Carroll had progressed to the point whereby people were comparing him to Ibrahimovic.

So odd.

Could be legit:

Interesting. That's as much confirmation as you need that we are looking at him. I like the player, from what I've seen, young, positioning is excellent, has enough acceleration, knows how to finish and looks like Villas Boas.

Ya, tis gud. Not just for Dortmund, but also for the German NT since we lack good German, 20-25yo strikers :)

Jesus christ, I shit you not, I was just woken up by the delivery man who's knocking on my door pulled me out of a dream whereby Aquilani was doing special dances in training to remain nimble, whilst all the other players were laughing at him. In the same dream Carroll had progressed to the point whereby people were comparing him to Ibrahimovic.

So odd.

Woah. I was just woken up by the electrician. I was in a plane crash but then I went to the pub to watch the Portugal game which we won on pens. In my celebrations I got married before realising it was all part of an Amnesia like game and falling down an elevator shaft.

Weird, but what's weirder is why the fuck did I wake up at 1PM? :lol

ib2bipRI55eeKb.gif

This semi final was so shit that we will only remember about it because of the spray scene and this one. Funny to see friends of mine arguing that the Santos player was right by doing that and that he didn't deserve any card.

That ball boy did have it coming, tbh.

Could be legit:

Can't believe Chelsea just fucking let him go.. :/

PaulLFC

Contrasting reports on Gylfi:

Icelandic poster on YNWA :

According to reports in Iceland Gylfi is in England today meeting with the clubs who are interested in him. One of Icelands leading football reporters tweeted that there would be news about him tomorrow. Big news. One site says Gylfi wants to meet with all the interested parties and give them the opportunity to pitch their ideas to him before he makes a decision. Another site (there are two websites in Iceland concentrating solely on football and they've both got some sources - small country and all that) then states that according to their sources he's choosing between three clubs - Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham. Their sources say that him joining Liverpool is, as things stand, unlikely but not out of the question.

That is all at the moment. I think.

and

@duncanjenkinsFC do you still stand by sigurdsson signing for #LFC

@gerrardcole defiantly

I can't see United signing him - Kagawa can play the same position can't he? So that would leave Tottenham and us. Both have Europa League football, but Tottenham currently don't have a manager whereas we have Rodgers who Sigurdsson enjoyed playing under at Reading and Swansea. Still think he'll sign for us.

Arnie

and

@gerrardcole defiantly

I can't see United signing him - Kagawa can play the same position can't he? So that would leave Tottenham and us. Both have Europa League football, but Tottenham currently don't have a manager whereas we have Rodgers who Sigurdsson enjoyed playing under at Reading and Swansea. Still think he'll sign for us.
I frogging hope so.

I really hope we keep Ireland. Having him play the #10 role could work out extremely well for us (it's a shame N'Zogbia wears the #10 shirt).

Code:
           Given
    FB-Dunne-Clark-Lichaj
        CM-Markoun
N'Zogbia-Ireland-Agbonlahor
           Bent

and

@gerrardcole defiantly

Fucking hope not. He's alright. But he's not what we need.

Laudrup trying to get N'Doye to Swansea and we (Copenhagen) still hasn't even found our new manager, ffs. The management seems to have no direction or anything at the club at the moment, so incredible frustrating to watch from the outside.

Arnie

Fucking hope not. He's alright. But he's not what we need.

Exactly. You guys should just stick with your 'ickle Shinji.

Think I'm going to go for a run in this lovely rain. Need to start being productive with my days instead of refreshing this thread whilst watching buckets of television and eating shite.

GorillaJu

If United or Arsenal hijack the Sigurdsson transfer I will bust a nut. Then I'll bust the other one and continue busting nuts of other people.

Spurs can't compete with us on transfers due to their wage structure. Not worried about them.

Last year United didn't need a center back or another winger but they bought our two prime targets, anyway. Don't think the fact that they already signed Kagawa will deter them if they are indeed considering it. We're talking about only 7m after all. Peanuts for a club of their size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom