• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Surprised to see Wooden in pot 2

You know what? I've said it so often, why even repeat it? Believe what you want.

:lol

Man, Bayern fans get crazier by the day

You're crazy, Wilbz. Napoli will be unstoppable this season.

Benitez is a flop now. Liverpool took his heart. Chelsea took his soul. They'll be great in the CL. Won't last the distance in the league.

cremino

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-wenger-bendtner-will-stay-arsenal-092252052.html

Arsenal looked set to finally spend big in the transfer market this summer, but with three days remaining and only Yaya Sanogo and Mathieu Flamini coming in on free transfers, the chances of a huge name arriving at the Emirates are looking slim.

Forwards such as Luis Suarez, Gonzalo Higuain and Karim Benzema have all been subject to interest from Wenger, but with none of them agreeing a deal with the North London club, the Frenchman admitted Bendtner could feature in his plans this season after all.

Denmark striker Bendtner looked certain to leave, but moves to Malaga, Eintract Frankfurt and Hull City all seem to have collapsed for the same reason: his huge wage demands.

Bendtner has not played for Arsenal for two seasons having spent spells on loan with Sunderland and Juventus.

"The chance for Bendtner to leave now is very small," Wenger explained.

"If he comes back well and gets fit, I will use him."

Bendtner, currently on £52,000 a week, looks set to return to the Arsenal squad after the September international break.

Earlier in the week Hull boss Steve Bruce confirmed Bendtner's salary is a big obstacle for any possible suitors.

"Everyone assumes (an interest in Bendtner) but the problem with Nic is can I afford him?" said Bruce.

"He has a huge salary. I've been able to get him on loan at my last two clubs. I know the lad, he has terrific ability but it's difficult with the amount of money he earns at the minute.

"For us to go and make a huge difference, to get a striker who can get 20 goals a year...where does a club like ours get them?

"They are few and far between and if they are capable of getting 20 goals a season they're usually too expensive.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
iEvz0977gv859.gif

Llorente FOCUS PLEASE

Juventus are miles ahead of everyone in Serie A. I love it, but Juventus' superiority over Serie A is more so than Man United's over the Premier League.

I wish.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-wenger-bendtner-will-stay-arsenal-092252052.html

Arsenal looked set to finally spend big in the transfer market this summer, but with three days remaining and only Yaya Sanogo and Mathieu Flamini coming in on free transfers, the chances of a huge name arriving at the Emirates are looking slim.

Forwards such as Luis Suarez, Gonzalo Higuain and Karim Benzema have all been subject to interest from Wenger, but with none of them agreeing a deal with the North London club, the Frenchman admitted Bendtner could feature in his plans this season after all.

Denmark striker Bendtner looked certain to leave, but moves to Malaga, Eintract Frankfurt and Hull City all seem to have collapsed for the same reason: his huge wage demands.

Bendtner has not played for Arsenal for two seasons having spent spells on loan with Sunderland and Juventus.

"The chance for Bendtner to leave now is very small," Wenger explained.

"If he comes back well and gets fit, I will use him."

Bendtner, currently on £52,000 a week, looks set to return to the Arsenal squad after the September international break.

Earlier in the week Hull boss Steve Bruce confirmed Bendtner's salary is a big obstacle for any possible suitors.

"Everyone assumes (an interest in Bendtner) but the problem with Nic is can I afford him?" said Bruce.

"He has a huge salary. I've been able to get him on loan at my last two clubs. I know the lad, he has terrific ability but it's difficult with the amount of money he earns at the minute.

"For us to go and make a huge difference, to get a striker who can get 20 goals a year...where does a club like ours get them?

"They are few and far between and if they are capable of getting 20 goals a season they're usually too expensive.

I love how Arsenal's wage structure doesn't allow for big stars but does allow for Championship level players to get paid £50k+ a week.

Bundeslolga fans are just jealous of EPL.

They have to keep telling people their league is great. EPL is truly great, we don't have to say anything, everyone knows it. All of Baylol's heroes say the EPL is amazing. They know the truth.

Bundeslolga fans are just jealous of EPL.

They have to keep telling people their league is great. EPL is truly great, we don't have to say anything, everyone knows it. All of Baylol's heroes say the EPL is amazing. They know the truth.
all of this is true.

Dortmund is the best team in Germany anyway

Tc91

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 4m
BREAKING: Athletic Bilbao confirms #MUFC €30m offer for Ander Herrera and declares the player will leave if the €36m release clause is paid.

MOYES PLS.

confuziz

Banned
BREAKING: Athletic Bilbao confirms #MUFC €30m offer for Ander Herrera and declares the player will leave if the €36m release clause is paid.

MOYES PLS.

paying 35 mil for him is insane.

dc89

MOYES PLS.

:looool WOODWARD. What a disaster.

I think he's worth it. he's young and talented. 30m is not that much considering martinez was 40m and we all know how that turned out

Well, it's true players prices are generally higher nowadays but I don't know if we have that much money to spend that we can take this big a risk.

I only ever watched Herrera semi-consistently that year they got to the Europa League final and he was very good but I don't think he is on the level of someone like Martinez.

Tc91

More sane than not getting in another central midfielder and putting faith in Giggs, Ando, Fletch, Clev.

I say fuck it. Pay them the moneys.

Yep, desperate for a midfielder.

If we get him + Fellaini that would be great, I stand by my stance of we don't need Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom