• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I still can't believe Yilmaz didn't get more attention this summer. He's a proven scorer and only 28. A big club outside of Turkey could have easily gotten 3-4 very good years out of him.

How weird is it that Agger took the penalty for Denmark? That's random.

jtb

Banned
Should I bother with Danny Boyle's Trance? I've been avoiding it, mostly because I don't care for the whatshisface lead actor.

It's pretty bad. The first two thirds is like a violent, pulpier Inception but none of it adds up to anything, the plot is laughably terrible. So go in for the head trip, some interesting sequences, the usual Boyle visual flair, but don't expect a good story.

oh and Rosario Dawson nudity. that might be worth your time heh

Zabojnik

balotelli-italy-top490ai_0.jpg

Official XI:
Buffon
Bonucci, De Rossi, Chiellini
Maggio, Montolivo, Pirlo, Pasqual
Candreva, Giaccherini
Balotelli

De Rossi as CB. Why? What's the point of calling up Ogbonna? Prandelli needs to bring in some new blood. Hopefully talented young players like Poli, Insigne, Verratti, Gabbiadini and Berardi will have a great season and put some pressure on Cesare.

I still can't believe Yilmaz didn't get more attention this summer. He's a proven scorer and only 28. A big club outside of Turkey could have easily gotten 3-4 very good years out of him.

Lazio tried to nab him, but apparently the Turks were asking too much.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Anthony Stokes ‏@stoksey10 4m
What's the best website to stream international football anyone know?

:lol

omgkitty

Germany game isn't on ESPN. Do they even have televisions or internet in the Faroe Islands?

Holy shit just looked up the Faroe Islands on wikipedia, and this dude on the right with a moustache totally looks like Podolski!

Faroe_stamp_364_rasmussen_and_skardi.jpg

faridmon

Alright, no Trance. Moving on.

Here is my short impression earlier this year, couldn't find the full one:

I have watched the latest Danny Boyle's movie ''Trance'' and I have to say it didn't resonate with me at all. In fact, I have to say that we were out of phase and couldn't comprehend what it tried to propagate (OK, I'll stop with the wave and trance language!) The movie felt that it didn't have a structure. Some scenes felt that it would have fitted nicely somewhere else in the movie, whilst others just felt shoehorned for the sake of it. Also, I felt the movie didn't know what it tried to be. It started as Heist movie and moved on slowly to initiate a psychological thriller phase only to be about love triangle and teen angst and so on. There was no deliberate theme with its premise and I felt that its potential was wasted as it could have been a great movie if its moved to a single direction. There is also the plot problems where it just felt it was just daft. In the beginning, for instance, where the main character lost his memory and being interrogated by the the antagonists who wanted the painting, he showed some great composure and character against their violence, however, as the movie goes on, he went on to be an inconsistent character towards their deliberate act of violence. At one point he was afraid, and then he was composed, and then resorted to his cowardice shell of protection only to be a hero (I don't want to spoil it, but he changes a lot during the movie without much exposition) which brings me another huge flaw of the movie; the one dimensional characterisation. There is not much emotive force to represent the situation they are in, and sometimes some of the action happens turns out to have no relation to the overall plot (Like STRAWBERRY!!!). Those flaws mentioned plus the fact that there is inconsistency in the nature of the censoring, the dumb ending that reveals the origin of the whole movie and the fact that the director assumes the audience to know about certain happenings without any pre-tense makes this movie a disappointing one. It was enjoyable to a point and the soundtrack was quite good, but Danny Boyle can do better, and as far as it goes, Lets hope for the best for his upcoming movies.

I'd reckon matches usually take about 30-50 mins, it's not actually that common to go to an hour. A lot of the time they last longer because the winning team noodles around farming and taking down more towers/barracks than necessary to win.

I'm really enjoying gradually adding layrs to my play woth these little training matches. Like, the first time I consciously stunned a hero so I could get in with the physical attacks, and the first time you strengthen your creeps so they can survive for long enough to distract a tower while you take it down

I loved using Sven, but I'm not comfortable enough to use a non-ranged hero, and won't be for a while I think

The Announcer prices are ridiculous, really wanted that Bastion announcer as well :(

Ah well, the price you pay for F2P I uess

Meier

Lazio tried to nab him, but apparently the Turks were asking too much.

That's a shame about the agent. Obviously Gala is still a good team and it's not like he's languishing somewhere, but I would have liked to see him play in a bigger, more competitive domestic league. He proved he can get it done in the UCL.

Germany game isn't on ESPN. Do they even have televisions or internet in the Faroe Islands?

Holy shit just looked up the Faroe Islands on wikipedia, and this dude on the right with a moustache totally looks like Podolski!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Faroe_stamp_364_rasmussen_and_skardi.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Haha, he really does.

This video from a U-20 tournament in China is pretty good.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aAM5MxP87Gc#t=50[/url]

Fergie

Banned
Dat Soldado.

Man FIFA 14 is pretty good, yet to try the new PES demo though, the leaked one was utter shit.

Is it me or is shooting way easier now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom