• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

sammex

Not really Iheanacho will be getting screwed if he doesn't move as he is too good to ride the bench.

Eh? I'm talking about the swap. Bertrand is a good LB and all but Iheanacho has a whole load of potential and is already one of the best young strikers in the league. Southampton will benefit more than City. He'll have a bigger impact there than Bertrand at City.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Mighty pissed that we payed 35m for a flop like sanches when goretzka would have been cheap last year

Tolisso is quite comparable to Goretzka. The Sanches lesson should be not to overvalue players who get hot in an international tournament.

Fdkn

James was very good 2 years and we're going to recoup most of the cost, if not all, so I don't think Florentino is going to learn any lessons from that

Eh? I'm talking about the swap. Bertrand is a good LB and all but Iheanacho has a whole load of potential and is already one of the best young strikers in the league. Southampton will benefit more than City. He'll have a bigger impact there than Bertrand at City.

Iheanacho has talent but City wont tap into it, Aguero and Jesus are in his way and City look to add more to the attack this window who would certainly be ahead of him. On the other hand we only have one wing back and no full backs so Bertrand adds a hell of a lot to the team that is also an area of the team that hasn't been invested in since 2012 and been routinely targeted by all oppositions.

sammex

Iheanacho has talent but City wont tap into it, Aguero and Jesus are in his way and City look to add more to the attack this window who would certainly be ahead of him. On the other hand we only have one wing back and no full backs so Bertrand adds a hell of a lot to the team that is also an area of the team that hasn't been invested in since 2012 and been routinely targeted by all oppositions.

Right, that's all true but Soton are still getting the better deal unless it's cash and Bertrand. They need a goalscorer. RB's worth probably £15m? could get maybe £25m for Iheanacho. City are desperate for a fullback and so willing to concede some to get it done.

In other news:

Liverpool are ready to make a club-record bid for Naby Keïta. (Paul Joyce from the Times)

I'll believe it when I see it...

Right, that's all true but Soton are still getting the better deal unless it's cash and Bertrand. They need a goalscorer. RB's worth probably £15m? could get maybe £25m for Iheanacho. City are desperate for a fullback and so willing to concede some to get it done.

Yeah Southampton are getting the better deal but I don't really see many other deals where City wont get their pants pulled down when it comes to signing wing backs. Especially if they will be fulfilling the homegrown quota. If Arsenal end up selling Sanchez to City for the rumoured 50mill then I'm not so fussed as that would be a player going for under independent valuation.

Moobabe

There better be a buy-back clause in there.

I would absolutely have thought so.

Apparently the reason we're accepting slightly less money for players (Traore, Van Ginkel, all the way back to Bruma) is we're negotiating sell on clauses for those guys - Bruma moved from Eindhoven and we got another £4m for the pleasure!

TrueBlue

I would absolutely have thought so.

Apparently the reason we're accepting slightly less money for players (Traore, Van Ginkel, all the way back to Bruma) is we're negotiating sell on clauses for those guys - Bruma moved from Eindhoven and we got another £4m for the pleasure!

That's prudent I suppose.

It's mad your team won't give youth a chance. I bet you sell Christensen soon.

I've long said that if we continue this conveyor belt policy, that we should ensure we put in buy-back clauses when possible. We could have had De Bruyne and Lukaku in the fold if we had exercised a bit of foresight.

We don't lack for talented youth, and it's not fair on them that they're never given the chance to grow. At least buy-back clauses give them a degree of freedom to play, and a chance of eventually making the first team.

cromofo

Are Chelsea revealing the Nike deal tomorrow?

I guess that's when we might be hearing some news about Lukaku. I thought they'd be announcing him then but it's taking some time now.

I'm still hopeful he's staying. It would be huge.

Get Bellotti pls Conte.

Now even the BBC are running with us willing to break our record for Keita.

Highlights I've seen of the lad are impressive, can keep the ball and lay off a key pass very well, but I'm always trepidatious when the money is that big. But meh, not money.

TeddyBoy

We're so tight fisted we won't be buying anyone. Not even Lucas :(

Damn, if you can survive this year then Benitez should have a year's worth of Premier League cash to buy a couple decent players
(so long as Mike Ashley doesn't pocket the change >.>).

cromofo

Keane to Everton for 25m + 6m addons. Looks like a 4 year deal. Will sign when he returns from holiday.

Onyekuru signed on a 5 year deal and loaned to Anderlecht for 1 year.

cromofo

If Wenger sticks with 3 at the back then he'd play behind Lacazette anyway. If he goes back to 4-5-1 then he simply goes back onto the left.

Yeah they switched to 3 ATB nearing the end of the season. It looked pretty good, I think Wenger will stick with it.

Just saw the replay of the goal by Weiser, so damn great! Germany can't get confident against this young Spain team tho. Great game thus far

Fabrizio Romano‏ @FabrizioRomano 2m

DONE DEAL! Antonio Rüdiger to Chelsea. €33M + €5M add ons to AS Roma. Medicals next week. Contract until 2022. 🔵🇩🇪 #CFC #transfers

cromofo

Congrats to Germany, a well-oiled team.

Spain relied too much on individual quality. Sandro for example was completely ignored by selfish players.

1st of July tomorrow, things will kick off now.

Top Bottom