• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

sammex

what's up with ManU? No transfer yet?

They bought that young cb Lindelof (?) and are in for Matic from Chelsea and Morata from Madrid, but I think they're having a bit more of a problem with the latter.

Not a huge amount of movement from the big sides in the league so far.

yagal

They bought that young cb Lindelof (?) and are in for Matic from Chelsea and Morata from Madrid, but I think they're having a bit more of a problem with the latter.

Not a huge amount of movement from the big sides in the league so far.

Ok thanks,
Jose really needs to fix the mildfield.

Pachimari

Cristiano Ronaldo has landed in Madrid and had a talk with Marca who says, that he has rejected all of the exit rumors to the board of Real Madrid, and that he have never wanted such thing. He also understands that the club is doing everything they can to protect him. He will still have a meeting with Florentino Perez next week.

It seems like Juventus has also made a second offer of €22 million for Danilo. I seriously hope we accept it and ship out the Brazilian.

Enzo Zidane has also been sold to Alaves on a 3 year contract. We have the option of a buyback though.

Gothos

Southampton bought Bednarek (Central defender, 21 years old) from Lech Poznan for 6M Euro. I know, pennies for PL team, but still awesome news for us Polish football fans :)

Fabrizio Romano‏ @FabrizioRomano 2m

DONE DEAL! Antonio Rüdiger to Chelsea. €33M + €5M add ons to AS Roma. Medicals next week. Contract until 2022. 🔵🇩🇪 #CFC #transfers

Where is my Lukaku? Also, annoyed that they sold Ake.

Lastly, the new shirt is very boring. That's all Nike could come up with?

pGlQnmN.jpg

Gothos

How do you rate him?

Really good at moving the ball from the defense, solid positioning. Level headed. Generally he's considered the most promising young Polish defender. It's hard to tell more, since Polish league is miles behond PL but solid deal imho. Especially for pennies like 6M Euro.

Beefy

Really good at moving the ball from the defense, solid positioning. Level headed. Generally he's considered the most promising young Polish defender. It's hard to tell more, since Polish league is miles behond PL but solid deal imho. Especially for pennies like 6M Euro.

I think he will start as 4th or 5th choice so sounds good enough to me. We needed to replace our 5th choice as he is injury prone as fuck.

Beefy

Jay Rodriguez joins WBA for £12m rising to £15m in add ons

-----------------------

Bellerin wants to join Barca.

casiopao

Hope that getting Danilo will mean Sandro wont move out. If not, this will be one of the worst mercato for Juventus in a decade.

Pachimari

I'm really happy with what we are doing currently at Madrid. We sold Mariano and got €8 million, we've loaned out Coentrao to Sporting Lissabon who has an option to buy, we've recalled Marcos Llorente who will be part of our team next season, we've bought Theo as backup for the left back, and Danilo is close to being sold to Juventus, probably on Monday. Pepe has been released, and Mayoral and Jesus Vallejo will participate in our US tour.

Hopefully Vallejo gets the #3 and stays with us. We just need to sell off James now, and maybe try and negotiate for Mbappe. Ceballos is also close to joining us but if so, he'll be loaned out to Betis for a season.

Imagine this:

------------------------ Cristiano ------------------------

----- Mbappe ------------------------------- Bale -----

----------------- Kroos ----------- Modric -------------

------------------------- Llorente -----------------------

Marcelo - Sergio Ramos - Varane -- Carvajal

------------------------- Keylor --------------------------

Bench would have Benzema, Asensio, Isco, Kovacic, Casemiro, Theo, Vallejo, Nacho, Casilla.

sora87

Hmm, lots of reports saying Keita to LFC is done. £70mil is absolutely insane for a player who had one decent season. There better be funds left for a left back and another CB.

Naby Keita is keen to move to Merseyside and has been offered a £130,000-a-week contract by Liverpool. (Paul Joyce)

Naby Keita is set for talks with RB Leipzig with Jürgen Klopp having told Liverpool to step up their pursuit of the midfielder. (Paul Joyce)

Klopp will return to Melwood this week for the resumption of pre-season & wants the interest in Keita brought to a head. (Paul Joyce)

The Anfield hierarchy will now make contact with RB Leipzig again over Keita and test the German club’s resolve. (Paul Joyce)

Liverpool are aware a £70m valuation has been mooted for Keita & are likely to make a structured pitch, inclusive of add-ons. (Paul Joyce)

Liverpool know there is little point in proposing a figure that will be instantly turned down by RB Leipzig. (Paul Joyce)

Beefy

Naby Keita is keen to move to Merseyside and has been offered a £130,000-a-week contract by Liverpool. (Paul Joyce)

Naby Keita is set for talks with RB Leipzig with Jürgen Klopp having told Liverpool to step up their pursuit of the midfielder. (Paul Joyce)

Klopp will return to Melwood this week for the resumption of pre-season & wants the interest in Keita brought to a head. (Paul Joyce)

The Anfield hierarchy will now make contact with RB Leipzig again over Keita and test the German club’s resolve. (Paul Joyce)

Liverpool are aware a £70m valuation has been mooted for Keita & are likely to make a structured pitch, inclusive of add-ons. (Paul Joyce)

Liverpool know there is little point in proposing a figure that will be instantly turned down by RB Leipzig. (Paul Joyce)

Crazy money

sammex

(if we end up signing him) If he improves the side and means we qualify for the CL again next season he'll have been worth it. Klopp is willing to pay for first choice targets and I'm glad, too long have we spread our spends out among 5-6 players. Buying 2-3 first choice players for the same amount is much better and will strengthen our bench as players from last season make way.

I doubt it'll be the full £70m either - probably like Martial at United which was worth £60m but £20m was in goals, appearances, and winning the ballon d'or.

Not gonna lie though, that's a lot of money, but it's exciting seeing us finally paying big fees again to secure what we need. Sure he could flop, but he's played in 2 sides that press in a similar style to Klopp's set up and all the stattos are really hot on him. He puts up top numbers when compared to wingers, attacking midfielders, and defensive midfielders - he's versatile but great at whichever role and that would give us a lot of flexibility in a system that already is quite fluid. His strengths seem to be playing between the lines and tight spaces so could really help out with teams parking the bus.

One drawback is his height. Everyone knows we're vulnerable to set pieces and this isn't going to help in that regard. Add Salah who is also not v tall and we're getting smaller as a side.

Keita is basically Liverpool trying to get their own Kante.

Also, everybody was talking about how we were waiting on the Nike shirt reveal for the Lukaku announcement.

We only got Willy! Where is my Lukaku!!!!

sammex

Anyone watching confed cup final?

Ref spent a few minutes watching a replay of this

https://twitter.com/matt_wiles1/status/881595116842037249

then gave a yellow....

I want VAR to be a thing but it seems like they're intentionally misusing it this point.

We need to stop buying African players though, we'll be fucked come AFCON haha...

Both Egypt and Guinea have failed to qualify for 3 of the last 5 AFCON, so it might not be too bad.

Syder

I really don't get where this Keita hype is coming from.

If I were a Liverpool fan, I'd want Liverpool to 'Liverpool' this transfer.

Top Bottom