• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Sauce?

I don't doubt you, I just really want him signed...

Edit

Also can any Spanish footy GAFfers talk to me about Danilo? We're supposedly in for him - which seems a little odd with Moses, Azpi and (apparently) Rudiger all able to play RWB, yet we only have Alonso for LWB.

Danilo is an awful defender, he makes a lot of mistakes and there are times when he seems lost on the field. Maybe he could work better in another system, who knows. In attack he's a bit better, he can run well on the wing and cross well.

Sauce?

I don't doubt you, I just really want him signed...

Edit

Also can any Spanish footy GAFfers talk to me about Danilo? We're supposedly in for him - which seems a little odd with Moses, Azpi and (apparently) Rudiger all able to play RWB, yet we only have Alonso for LWB.

Danilo was stellar in Porto. He is shit in Madrid.

Good attack but awful defense

spidye

Isn't this the default start of the season for Bayern already? Why change something that works?
Exactly.
Even more strange we loan out a back up winger and the new signing.
Hopefully, we don't plan with james on the wings because that would be like a waste

-MB-

Looks like Nouri, the player, who collapsed at the friendly of Ajax vs Werder Bremenm has permanent brain damage.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I am traveling to madrid and germany in april, what is the best way to get in some Madrid and Baaayern games

April 2018 would be perfect timing for a CL quarter final Real-Bayern. Or the first leg of the semifinal.

Abdelhak Nouri has severe and lasting brain damage as a result of his collapse, with close to 0 chance of recovery.

This is a very sad day :(

Ugh, that's awful. Poor guy.

Beefy

@Skykaveh
£40m Everton bid for Gylfi Sigurdsson turned down by Swansea. They want £50m. He's not in "right frame of mind" to go on Swansea US tour

casiopao

Who knows how the hell we pick players! We have a "committee," which seems to be the vogue right now, that draws up lists and targets and, from what I understand, presents that to the manager.

I understand it, in principle, if your managers are short term then you can't be constantly tearing up plans every 2 years. But, on the other hand, I can imagine that that's, in part, WHY managers leave.

Look at Mourinho, for example. At Chelsea he was given Rahman, he was given Hector by the committee when he wanted John Stones. He signed Fabregas, Costa and Matic - then won the league.

Now he's gone to United and signed Pogba, Lukaku, Bailly - obviously Mourinho type signings.

Meanwhile Conte last year wanted Van Dijk, Bonucci etc and got Alonso (which worked out great!) and Luiz (also great!)

And this season the Standard (who are pretty good on London clubs) reckon he wanted Morata, but the club wanted Lukaku, so he relented and then we failed to get him anyway.

Haha. I am just half poking fun at Conte and how no matter where he goes, he never seems to had a team where he is able to get all the target he actually wanted as that is literally why he went out of Juventus on some sour note with our top management.

Milan is actually talking with bonucci agent.

what the fuck is happening.

Well, considering that Bon Bon is not going to move out Italy for his family, the only place be could go would be Milan there. I heard if we want to sell, it will probably be for Romagnoli+MdS+$$$ which i probably would accept the deal lol.

CrunchyB

@JongsmaJongsma
Terrible news, Ajax report that Abdelhak Nouri has severe and permanent brain damage following his collapse on Saturday. https://t.co/a1mWEojMHz
https://twitter.com/JongsmaJongsma/status/885451141449789441

Shit, sad to hear

Aw shit, that's terrible, poor kid is only 20 years old.
The medical staff was right on top of it so I was cautiously optimistic.

His football career is obviously over, but hopefully in time he can still live a semi-normal life.

Exactly.
Even more strange we loan out a back up winger and the new signing.
Hopefully, we don't plan with james on the wings because that would be like a waste
Pretty sure that's what's happening. He said he is willing to play LW, RW and AM. Plus Muller, James, Vidal, Thiago, and Tolisso sounds stacked AF for 3 positions. Also that means Bayern needs a LW and shouldn't have sold Costa. Ribs is for LW, and RW is Robben/Coman.

Beefy

Danny Murphy saying he thinks Van Dijk is all but done to Liverpool. What is it with ex Liverpool players?

---------------
Also RB Leipzig have told Liverpool Keita isn't for sell

Danny Murphy saying he thinks Van Dijk is all but done to Liverpool. What is it with ex Liverpool players?

---------------

I think its the same with Man Utd "icons" a bit too, but it's very easy for journalists to ask icons of those clubs about stuff like this.

Doubt Danny Murphy knows anything though.

Loris146

Milan Juve drama is going to be interesting to watch ahahaha

Milan wants Bonucci for 30 ML + De Sciglio. Marotta wants 40 ML cash.

Audioboxer

@JongsmaJongsma
Terrible news, Ajax report that Abdelhak Nouri has severe and permanent brain damage following his collapse on Saturday. https://t.co/a1mWEojMHz
https://twitter.com/JongsmaJongsma/status/885451141449789441

Shit, sad to hear

Damn, that is tragic.

I knew the name and face before clicking due to signing in FM. Not that that has anything to do with this tragedy, just commenting I knew of him without even following Ajax/Dutch football. Seemed to have a lot of talent.

Irreversible damage or worse can occur so quickly when oxygen/blood is cut off to the brain.

Beefy

£50m for Walker is outrageous as well.

Walker and Mendy is a decent pair of fullbacks though.

Apparently Walker is done £55m + add ons
----------------

Bonucci to Milan looks done as well

-------------------
@SkyKaveh
AC Milan have made undisclosed bid for Torino striker Andrea Belotti. €100m release clause for foreign clubs. Chelsea & Man United target

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
imagine being a manager with £50m to spend and your choices are Sigurdsson and Walker.

John Stones ruined football.

sammex

---------------

They can say what they want. What is it with journalists asking them about VVD?

Leipzig have already said Keita isn't for sale about 5 times now. Nothing has changed.

£50Mill+ for Walker. Wow.

Beefy

They can say what they want. What is it with journalists asking them about VVD?

Leipzig have already said Keita isn't for sale about 5 times now. Nothing has changed.

£50Mill+ for Walker. Wow.

I get that, it just gets annoying that it is always Liverpool that always talk to the press.

sammex

I get that, it just gets annoying that it is always Liverpool that always talk to the press.

One downside to being one of the more popular sides in the league is there's a billion clickbait articles out there trying to rake in the traffic, and all our ex-pros aren't that smart, love the attention of the media, and can't resist being led. There are plenty of LFC fans who are sick of it too.

There's been absolutely nothing in the media from the club since that apology and journos are having to scrounge for anything they can atm.

casiopao

Damn this bonucci saga is going fast. Wth. I had no problem bon bon leaving. But certainly not for that low price. Where is romagnoli+MdS and 30 mil deal here?

John Stones hit 50 mil and the best defender right now is only 30 mil? F off Milan.

Loris146

Damn this bonucci saga is going fast. Wth. I had no problem bon bon leaving. But certainly not for that low price. Where is romagnoli+MdS and 30 mil deal here?

John Stones hit 50 mil and the best defender right now is only 30 mil? F off Milan.

Around 40 ML for Bonucci.

spidye

Pretty sure that's what's happening. He said he is willing to play LW, RW and AM. Plus Muller, James, Vidal, Thiago, and Tolisso sounds stacked AF for 3 positions. Also that means Bayern needs a LW and shouldn't have sold Costa. Ribs is for LW, and RW is Robben/Coman.

selling costa was a right decision. Costa didn't want to play for us and there's absolutely no need for a player who harms the team with his attitude (sorry juve-bros)

remember the real game when he got subbed in? he showed an unforgivable lack of interest and ancelotti punished him with the bench even in the games where it didn't matter anymore.
paired with his media outings when he told everyone he had transfer-talks with other clubs it was clear we had to get rid of him.

now the only question will be if Ancelotti wants to abandon our classic "Flügelzange" and that's why he doesn't need more wingers

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The stories about Bonucci and Walker running in parallel make this whole thing even more ridiculous with that gap in price.

Top Bottom