• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Damn this bonucci saga is going fast. Wth. I had no problem bon bon leaving. But certainly not for that low price. Where is romagnoli+MdS and 30 mil deal here?

John Stones hit 50 mil and the best defender right now is only 30 mil? F off Milan.

MdS, sure take him but Romagnoli? He needs to stay put and not even considered to be offered by Milan.

Audioboxer

Imagine all the things you could do with 50 million pound.

Kyle Walker. Kyle fucking Walker.

50 million pound.

Hurry up and implode, football.

The John Stones effect will forever continue at Man City. Whereas United have signed Bailly and Lindelof for like 30~35m each.

It is a bit more challenging to get top class left/right backs in the current market, but 50m for Kyle Walker is pushing it a bit. I'd say 40m tops would have been more reasonable, even with the "English player" added tax. He's still a really good player, no lies detected there.

Moobabe

The John Stones effect will forever continue at Man City. Whereas United have signed Bailly and Lindelof for like 30~35m each.

It is a bit more challenging to get top class left/right backs in the current market, but 50m for Kyle Walker is pushing it a bit. I'd say 40m tops would have been more reasonable, even with the "English player" added tax. He's still a really good player, no lies detected there.

It's not only the English player tax, but also the "currently in the EPL" tax.

Bersi

Damn this bonucci saga is going fast. Wth. I had no problem bon bon leaving. But certainly not for that low price. Where is romagnoli+MdS and 30 mil deal here?

John Stones hit 50 mil and the best defender right now is only 30 mil? F off Milan.

we don't need another cb,just bring back caldara and we'll be fine,hopefully we use those money to buy a top mid otherwise selling him for so little would be ridicolous.

Imagine all the things you could do with 50 million pound.

Kyle Walker. Kyle fucking Walker.

50 million pound.

Hurry up and implode, football.

No surprise they gave in right after losing Alves. City needed to sign 3-4 Full Backs and options were getting limited. They'll drop another 50 on Mendy soon and will probably get back in on Bertrand.

casiopao

MdS, sure take him but Romagnoli? He needs to stay put and not even considered to be offered by Milan.

Well if i am Beppe, that is what i would ask. MdS alone+30 mil is plain robbery.

we don't need another cb,just bring back caldara and we'll be fine,hopefully we use those money to buy a top mid otherwise selling him for so little would be ridicolous.

If we get Romagnoli, then the future italy CB is all in Juventus now. Caldara, Rugani and Romagnoli.

I am not saying we need another CB but i am just thinking the better compensation deal that Beppe should strive to get in this case as they are getting Bon Bon who is literally on his prime right now.

For our Mid, isnt that what Bentacur is for?

DBT85

imagine being a manager with £50m to spend and your choices are Sigurdsson and Walker.

John Stones ruined football.
To be fair, if you've only got £50m you don't spunk it on one player.

When you've got a few hundred million and know you'll get 200 more this year, 50m is the price of doing business.

."x isn't worth y" has been said for 30 odd years with regard to football players. Someone is worth exactly as much as someone is willing to pay.

Audioboxer

It's not only the English player tax, but also the "currently in the EPL" tax.

That's true. Man Utd going after Dier will be a shitshow if it goes through. Another English player I think has talent but United spending something like 60m on him will be a LOL (Tottenham will probably want nearer 70m). Lukaku was already a bit expensive, but top strikers are REALLY hard to come by. Especially those already proven in the EPL.

I guess I'm just a bit stingy. Most people say to me who gives a shit, if the money is there blow it, lol.

Moobabe

That's true. Man Utd going after Dier will be a shitshow if it goes through. Another English player I think has talent but United spending something like 60m on him will be a LOL (Tottenham will probably want nearer 70m). Lukaku was already a bit expensive, but top strikers are REALLY hard to come by. Especially those already proven in the EPL.

I guess I'm just a bit stingy. Most people say to me who gives a shit, if the money is there blow it, lol.

I'm stingy too. I actually think that we (Chelsea) since the Torres fiasco have been pretty sensible when it comes to spending. Costa, Matic, Hazard, Fabregas, Luiz and now Rudiger and Bakayoko were all under £40m!

Tosyn_88

I really do not understand why Jose is even considering Dier at all. I know he is EPL proven and all but he has played three seasons now and he has yet to impress me at all, even when he has played for England, I cannot for once say I see the reason. That is in contrast to my opinion of AS Monaco's Fabinho: a player that just looks the part of a Carrick mini.

Chelsea should sell Matic to Inter Milan and Spurs should hold on to Dier hard so Jose can proceed to Fabinho.

You be fair, if you've only got £50m you don't slunk it on one player.

When you've got a fee hundred million and know you'll get 200 more this year, 50m is the price of doing business.

."x isn't worth y" has been said for 30 odd years with regard to football players. Someone is worth exactly as much as someone is willing to pay.

Exactly, City can afford it with no sweat.

They're going to pump in a ton of goals this season but really need to shore up the defense and everyone knows that. It's going to cost them.

Audioboxer

I'm stingy too. I actually think that we (Chelsea) since the Torres fiasco have been pretty sensible when it comes to spending. Costa, Matic, Hazard, Fabregas, Luiz and now Rudiger and Bakayoko were all under £40m!

Yeah, that is wise business. No one needs to be like Arsene Wenger and his warchest that never gets spent.

I really do not understand why Jose is even considering Dier at all. I know he is EPL proven and all but he has played three seasons now and he has yet to impress me at all, even when he has played for England, I cannot for once say I see the reason. That is in contrast to my opinion of AS Monaco's Fabinho: a player that just looks the part of a Carrick mini.

Chelsea should sell Matic to Inter Milan and Spurs should hold on to Dier hard so Jose can proceed to Fabinho.

I think he just wants Carrick 2.0. Unsure if that could ever be Dier but I think I would agree Dier would be better as a defensive/holding midfielder than a CB.

The biggest issue with Dier will be the price. I would be fine with him at United and he is good enough. It's being left paying something like 65m for Dier I'd be like... Great, we're the new John Stones club.

selling costa was a right decision. Costa didn't want to play for us and there's absolutely no need for a player who harms the team with his attitude (sorry juve-bros)

remember the real game when he got subbed in? he showed an unforgivable lack of interest and ancelotti punished him with the bench even in the games where it didn't matter anymore.
paired with his media outings when he told everyone he had transfer-talks with other clubs it was clear we had to get rid of him.

now the only question will be if Ancelotti wants to abandon our classic "Flügelzange" and that's why he doesn't need more wingers
The Christmas tree is coming soon.

Either way if he is sold and James is not playing that LW, LAM position, someone else needs to be brought it (not seeing it).

DBT85

I don't think the 80p for a Mars bar in the work vending machine is worth it, but sometimes late at night when I really want a mars bar, I'll pay it.
Not really, but that's only because I've given up those kind of sweets lol

TBH, £50m for Torres was a great deal. Just turned out he was shit in the PL unless he had Gerrards hand up his arse.

TBH, £50m for Torres was a great deal. Just turned out he was shit in the PL unless he had Gerrards hand up his arse.

The Gerrard fact was accurate. But by that time Torres legs had gone, he was never the same after he rushed back from injury to be in the World Cup(2010).

That being said, the day when Torres left I was a mess :(

T-Rex.

Banned
Apparently we've had a bid turned down for Keita. I don't see why we'd bid now after they've told us to fuck off like once a day for the past 2 weeks, so maybe they've changed their stance in private. Or we're just dumb. In any case, I believe! It's happening lads.

Icolin

Banned
Apparently we've had a bid turned down for Keita. I don't see why we'd bid now after they've told us to fuck off like once a day for the past 2 weeks, so maybe they've changed their stance in private. Or we're just dumb. In any case, I believe! It's happening lads.

I'm going to be over the moon if we sign Keita. He's an absolute machine in the middle of the park.

Beefy

RB Leipzig have always said Keita isn't for sale. Liverpool journo's just going on and on again. Like the "African Lawyer" who said the Van Dijk deal was back on and then deleted his account.

DBT85

Looks like Zlatan could be back at United in January

Luke Shaw turned 22 today. Burned himself blowing out the candles.

T-Rex.

Banned
RB Leipzig have always said Keita isn't for sale. Liverpool journo's just going on and on again. Like the "African Lawyer" who said the Van Dijk deal was back on and then deleted his account.
But the news is coming from Germany. The Liverpool journalists have been fairly quiet when it comes to Keita, and mainly the leaks have been from Germany (and journos with close ties to Keita, supposedly) with RB saying he's not for sale, and then leaking that maybe they'd reconsider if they receive a club record bid, and then saying he's not for sale again the next day.

Beefy

But the news is coming from Germany. The Liverpool journalists have been fairly quiet when it comes to Keita, and mainly the leaks have been from Germany (and journos with close ties to Keita, supposedly) with RB saying he's not for sale, and then leaking that maybe they'd reconsider if they receive a club record bid, and then saying he's not for sale again the next day.

Takes five seconds to see the Liverpool Echo doing weird Keita stuff. I get it is journo's thing to get hits, but Liverpool based journo's seem by far the worst for doing this kind of stuff.

sammex

There's defo something going on, possibly with VVD too, but if either of them actually happen I reckon we won't hear about via the usual sources. Keita seems way more likely at this point because even with all these denials these contrary reports keep appearing. Joyce, Reddy, Pearce, King, and Bascombe all seem to be in the dark.

Takes five seconds to see the Liverpool Echo doing weird Keita stuff. I get it is journo's thing to get hits, but Liverpool based journo's seem by far the worst for doing this kind of stuff.

The Echo just puts out any rumour. They've had almost no credibility for a while now.

T-Rex.

Banned
Not really. We fucked up with Van Dijk, but there's been no nonsense with Keita. Unless you're expecting journalists to just stop reporting on Liverpool full stop? Obviously after the Van Dijk fiasco anything we do will look bad to Saints fans, but nothing is happening here that doesn't happen with other clubs. A bunch of click bait articles from the Echo etc isn't the same as what we did with the Van Dijk briefings.

There's defo something going on, possibly with VVD too, but if either of them actually happen I reckon we won't hear about via the usual sources. Keita seems way more likely at this point because even with all these denials these contrary reports keep appearing. Joyce, Reddy, Pearce, King, and Bascombe all seem to be in the dark.

The Echo just puts out any rumour. They've had almost no credibility for a while now.

Klopp comments yesterday was pretty telling IMO.

Beefy

Not really. We fucked up with Van Dijk, but there's been no nonsense with Keita. Unless you're expecting journalists to just stop reporting on Liverpool full stop? Obviously after the Van Dijk fiasco anything we do will look bad to Saints fans, but nothing is happening here that doesn't happen with other clubs. A bunch of click bait articles from the Echo etc isn't the same as what we did with the Van Dijk briefings.

You are misreading what I said. I said nothing about your club, I was talking about Liverpool based Journo's. I would call out Southampton based journo's if they did the same.

As for Van Dijk no contact has been made since we threatened you with the PL, Bertrand on the other hand looks like going.

--------------------------
@SkyKaveh
Bild: RB Leipzig reject £57m Liverpool bid for midfielder Naby Keïta. £48m release clause in his contract kicks in next summer

Bersi

Bonucci is going to be a Milan player 99%

Biglia too.

you can very much say 100%

thanks for everything leo.

C_27_photogallery_8355_listphoto_itemPhoto_0_immagine.jpg

Now bring on a top mid and everything is going to be fine.

Beefy

@SkyKaveh
Sky Italy: Sampdoria want Jack Wilshere. Arsenal asking for £9m

Arsenal have contacted Chelsea offering a straight swap Oxlade-Chamberlain - Matic, according to Sky Italy

Pachimari

Why would one want to go from Juventus to AC Milan? Doesn't the player have a say in it as well? Or did Juventus just really want the money from this transfer.

Jarnet87

last year there was talk of Bonucci going for 50-60 million pounds if he were sold to someone like City/United/Chelsea, seems crazy to sell him for less a year later and to a direct rival. Some stuff must have went down behind the scenes.

Bersi

last year there was talk of Bonucci going for 50-60 million pounds if he were sold to someone like City/United/Chelsea, seems crazy to sell him for less a year later and to a direct rival. Some stuff must have went down behind the scenes.

he had an argument with allegri in march and then there are heavy rumors of him having a fight with barzagli and dybala during half time in cardiff,you can't do stuff like this at juve.

He also want to stay in italy,so milan was the only option.

T-Rex.

Banned
Elaborate please?
He was being asked questions about transfers the other day and when asked about Van Dijk said: "Am I allowed to talk about this? I am not! Pretty much everything I could say would be a mistake. You or your colleagues wrote everything about this a few weeks ago. I was in Iceland by the way when somebody told me this was in the newspaper. Nothing happened since then, all good so far, so I can't say anything about this."

He was mainly being asked about the lack of transfers and fans being nervous, so I think he was just trying to calm people down more than anything.

casiopao

he had an argument with allegri in march and then there are heavy rumors of him having a fight with barzagli and dybala during half time in cardiff,you can't do stuff like this at juve.

He also want to stay in italy,so milan was the only option.

I am just soured about the price hiks. 30mil+mds+romagnoli should be the best deal here.

Top Bottom