• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Loris146

Bakayoko should be done, it's really just a question of which striker we panic buy.

19989463_1524991830892961_8608595521476184190_n.jpg

:)

Moobabe

Rumours on twitter that Bakayoko either failed his medical or Monaco have blocked it...

Don't do this to me

Some suggesting he's failed, others suggesting Monaco were fucked off about his social media stuff, others suggesting we sent Monaco the wrong documents for the medical...

RocknRola

RM's 3rd kit is also looking nice. They seem to have 3 great kits this year, that's pretty cool. Not usually something that happens that often :p

real-madrid-17-18-third-kit-2.jpg

Beefy

Sky in Italy: Inter Milan have asked Manchester United about taking Anthony Martial as part of deal for Ivan Perisic
Sky Italy: AC Milan offer for Torino striker Andrea Belotti is €40m + defender Gabriel Paletta. Other targets up front Aubameyang & Kalinic

DBT85

Sky in Italy: Inter Milan have asked Manchester United about taking Anthony Martial as part of deal for Ivan Perisic

This has been bubbling away for weeks now and its always sounding like we've offered x and they want Y and nothing's actually changed.

I do have to wonder if its just more smokescreen like Morata was to get Lukaku.

It doesn't take that long to send a new fax with a bigger number on it.

DBT85

Zlatan is free to return to United if he wants say Mou

He also said he's not happy with just 2 signings. Wants 4, might have to accept 3.

Mourinho said: "It's possible. He is open. We wanted to be honest and open and give everything for him to make a decision, in case his desire was to leave.

"So there was not a new contract, there was a space and time to think, feel, decide and, from his point of view, he wants to play still at the highest level.

"He didn't want to hide behind such an amazing injury. He was not happy with the way he finished the season, of course with his first European trophy, but not playing. So he wants to challenge himself and keep playing still at the highest level.

"Obviously we leave the door open for him to recover with us. Old Trafford, Carrington is open for him to recover and be one of us and, at the same time, let's make a decision that will make us all happy.

"If that decision is to stay and for us to wait until December, maybe, because I don't think he can be back in competitive football before December, then why not wait for such a good player that gave us so much?

"We are speaking, exchanging ideas, and again it is in the hands of Mr (Ed) Woodward and Zlatan's agent, but it's important the final decision is with the player."

He's not below average but he's not worth £45m either.

Yeah he certainly isn't below average but yeah very few players are worth that much. If you look at transfermarkts valuations they are far more grounded, they value him at £25mill which seemed about right before the market broke.

DBT85

Only just realised that I'll be watching 50fps football this year. Can't wait.

Yeah he certainly isn't below average but yeah very few players are worth that much. If you look at transfermarkts valuations they are far more grounded, they value him at £25mill which seemed about right before the market broke.

Can someone point me back to when the PL market wasn't broke?

Also, FA confirms there will be in Bins in 32 grassroots elagues this season
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40606261

The Football Association has confirmed 32 grassroots leagues in England will trial sin-bins in the 2017-18 season.

The "temporary dismissals" will apply to selected divisions in England's 'step seven' - six tiers below the National League - and leagues below.

Players will now spend 10 minutes out of the game if they are shown a yellow card for dissent.

Peterpan

I want Belotti or Auba.

And we need a fucking pair of midfielders. Maybe legend Essien is willing to come back.
We got Biglia, Kessie, Bona, Monto and loca. We linked to Renato, 2 year loan with an option to buy, but that is currently sounding really fake.

Belotti then we close the mercato, me thinks.

Arsenal need to hurry up and pay what Monaco want for Lemar...

Lemar plus an actual defensive midfielder and I'd be reasonably happy with the window. Need to get rid of all the deadweight too.

It sounds like this might be the make or break weekend for Keita. Their management is almost convinced to let him go besides from one of them. Also rumours City have contacted his agent to stir the pot, so I'm hoping we can get things done sooner rather than later.

Top Bottom