• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

sammex

Andy Hunter from the Guardian is saying the Keita deal isn't dead yet and that his agent is out in Hong Kong talking to LFC about making another bid.

Elneni is now a center back and he's doing a pretty damn good job at it.

Edit: and Arsenal equalizes. Though if not because of Cech it should be at least 3-1 for Bayern.

Not a bad match for us considering the squad we started with compared to Bayerns. Did not expect it to end 1-1 considering just how many shots they had but hell, that's why we bought Cech isn't it?

(Edit) Oh, we have pens.

Yes. I honestly, 100% believe he's the best option out there for us.

Happy to eat my words - but I think he's got so much about his game - even more than Lukaku.

Let's just hope it actually happens now. I want that striker signed as soon as possible with the season not that far out...

Moobabe

Let's just hope it actually happens now. I want that striker signed as soon as possible with the season not that far out...

Agreed - we're doing well on money as well (I think?) so it's not like we'd look like mugs for splurging a bit on Morata.

I don't know how much we've brought in but it must be 40/50m this window so far (not to mention the ridiculous money we brought in in January) and that's before Matic and Costa go.

Beefy

And there you go with your hate against everything Liverpool.

I don't hate Liverpool (I hate no club)? What are you even on about 😂

Solanke is a good player, but I hate how Sky go mad over the first thing a young player does. Young English players are hyped up way too much

I don't hate Liverpool (I hate no club)? What are you even on about 😂

You spend more time reporting anything Liverpool then on your own team. Usually comes with a sly hating remark.

Solanke is a good player, but I hate how Sky go mad over the first thing a young player does. Young English players are hyped up way too much

That's every English media, not just Sky.

Just goes to prove how crazy it was with Owen and Rooney back in the day when they were younger than the likes of Solanke but still scored like 20+ goals in the PL and performed great at World Cups and Euros.

Edit: Robbie Fowler too.

Beefy

You spend more time reporting anything Liverpool then on your own team. Usually comes with a sly hating remark.

I talk about Liverpool because they are talking about a player that plays for my team. If it was Man U fans/ ex players etc doing the same shit I would say the same. I can't report about my team because we don't leak anything to the press, so everything is quiet. Again I aint hating I am saying what I see. Fans msging a player over and over about joining a club is fucking sad (notice I only said fans). If you think am hating you are wrong dude

I got way more important shit to hate then some football team. I don't even hate Lallana or Lovren for acting like mugs to get their moves.

I talk about Liverpool because they are talking about a player that plays for my team. If it was Man U fans/ ex players etc doing the same shit I would say the same. I can't report about my team because we don't leak anything to the press, so everything is quiet. Again I aint hating I am saying what I see.

Fans msging a player over and over about joining a club is fucking sad (notice I only said fans). If you think am hating you are wrong dude

Except that isn't the only thing you post on and why do you care so much if fans msg him? Are they messaging you? Is it somehow ruining your life? You call them sad but yet you're the one getting mad over it while VvD is probably enjoying all the attention.

Beefy

Except that isn't the only thing you post on and why do you care so much if fans msg him? Are they messaging you? Is it somehow ruining your life? You call them sad but yet you're the one getting mad over it while VvD is probably enjoying all the attention.

I am not getting mad over football why would I? I am just saying what I see, this is a football thread after all.

I could say the same shit to you man, Are you getting mad by me supposing 'hating' Liverpool? Is it ruining your life?

Seriously some fans can't accept people criticising or joking about their teams/ supporters

Solanke, whew lad. Lukakwho?

Also, chill. Beefy loves us really.

I like Liverpool and I like Klopp. You still can't have VVD tho dude

Moobabe

I am not getting mad over football why would I? I am just saying what I see, this is a football thread after all.

I could say the same shit to you man, Are you getting mad by me supposing 'hating' Liverpool? Is it ruining your life?

Seriously some fans can't accept people criticising or joking about their teams/ supporters

I like Liverpool and I like Klopp. You still can't have VVD tho dude

It's ok man - we all fucking hate Liverpool.

snappa.static.pressassociation.ioassets201603211409371458569376-0701671dd8b9f1cc05364fba75e58eee-600x600-63ea6500590c420b7d1c67f61f4b1cfcae179713.jpg

You can't hate on anything this cute!

Pachimari

I won't be surprised if we're going for Mbappe now that we're selling Morata. Because we're looking to loan out Mayoral to a top flight La Liga team as well.

I also hope we give our 18-year old youth player Achraf the back up position for right back if Danilo leaves.

DBT85

If we United fans got upset with bantz during the last 4 years we'd have all killed ourselves lol.

So say we all.

Just goes to prove how crazy it was with Owen and Rooney back in the day when they were younger than the likes of Solanke but still scored like 20+ goals in the PL and performed great at World Cups and Euros.

Edit: Robbie Fowler too.

Fowler and Owen both had 100+ PL goals by the time they were 24. Rooney a mere 86. Lukaku 85.

The next closest to 80 before 24 is Ronaldo at 77.

Owen only went on to add 40 more goals in the PL after he turned 24, Fowler added 57, Rooney 112 and counting.

When you consider the quality of the teams that Owen, Fowler and Rooney played in before they were 24 and the players they were playing with, Lukaku probably deserves more credit than get he gets.

Fowler and Owen both had 100+ PL goals by the time they were 24. Rooney a mere 86. Lukaku 85.

The next closest to 80 before 24 is Ronaldo at 77.

Owen only went on to add 40 more goals in the PL after he turned 24, Fowler added 57, Rooney 112 and counting.

When you consider the quality of the teams that Owen, Fowler and Rooney played in before they were 24 and the players they were playing with, Lukaku probably deserves more credit than get he gets.

Pretty interesting that Fowler, Owen and Rooney who bursted onto the scene early, faded away at an earlier age compared to other players. Lukaku's goalscoring is impressive, if he only can work on stop being so inconsistant(in his overall game), he'll be a great player.

Yeah you do as much as you would like to deny it and yes I can accept criticism of my club.

(Solanke was sold by Chelsea to Liverpool)

I know but Chelsea have many youth players who I'd say are better. He did the right thing by making the move. If you are 19 and not playing mens football move on sharpish and Liverpool are a weak enough team that he might get regular play time.

Beefy

Yeah you do as much as you would like to deny it and yes I can accept criticism of my club.

Nah, have far more shit in my life to get mad over and I don't, footy is just entertainment to me. I am a chill as fuck dude.

--------------------

Also Di Marzio says Morata to Chelsea is done

----------
Inter closing in on Sampdoria's Schick

Top Bottom