• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Yeah you do as much as you would like to deny it and yes I can accept criticism of my club.
To be fair to him, this has taken up half a page of comments about you saying 'you hate Liverpool!' after he bemoaned Sky for 'wanking over Solanke.'

Then followed it up with 'Solanke is a good player, but I hate how Sky go mad over the first thing a young player does. Young English players are hyped up way too much.'

I don't know what to tell you mate but it seems you're just arguing about nothing at this point, he's right and it's not about Liverpool.

Plus, we all hate Liverpool.

TimmmV

Pretty interesting that Fowler, Owen and Rooney who bursted onto the scene early, faded away at an earlier age compared to other players. Lukaku's goalscoring is impressive, if he only can work on stop being so inconsistant(in his overall game), he'll be a great player.

Fitness plays a big part in those though, Fowler and Rooney really didn't look after themselves as much as they should, and Owen's legs were made out of twigs. Feels weird to say it, but had Fowler or Rooney had the mentality of Ronaldo, they could have been much much better

Edit: Chelsea fans - is Batshuayi crap or something? It seemed like he'd be good last season, surely he could be given a chance if you don't sign someone to replace Costa?

Loris146

Nah, have far more shit in my life to get mad over and I don't, footy is just entertainment to me. I am a chill as fuck dude.

--------------------

Also Di Marzio says Morata to Chelsea is done

----------
Inter closing in on Sampdoria's Schick

Lol Marotta.

Moobabe

(Solanke was sold by Chelsea to Liverpool)

Well, he ran his contract down and left on a Bosman. But Liverpool will probably end up paying 7-10m for the privilege.

Edit: Chelsea fans - is Batshuayi crap or something? It seemed like he'd be good last season, surely he could be given a chance if you don't sign someone to replace Costa?

No he really isn't. Strong, quick, decent in the air, good finisher, can use both feet. He's raw, obviously, but we didn't get a good look at how he plays because he was barely given any time last season. he got given 10 minutes here, 30 minutes there, starts in the cup vs weaker teams etc

We. Never. Rotate.

Also Di Marzio says Morata to Chelsea is done

giphy.gif

You were saying Cecil? ;)

Something something first pre-season match for us, third for you.

Something something the climate and weather in HK.

Can I ask what was so bad about Grujic? The poor lad has already played for us since we signed him :/

Injured James Tomkins for us last we met in the league, with a disgusting tackle, when Tomkins had just gotten back from the previous injury, and now went in way to hard, unnecessarily, on Zaha today. And wasn't punished hard enough, especially not for the Tomkins tackle.

DBT85

Do wonder if we wanted Morata and Lukaku or just one, and if us not letting them have De Gea had much to so with the Morata deal.

TrueBlue

I can't believe Chelsea is paying ~80million€ for Morata

This is even a worse deal than Torres.

Time will tell if this is a panic signing or not.

We have been linked with him frequently over the last year, so I don't think it's completely out of left field.

Pachimari

Benzema is in fantastic shape coming back from vacation. He will definitely be our starter and I'm happy about it. We will surely try and sign Mbappe now too though.

DBT85

morata is cheaper than lukaku so in a way better business. Only time will tell which was the better deal

It's like £4m unless Lukaku triggers all the bonus payment, in which case we'll have done ok.

Obviously as a fan of a club that tried to buy Morata and failed, I have to offer the standard "he's shit anyway" reply. lol

RocknRola

Benzema is irreplaceable. He will never retire, he will just sit in the box and let the ball hit him. Which is most of what he did last season, except that one time when he dribbled and made an assist.

Ah, the good old "become a post in box" tactic. It wins many games! :p

Morata done finally. Good buy but would have preferred a PL Proven Lukaku anyday. Still he was the only decent option available easily. But we lost on Danilo so hunt for both LB and RB is on.

Top Bottom