• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

TeddyBoy

Heartbreaking to concede so late, a point isn't really good enough for us to keep challenging Chelsea. I suppose we're still in the top four.

Draw is okay for me. If we were playing better maybe not but we never really troubled them at the goal. We've really gotta get fired up for Chelsea, get the team playing like we were a couple months ago. Coutinho was looking pretty good even coming off of injury so I have hope.

We created chances, but didn't take them and that sucked.

Thank god we got the equalizer.

Midfield being over run was the biggest problem. Pogba should have been off instead of Martial.

bjaelke

The linesman is fuckung awful

Just look at his positioning.

C2Otg3jUsAAZ31t.jpg

Audioboxer

Good thing on GAF then we have level-headed, impartial and unbiased football fans, eh?

We were totally shite, and got an undeserved draw, but thank fuck we aren't Man City tonight

ElyrionX

Good thing on GAF then we have level-headed, impartial and unbiased football fans, eh?

We were totally shite, and got an undeserved draw, but thank fuck we aren't Man City tonight

Undeserved draw? Really?

Look at how many good chances we squandered. We didn't play the best we could but it was a good effort all-around. The team didn't give up and pushed for the win. It was a satisfactory performance.

Spurs are a better bet to challenge Chelsea this season based on current form.

Well, I still feel like it'll be decided between teams which are not in European competitions. So Liverpool and Chelsea (at the moment). I bet Spurs will go at least 3 knockout rounds in EL.

Audioboxer

Undeserved draw? Really?

Look at how many good chances we squandered. We didn't play the best we could but it was a good effort all-around. The team didn't give up and pushed for the win. It was a satisfactory performance.

3 shots on target at home? lol. No.

1st half was dreadful, 2nd half was a minor improvement that lead to a goal that was offside. Terrible performance. Also the worst performance by Pogba so far, which is easy to say. Whole team were gash though. Even Mourinho admitted it was a poor performance.

If Chelsea were playing this game they'd have beat that Liverpool side by 3 or 4.

3 shots on target at home? lol. No.

1st half was dreadful, 2nd half was a minor improvement that lead to a goal that was offside. Terrible performance. Also the worst performance by Pogba so far, which is easy to say. Whole team were gash though. Even Mourinho admitted it was a poor performance.

If Chelsea were playing this game they'd have beat that Liverpool side by 3 or 4.
I think you mean they would have beaten that United side by 3 or 4 goals.

Liverpool would have beat them, amirite?

Also what is it with Guardiola's post match interviews? lol

I don't think my post said anything about Liverpool beating Chelsea, but if they beat us it wouldn't be by 3 or 4 goals. We were missing about 4 or 5 first team regulars today. I believe if we had Clyne and Matip, they wouldn't have scored.

DBT85

A point is better than nothing but we really needed a win to close that gap up. City getting spanked is great but 3 points would have been better.

At least the unbeaten run continues.

Stoke(A), Hull(A), Leicester(H) and Watford(A) to play now before we have City(A).

I know we can all get together and agree Guardiola is the real fraud, right?

Na I don't think he's a fraud, I just don't think he's had to manage in a league where you can get beaten by every team on their day, or where you have all 90+ players but everyone else is at least 75+ and not 60+. It's by far and away his biggest test as a manager.

I'm guessing Guardiola's second season oughta be much better than the first one, I think for someone like him, coming from spain and Germany, it will take some time to get the hang of the game in the isles.

Now for Real Madrid - Sevilla

I smell Ronaldo brace incoming

Audioboxer

I don't think my post said anything about Liverpool beating Chelsea, but if they beat us it wouldn't be by 3 or 4 goals. We were missing about 4 or 5 first team regulars today. I believe if we had Clyne and Matip, they wouldn't have scored.

That was my point, this was a weakened Liverpool team and it showed how poor United were.

A point is better than nothing but we really needed a win to close that gap up. City getting spanked is great but 3 points would have been better.

At least the unbeaten run continues.

Stoke(A), Hull(A), Leicester(H) and Watford(A) to play now before we have City(A).

Na I don't think he's a fraud, I just don't think he's had to manage in a league where you can get beaten by every team on their day, or where you have all 90+ players but everyone else is at least 75+ and not 60+. It's by far and away his biggest test as a manager.

I was trolling ;)

Tuturu Jones

Neo Member
Nice argument. He coached a Barcelona team with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta at their absolute peak a nice Spanish core that was winning things on their own, literally the easiest job in management. Pep, not satisfied, then went on to coach Bayern, a team that had just won the treble and literally won it's league by 25 points before his tenure, sadly he was always exposed in the Champions League as a manager that always needs his players to bail him out and with no tactical knowledge whatsoever.

So yeah, I do hope he has a hard time in the english league, he'll either get even more exposed or shut my mouth, I guess? The City job is definitely the hardest one he has taken, for what it's worth.

Feels good to be right.

Syder

Guardiola will win the league at some point though.
City might be the hardest job he's taken but he's still chosen carefully enough that he's at place where he's set up to succeed.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom