• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Beefy

From the people who have connections:

Fonte

Transfer: £9m
Wages: £75k (basic)
Contract: 2.5 years

So he will be nearly 36 at the end of his contract.

DBT85

I'm sure that and probably even Griezman talk is just papers trying to sell papers as usual. More people are interested in that than Depay leaving lol.

Blablurn

C2h3ls2XAAEzlP2.jpg:large

badstuber :s

Audioboxer

I'm sure that and probably even Griezman talk is just papers trying to sell papers as usual. More people are interested in that than Depay leaving lol.

Apparently Depay has a buyback clause lol. Man Utd mindful of the Pogba debacle (OK Depay is being paid for but a sale at a loss and the guy does have raw talent).

Him and Martial just seem to have some attitude problems. I know they're young but clubs can't be dealing with having to be babysitters over young talent if it cares more about money and fame.

I don't think Martial will see the door as quickly as papers rumour, but his time is definitely running out to live up to some of his potential and knuckle down. His huffing, puffing and sighing on the pitch is quite telling at times. A bit like Ronaldo in his early years. Or well, all the time, but Ronaldo still worked hard like a mofo to realize his potential. Every interview about Ronaldo in training stated how hard he worked.

West Brom have bid for:

Ighalo (around 15m)
Livermore (£10m) ????? Mad

I mean, Fletcher is nearly 33 and has had problems with injuries, so Livermore makes sense there. They also have absolutely no depth at CM - so it's surprising that they've made it this far into the season without issue. Ighalo may have struggled for goals this season, but when Gareth McAuley is your second-top scorer on 4 goals, then maybe it's time to roll the dice a little. Also, I think Ighalo is a good fit for how Pulis likes his strikers to play (if they can get him).

DBT85

Apparently Depay has a buyback clause lol. Man Utd mindful of the Pogba debacle (OK Depay is being paid for but a sale at a loss and the guy does have raw talent).

Him and Martial just seem to have some attitude problems. I know they're young but clubs can't be dealing with having to be babysitters over young talent if it cares more about money and fame.

I don't think Martial will see the door as quickly as papers rumour, but his time is definitely running out to live up to some of his potential and knuckle down. His huffing, puffing and sighing on the pitch is quite telling at times. A bit like Ronaldo in his early years. Or well, all the time, but Ronaldo still worked hard like a mofo to realize his potential. Every interview about Ronaldo in training stated how hard he worked.

I hope Martial gets a bit more time, he was very useful last season. His mindset may have been altered by the changing of the numbers if, as the press seem allude, he wasn't at least told before coming back from the summer. Rashford coming out of nowhere and getting a lot of the headlines probably took some of the light off him too.

As for the Depay buyback, it makes sense. Had Pogba been sold we might have done the same, but Fergies pig headedness is what sent Pogba off to Juve. In hindsight it was the best thing for his career and it meant he didn't get Moyes'd or Gaal'd. While the money to bring him back was huge, it almost means nothing to the club.

I hope Martial gets a bit more time, he was very useful last season. His mindset may have been altered by the changing of the numbers if, as the press seem allude, he wasn't at least told before coming back from the summer.
This is such a joke. A number change has this much effect on him? Bullshit. I would say that his wife ditching his cheating ass and probably not seeing much of his daughter as a result of that is fucking him up more than a trivial number swap.

Pachimari

I really hope we do not buy Alexander Isak during next week. We really don't need him. We got Asensio who needs more playing time, and Morata too. And Lucas. Not to mention Cristiano and Bale already.

DBT85

This is such a joke. A number change has this much effect on him? Bullshit. I would say that his wife ditching his cheating ass and probably not seeing much of his daughter as a result of that is fucking him up more than a trivial number swap.

Could be that too lol.

Audioboxer

I hope Martial gets a bit more time, he was very useful last season. His mindset may have been altered by the changing of the numbers if, as the press seem allude, he wasn't at least told before coming back from the summer. Rashford coming out of nowhere and getting a lot of the headlines probably took some of the light off him too.

As for the Depay buyback, it makes sense. Had Pogba been sold we might have done the same, but Fergies pig headedness is what sent Pogba off to Juve. In hindsight it was the best thing for his career and it meant he didn't get Moyes'd or Gaal'd. While the money to bring him back was huge, it almost means nothing to the club.

Even that was a farce though. If Ibra signs for your club you give your number up lol. Martial is still young, so experienced superstars are going to take what they want. When he works hard and gets himself there then one day he can too. Plus 11 was worn by Giggs FFS. If you care about Man Utd that jersey should still mean a lot. However sure, I hope he gets a bit longer. Just less sighing and moaning and more hard work please.

I echo your thoughts on Pogba. Maybe Fergie was actually a genius and seen all of this coming :p Pogba would have rage quit under Moyes or LvG.

Yeah this too. Drama drama drama.

Syder

Apparently, Fonte, Sigurðsson and Hogan are all on our shopping list. Would be quite happy with our January dealings if we could get any two of those three. We didn't buy anyone to put in our first XI in the Summer. Maybe Payet will want to play with those guys too.
wtzgU.gif

Beefy

Apparently, Fonte, Sigurðsson and Hogan are all on our shopping list. Would be quite happy with our January dealings if we could get any two of those three. We didn't buy anyone to put in our first XI in the Summer. Maybe Payet will want to play with those guys too.
wtzgU.gif

Fonte is all but joined you. So it is more like he has just been paid for and you are walking out the shop.

@BBCSport
Done deal

Aston Villa have signed Nottingham Forest captain Henri Lansbury for a fee believed to be about £2.75m

Crazy to think there have been no rumours around new full backs for City this transfer window. They are all currently not up to scratch and currently a huge liability, something every City fan knew at the end of last season and all four of them are out of contract this summer. Going by Tixi's record of signing players with defensive capabilities they'd be shit anyway though.

spidye

Uhh typical post winter break game from bayern

And vidal is just a corpse
He really should get some rest and let his body heal a little bit

spidye

Holy shit this bayern is absolutely the worst

Absolutely no determination to run, abysmal pass accuracy, mind numbing decision making inside the box

Good work ancelotti

spidye

I have no problem with losing or getting a draw but this body language is offensive to any fan

Lol lewandowski. Thank you

Syder

José Fonte has officially joined West Ham
West Ham United have won the race to sign UEFA Euro 2016 winner Jose Fonte. The outstanding Portugal international centre-half joins the Hammers from Southampton on a two-and-half-year contract with the option to sign for another season for a fee of £8million. Fonte was linked with a range of clubs in the top flight before opting to move to London Stadium. The experienced central defender has enjoyed a successful career in English football since initially joining Crystal Palace in 2007, before going on to make 154 Premier League appearances and captain Southampton for the past three-and-a-half seasons.
A strong and technically-gifted defender and respected leader, Fonte wants to take his career to another level at London Stadium and revealed that he cannot wait to pull on a Claret and Blue shirt for the first time.
Fonte said: ”I signed for West Ham because they are a great club and a very big club. They have a lot of fans and I have known for a number of years how passionate they are.
”The manager was also a very big influence. I thought that he really wanted me and that he sold me the project and the ambition of the Club. ”I also have part of my family living in London and they are big West Ham fans. It just made sense for me at this stage to join West Ham. It is a new challenge and a new beginning and I am looking forward to it.
”With the way that West Ham is going we can only look to be challenging in the top eight.
”I told the manager in conversations that we want to win and we want to win trophies. The ambition is big and we need to aim high.
”West Ham are a massive club and it is an exciting challenge and it should be for everyone. We all need to get together and start working."

Syder

I still don't get it but he was great for Saints so I hope it works out for him.
What is 8 million these days? He burned his bridges at Southampton and we get, an albeit short-term, Premier League proven defender.
Works out pretty well for both clubs.

Top Bottom