• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

T-Rex.

Banned
The gap in quality from the 3 best in the world (Real, Barca, Bayern) to the rest is probably the biggest I have seen in the last 30 years, so their leagues are basically decided regarding the championship. Then you have Ligue 1 with a money club and an anomally this year with huge talents, still PSG is default champ. Then there is the "best" league in the world with Chelsea winning it and 4 other big clubs at same level. Sure, there is more competition, but the championship is already done. The consequence of the stacked (mediocre) level of Arsenal, Liverpool, City and United directly translates to the EPL performance in the big European competition. And yes, I enjoy one sided games, I want to see the best players in the world destory their competition with playing outstanding football.
Tbf if City beat Arsenal today and Chelsea midweek then they're only 6 points behind them. I'm not saying it'll happen, but it's not impossible.

Coquelin starts...

tenor.gif

Chelsea - City and United - Everton midweek and we play Bournemouth at home. Jinx mode now probably, but we could be in a real good position.

We also lost to flipping Swansea at home this season and Bournemouth 3-2 so I'm not counting anyone out. With Lallana, Henderson and Mane not being available it's going to be a rough run-in for us. We always flop against teams we should be taking out with ease.

Really wish we had landed Draxler in January. Everyone in the squad need to work together to get the results. We can possibly even get 2nd if we magically win every remaining game and Spurs/City make a blunder here and there.

Jarnet87

Pogba is back training, Herrera and Zlatan back from suspension as well. Mata's injury could be for the rest of the season so that right wing spot goes to Rashford or Lingard. Can still go within 2 points of City with the game in hand, but the games at Arsenal and at City are going to be big.

We also lost to flipping Swansea at home this season and Bournemouth 3-2 so I'm not counting anyone out. With Lallana, Henderson and Mane not being available it's going to be a rough run-in for us. We always flop against teams we should be taking out with ease.

Really wish we had landed Draxler in January. Everyone in the squad need to work together to get the results. We can possibly even get 2nd if we magically win every remaining game and Spurs/City make a blunder here and there.

I'm pretty calm regarding the home games because besides Swansea we've been good at home this season. The away games worry me though.

Top Bottom