• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What is that all about? Seen some random ass tweets of Arsenal fans losing it.

All over some Wenger out drama or something? lol
Fuck knows, they're a bunch of morons anyway. Could've been over anything. The "fight" was pathetic.

TeddyBoy

Nice 2 - Bordeaux 1

Super Mario scored an equaliser for Nice and another player scored a Countinho-esque screamer for second.

Pretty solid game so far.

Syder

Wenger Out banner at a Coldplay concert in Singapore last night

415dc1dbb15a432fb8bad7586c3db4f4.jpg

Going to have my eye out for a Wenger Out banner at WrestleMania tonight

Audioboxer

Why is he singling him out?

Press is understandably asking what is going on. Just sounds like Shaw isn't trying hard enough and has some attitude issues. Put it this way as much of a dick as Mourinho can be his man management isn't always unfair. Mhiki was in the dogs house till he turned things around.

EmiPrime

Sunderland’s David Moyes sorry for telling reporter she ‘might get a slap’

Moyes was unimpressed that Sparks asked whether it put him under greater pressure knowing that Sunderland’s owner, Ellis Short, was in the stands. “No, none at all,” Moyes replied before making his remarks to Sparks thinking they were off-camera.

“Just getting a wee bit naughty at the end there so just watch yourself … You still might get a slap even though you’re a woman.” Sparks can be heard and seen laughing and Moyes, who can be seen smiling, adds: “Careful the next time you come in.”

What a twat.

Empty

between that and his 'we needed some more britishness in the midfield' i really regret the personal sympathy i had for his time at united

mediocre shit.

Jarnet87

lets not forget Moyes as manager backing off signing Thiago because Giggs was against it, or so the story goes I use to think we actually chose Moyes, but as time goes on I think the board was just clueless and in panic mode. Pep went to Bayern, Klopp was staying at Dortmund for the time, Mou to Chelsea. Fergie mentioned Moyes and they thought hey he's Scottish, he has Prem experience and gets good results against United, he can do it.

As for Shaw he is done. It's not even like he was in the dog house to start the season, Mou clearly thought he was the best option based on the preseason and early fixtures.

Audioboxer

lets not forget Moyes as manager backing off signing Thiago because Giggs was against it, or so the story goes I use to think we actually chose Moyes, but as time goes on I think the board was just clueless and in panic mode. Pep went to Bayern, Klopp was staying at Dortmund for the time, Mou to Chelsea. Fergie mentioned Moyes and they thought hey he's Scottish, he has Prem experience and gets good results against United, he can do it.

As for Shaw he is done. It's not even like he was in the dog house to start the season, Mou clearly thought he was the best option based on the preseason and early fixtures.

Definitely Fergusons biggest mistake. Clearly thought he could craft another Scot like himself. As much as Fergie is a legend quality and Scotland in regards to football rarely goes hand in hand. Moyes will forever be a mid table manager, he's not got any more potential left in him. Plus he's useless at managing big egos and big players.

That is one area where Mourinho can excel. He's still a shotgun too often and ruins players, but he's not a doormat like Moyes. LvG went too far in the opposite direction. Complete authoritarian crack pot.

Hence when Mou throws Shaw under a bus I'm inclined to believe there are issues with attitude. The debate is how to handle it to try and get the potential out of the player. Mourinho is pretty much going down the line of shape up or you're not getting a game, at all. It did work with Mhiki but it doesn't work with every player. Some do need coddled into potential ability. That isn't Mourinhos style so we well may lose Shaw, for better or worse. It worked with Rojo as well, he hasn't half turned his career around at United. Although, part of that was wrongly being played as a LB.

Empty

pep was our first choice but he turned us down as he'd already committed to bayern :cries:

we actively chose moyes over mourinho as charlton thought mou was too disrespectful and didn't priorotize youth enough which was obviously a mistake

i feel sympathy for moyes as he was absolutely slaughtered for stuff that's now just business as normal (boring performances, average results) without spending anything and with the experienced players who were past it like rio, vidic etc undermining him at every turn because he took away their chips. "he took the reigning champions out of europe lmao" is less of a snappy line when it's clear how shit the squad fergie left behind truly was and how despite spending loads we've seen minimal improvement. "haha moyes boring everton football" is less snappy when champions league winning coaches of some of the best players in the world have turned out the same dismal negative play every year since.

imo if he'd stayed he'd have done as well as van gaal and then mourinho

Audioboxer

pep was our first choice but he turned us down as he'd already committed to bayern :cries:

we actively chose moyes over mourinho as charlton thought mou was too disrespectful and didn't priorotize youth enough which was obviously a mistake

i feel sympathy for moyes as he was absolutely slaughtered for stuff that's now just business as normal (boring performances, average results) without spending anything and with the experienced players who were past it like rio, vidic etc undermining him at every turn. "he took the reigning champions out of europe lmao" is less of a snappy line when it's clear how shit the squad fergie left behind truly was and how despite spending loads we've seen minimal improvement.

imo if he'd stayed he'd have done as well as van gaal and then mourinho

He fumbled Van Persie and was a doormat to having to play Rooney every game even although Rooney has declined hugely as a player. Instead of adapting like Scholes or Carrick to older age, or even Zlatan, Rooney has just disappeared. Truly once a great, now a former shell.

Part of the picture with a manager has always been presence, confidence and a bit of fire and passion. Even when results aren't great if a manager seems to care and love the club, they get some time. Moyes was only marginally more "excitable" than LvG. Drab drab drab.

A coach needs a little swagger and shitposting. Issue with Mourinho has always been balance. Too often crying and throwing his toys around. That's been curbed a little at United. He's admitted that himself.

Empty

He fumbled Van Persie and was a doormat to having to play Rooney every game even although Rooney has declined hugely as a player. Instead of adapting like Scholes or Carrick to older age, or even Zlatan, Rooney has just disappeared. Truly once a great, now a former shell.

Part of the picture with a manager has always been presence, confidence and a bit of fire and passion. Even when results aren't great if a manager seems to care and love the club, they get some time. Moyes was only marginally more "excitable" than LvG. Drab drab drab.

A coach needs a little swagger and shitposting. Issue with Mourinho has always been balance. Too often crying and throwing his toys around. That's been curbed a little at United. He's admitted that himself.

meh rooney was good in moyes' first season. his last good one. in retrospect we should have cashed in on him at the start and sold him to chelsea to be the new torres, but i don't blame moyes for not trying to rock the boat straight away and lose one of our biggest players.

van persie was just injured a lot. he scored 18 in 23 across all competitions in his scattered appearances which is very good indeed. when he played we often looked like a top side.

caring about how much manchester united swagger and presence the manager has is embarrassing. it's a true sign that we are now liverpool. we've similarly accepted not being a title winning side again so irrelevant things like swagger is key to us like "how much they get the liverpool way" is to them. pochettino would massively improve us and he's boring as shit.

spidye

So Manuel Neuer is out for the first game, and maybe second leg against us in the Champions League. How is their second keeper?
Same bullshit every year

Fuck this bullshit

Even müller could be out for the real game

As to our second keeper. He's not bad.
probably the best second kepper we had in recent memory

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Sunderland’s David Moyes sorry for telling reporter she ‘might get a slap’

Moyes was unimpressed that Sparks asked whether it put him under greater pressure knowing that Sunderland’s owner, Ellis Short, was in the stands. “No, none at all,” Moyes replied before making his remarks to Sparks thinking they were off-camera.

“Just getting a wee bit naughty at the end there so just watch yourself … You still might get a slap even though you’re a woman.” Sparks can be heard and seen laughing and Moyes, who can be seen smiling, adds: “Careful the next time you come in.”

What a twat.

Then, I fail to see the problem?

Obviously she might be laughing nervously, but could've easily been a joke between them

At least 3 managers were ahead of Moyes in the short list to take over from Fergie, no way was he 1st choice lol. They were just trying to save face with that.

Jarnet87

Report that Shaw has returned to the squad after having talks with Mourinho. Maybe it's a turning point, or could be the last straw with another bust up.

tim.mbp

So many games this month. I think counting Champions and Europa leagues, there's at least one La Liga team playing everyday.

Pachimari

Seems like we are interested in paying the €24 million buy-out clause for Theo Hernandez who has been a revelation for Alaves this season. But he's an Atletico player and our president has said in the past that we will never make such a hostile move for any of their players. We do need a back-up left back this summer though.

And Varane is out a month, so Sergio Ramos, Pepe and Nacho needs to be up for the task against Atletico, Bayern and Barcelona.

Seems like we are interested in paying the €24 million buy-out clause for Theo Hernandez who has been a revelation for Alaves this season. But he's an Atletico player and our president has said in the past that we will never make such a hostile move for any of their players. We do need a back-up left back this summer though.

And Varane is out a month, so Sergio Ramos, Pepe and Nacho needs to be up for the task against Atletico, Bayern and Barcelona.
Not much of a loss when you can put Ramos and Pepe in the line up though -_-

La Liga schedule is amazing this month, if the neutrals ever wanted to hop on then this month would be a fantastic start. The mid-table games are so much fun, I love that Eibar is pushing for a 6th or potentially 5th spot.

You know we should really stop this nonsense of respecting Atletico, their our rivals ffs, if they could poach our players they would do so in a heart beat. Pay the 24 million clause, that's a steal in today's market. Would be a very good candidate to challenge Marcelo.

I also agree with regards to Nacho, he's our most improved player YoY.

Pachimari

You know we should really stop this nonsense of respecting Atletico, their our rivals ffs, if they could poach our players they would do so in a heart beat. Pay the 24 million clause, that's a steal in today's market. Would be a very good candidate to challenge Marcelo.

I also agree with regards to Nacho, he's our most improved player YoY.
Yeah but you know Florentino Perez, he wants good business relations with everyone.

Jarnet87

Might as well let him board the Everton bus when the game is over.

If only. It's a shame Carrick's testimonial will get more attention as Rooneys last game at United.

Mou will still throw him on today for 20 minutes instead of someone who can actually contribute something.

Audioboxer

If only. It's a shame Carrick's testimonial will get more attention as Rooneys last game at United.

Mou will still throw him on today for 20 minutes instead of someone who can actually contribute something.

Nah, cause he ain't even made the bench 😂

Zlatan's prematch interview was funny. Really hope he stays another season.

Dark Rider

congrats Bayern fans on advancing to the semi-final.
I don't think we have a chance of winning the UCL this season
please no big defeats that is all ask for

Top Bottom