• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Enjoyed that. Decent build up play from City and good pressing and closing the channels from United. Toure and Bailly have stood out so far.

Mory Dunz

Go home Martial. Every time I watch him he gets worse.

To think a couple of years ago he was one of my favorite players.Now,?eff I dunno.
I remember him destroying arsenal at monaco

jm89

I see the pundits and commentators are still mad about the Joe Hart situation, constantly shitting on bravo. Salty fucks get over it.

Jarnet87

Was watching a live tracker of the game, looked like we escaped with a point. United have had nine lives this season and that may be the last one lol, have to be perfect from here on out.

Someone will screw up and give United another chance lol.

Don't know why Pep put Navas on and removed Sterling. Would have been more apt to put Jesus on for Sane as he wasn't playing well at all, even though Sterling was ineffective he provides a lot more than Navas and would have been an asset towards the end.

That was a classic Mourinho game but lacked any attack going forward for the counter. I bet Martial loved playing as a left back.

DBT85

Was watching a live tracker of the game, looked like we escaped with a point. United have had nine lives this season and that may be the last one lol, have to be perfect from here on out.

Someone will screw up and give United another chance lol.

We really should have buried at least 1 chance but yeah, I wanted the game done after 60 minutes lol.

DBT85

On Bartons ban by the way

However, the commission stated that, "for the player's benefit and for that of the wider public, there was no suggestion the player was engaged in match-fixing".

The report said that he made 15 bets on his own teams to lose but did not take part in any of those matches. However, given that the FA guideline is a minimum suspension of six months per bet on one's own team, the player could have been banned for 90 months.
Eugh DP.

Zasa

City's finishing letting them down once again vs a top opponent when they clearly had a substantial amount of clear-cut chances. Agūero alone had three times as many shots as Man U. They should've had that one in the bag, really.

DBT85

City's finishing letting them down once again vs a top opponent when they clearly had a substantial amount of clear-cut chances. Agūero alone had three times as many shots as Man U. They should've had that one in the bag, really.

Lots of speculative efforts though which is what United have managed to reduce teams to all season.

Zasa

Lots of speculative efforts though which is what United have managed to reduce teams to all season.
They had three big chances inside the six yard box (one which hit the woodwork), & five more from inside the box from good locations. Rest were pretty poor though, you're right. Still, Man City dominated for the most part & it was a pretty cautious approach by Pep's standards. Shame a draw benefitted both sides.

DBT85

They had three big chances inside the six yard box (one which hit the woodwork), & five more from inside the box from good locations. Rest were pretty poor though, you're right. Still, Man City dominated for the most part & it was a pretty cautious approach by Pep's standards. Shame a draw benefitted both sides.

But all of their (6) on target efforts were on the edge of the box or from further out.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszo...7/team-stats/43/0_SHOT_01#tabs-wrapper-anchor

If City could hit the target inside the box they'd have got it, but the same is true for Herrera at the other end.

Mou has done good work on the defensive side largely making teams try from distance. When you get the chance inside the box you absolutely have to take it.

Zasa

But all of their (6) on target efforts were on the edge of the box or from further out.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszo...7/team-stats/43/0_SHOT_01#tabs-wrapper-anchor

If City could hit the target inside the box they'd have got it, but the same is true for Herrera at the other end.

Mou has done good work on the defensive side largely making teams try from distance. When you get the chance inside the box you absolutely have to take it.
Fair enough, Herrera did get Man U's sole shot on target from that set piece. But Agüero hitting the post from inside the six yard box doesn't fall into Opta's definition of a shot on target either by the way.

Mou definitely has done a good job defensively, always has. The match vs Liverpool last October was a masterclass defensive performance.. Mou's low-blocks are always well drilled.

Tosyn_88

A £300m side putting 10 men behind the ball for 90 mins to get a 0-0 is a masterclass? Lol.

I suppose from a neutral point of view, it does look that way.
But here's the thing, the team literally plays 3 games every week till the season ends. We injury list has piled up big time and the last thing we needed was to lose more players to fatigue related injuries. We didn't need to beat City at all because it still works in out favour, we have European fish to fry so our priorities loom larger than a Derby.
Only people who will bitch about the result are City fans and Liverpool.
If you were paying attention to the news, there was many reports about this month being horrible for United so it's no surprise at all.

A £300m side putting 10 men behind the ball for 90 mins to get a 0-0 is a masterclass? Lol.

Regardless of the cost it was quality defending with much of the better creative play from City being cut out by anticipatory play especially from Bailly who made so many important interceptions (I wish he came to City we desperately need a player like that). Like always Mourinho's plan was not to lose and he did that by preventing City from playing wide by doubling up on the corners and preventing City from playing inside the box by having a very well drilled backline that rarely made mistakes and forced them to play in front, the midfield of United's was very poor but that didn't really matter especially as Felaini was their creative output so he played to their strength and minimised City's strengths. Annoyingly as a City fan where we were forced to play is perfect shot territory for Toure, Fernandinho and Kolarov and that never really happened.

Sciel

Apparently Fosu-Mensah also got injured (dislocated shoulder) with the last kick of this game.

You couldn't make this up, its like Utd are cursed with injuries,

Pachimari

Seems like we want a quick deal on David De Gea, and that Manchester and Real are talking about a €70 million transfer. It's all just rumors for now, and I don't believe any of it one bit. I do think we are interested, and trying to target the Spanish goalkeeper. I hope we could maybe swap James into the deal.

Also, Isco will extend his contract to 2022 when the season's finished.

xfaPWzz.jpg

ElyrionX

I can't believe we invited so much pressure and still managed to draw the game. Was really hoping for a win but all things considered, this was a decent outcome. Top 4 is still within sight.

Pachimari

The new Philippine football league is kicking off on May 6. This is gonna be very interesting. I thought Green Archers would be part of the new league but apparently not, so I'll give my support to Ilocos United FC.

blnhbfk.jpg

Top Bottom