• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Pachimari

If we pay 70M for De Gea I am going to start punching walls
I wouldn't mind the €70 million for De Gea but it would be preferred if we could involve James in the deal. We need De Gea for our team, and he is the national Spanish goalkeeper.

I honestly think this is the most important position for us to strengthen so I would pay a premium for that.

Tosyn_88

I wouldn't mind the €70 million for De Gea but it would be preferred if we could involve James in the deal. We need De Gea for our team, and he is the national Spanish goalkeeper.

I honestly think this is the most important position for us to strengthen so I would pay a premium for that.

Why is real obsessed with romantic transfers? It still baffles me how everyone seems to have this idea propagated to them, even the players. For example James probably doesn't want to leave Madrid, which reminds of sneidjer when he was at Madrid too. Is there some kind of drink that's available there that's intoxicating??
With regards to the deal, I think Madrid should go for the Chelsea keeper instead because even though David's gf is being a spoilt brat about the city, he's still one of our most invaluable squad member. To sell him would be crazy, especially at this point where we are looking to build. That's like selling CR7 for you, why would we do that? N we aren't in need of money either. Our defence has improved but we need to add more strength not lose it.

Pachimari

Why is real obsessed with romantic transfers? It still baffles me how everyone seems to have this idea propagated to them, even the players. For example James probably doesn't want to leave Madrid, which reminds of sneidjer when he was at Madrid too. Is there some kind of drink that's available there that's intoxicating??
With regards to the deal, I think Madrid should go for the Chelsea keeper instead because even though David's gf is being a spoilt brat about the city, he's still one of our most invaluable squad member. To sell him would be crazy, especially at this point where we are looking to build. That's like selling CR7 for you, why would we do that? N we aren't in need of money either. Our defence has improved but we need to add more strength not lose it.

Honestly, we just need a better goalkeeper, as we don't have one who can be reliable throughout the season. And I went with the ones that the media is going with, which is currently De Gea. Of course Courtouis is another option, but he loves it at Chelsea and I'm pretty sure he would do anything to stay at that club. De Gea is another case. He's Spanish, yes loves Manchester United I have no doubt, but I can imagine him wanting to be in goal for one of the biggest clubs in his home country.

Who knows, maybe Keylor Navas can revive himeself at Manchester United too. And who knows if James wants to leave. He isn't getting the minutes he wants in Real Madrid, and his attitude has been very questionable outside the pitch. He will for sure be gone as Isco is gonna extend his contract. We do not have the luxury of keeping both of them in our squad.

jbtUYvC.jpg

Latest rumors (we can't talk about anything but rumors really), says he has asked Manchester to accept an offer from our club. I am sure he would want to play for Real Madrid, and remember, he was so close to a transfer back in 2015. Only Jose Mourinho can stop this transfer from happening. The questionable thing is his wage. He currently gets €12 million at Manchester, and I'm wondering if he would lower his wage considerably for such a move to happen.

Sciel

I think a deal would definitely involve some Real players. However, i doubt that the player will be James. Just doesn't seem a right fit with Mourinho.

Pachimari

I think a deal would definitely involve some Real players. However, i doubt that the player will be James. Just doesn't seem a right fit with Mourinho.

The highest possibility would probably be Keylor Navas, like we tried two years ago. I think Mourinho wouldn't mind him.

Tosyn_88

Honestly, we just need a better goalkeeper, as we don't have one who can be reliable throughout the season. And I went with the ones that the media is going with, which is currently De Gea. Of course Courtouis is another option, but he loves it at Chelsea and I'm pretty sure he would do anything to stay at that club. De Gea is another case. He's Spanish, yes loves Manchester United I have no doubt, but I can imagine him wanting to be in goal for one of the biggest clubs in his home country.

Who knows, maybe Keylor Navas can revive himeself at Manchester United too. And who knows if James wants to leave. He isn't getting the minutes he wants in Real Madrid, and his attitude has been very questionable outside the pitch. He will for sure be gone as Isco is gonna extend his contract. We do not have the luxury of keeping both of them in our squad.

Latest rumors (we can't talk about anything but rumors really), says he has asked Manchester to accept an offer from our club. I am sure he would want to play for Real Madrid, and remember, he was so close to a transfer back in 2015. Only Jose Mourinho can stop this transfer from happening. The questionable thing is his wage. He currently gets €12 million at Manchester, and I'm wondering if he would lower his wage considerably for such a move to happen.

I don't deny that there's an attraction to Madrid. But from what I'm saying, why would Manchester sell one of their most important players?? Keep in mind how hard the competitors in the EPL have become. Why would they want to weaken their defense?? What compelling reason has Madrid given them to want to do that?
The issue initially boils down to David's gf who seem to want to relocate her future husband to Madrid. Perhaps she wants to start a family and Manchester doesn't suit her taste. David himself doesn't really care but rather seem to have responded to what his lady wanted, which is why he wasn't bothered renewing his deal. The lady will either eventually settle with the idea of being in Manchester for the time being or move on with what they have.
I think Madrid should spread their options wide because I'm sure there's plenty of goalkeepers out there who can do well for Madrid. The romantic narrative with David seem more like an ego trip rather than actually solving a problem. I mean, why does it have to be specifically David??
You mention about swapping players but why would Manchester take a player not seen as good enough for Madrid?? You swap a weaker goalkeeper for a stronger one, how does that benefit Manchester?
I suspect Perez seem personally keen on David for perhaps political reasons and if that's the case, he will have to slice his arm to appease Manchester into accepting any offer and that would include more than one player otherwise I can't picture any deal involving pure cash or Navas being one Jose or Manchester will accept

DKehoe

It seems very unlikely but if Utd could somehow get Varane as part of the deal that would be great. Mourinho is a big fan of his and him and Bailly could be a great CB partnership for years to come. Highly doubt that Real Madrid would want to let him go though.

It would be a shame to lose De Gea but the saga with Real Madrid makes it seem inevitable. If they could really get 70 million for him then that would be crazy.

Pachimari

If the player himself asks for a transfer, and starts revolting, then of course no club would want to keep a player like that, they would rather sell. And you also talk about his girlfriend wanting to settle down in Madrid which is another factor. Of course there are other goalkeepers out there, but there's no question that there is a possibility with David, with him being Spanish and his girl wanting to go to Madrid. That's a legit option.

There's Courtouis who we won't be able to lure away from Chelsea. He loves the club like it was his childhood one, and then there's Donnarumma but he's the same and I doubt we would go for an 18-year old goalkeeper.

Who's left then, who can replace Keylor Navas, and that can also satisfy the fans?

Florentino Perez has a presidential campaign coming up this very Summer, and he will make sure that nobody runs against him, and so he has to get a "big name", yes, also for political reasons, but De Gea turns out to also be a very good addition on the field.

I don't know why Manchester would let go of such a player, other than the player wanting out, and starting to make that clear as the transfer window goes on. And on top of that, if you get an attractive price, that could play a factor too.

This is not some romantic quest that to make it out to be. This is simply a club looking for a better goalkeeper, and we happen to have layed our eyes on David De Gea, and probably a few other goalkeepers as well if this one should fail.

It seems very unlikely but if Utd could somehow get Varane as part of the deal that would be great. Mourinho is a big fan of his and him and Bailly could be a great CB partnership for years to come. Highly doubt that Real Madrid would want to let him go though.
There is no chance of Raphael Varane leaving. He is single-handedly Zinedine Zidane's boy; he's the one who did everything to bring him to the club. Varane will stay, especially as Pepe is leaving on a free. And we are probably looking to add a CB, rather than selling yet another one.

Tosyn_88

It would be a shame to lose De Gea but the saga with Real Madrid makes it seem inevitable. If they could really get 70 million for him then that would be crazy.

70million which Everton are demanding for Lukaku?? It's not even close to anything worth note in today's market. I think there's a view here that presumes David will force a move which isn't true, it's his lady that wants the move desperately not David. It's all relative to how much Madrid wants him also. Look at the competition that exist in the EPL for United. Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal and now we have Spurs and Everton trying to get in there. Manchester would be incredibly stupid to sell any of the vital player at all.

When a player demands a transfer, you tell them to sit the fuck down and do their job. They'll get over it by the end of the season.

It works in FM anyway.

And I'm starting to sweat a little bit about this summer. I'm confident we'll hold on to win the league and the FA Cup seems likely as well but if Conte leaves we could be back to square one.

Pachimari

70million which Everton are demanding for Lukaku?? It's not even close to anything worth note in today's market. I think there's a view here that presumes David will force a move which isn't true, it's his lady that wants the move desperately not David. It's all relative to how much Madrid wants him also. Look at the competition that exist in the EPL for United. Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal and now we have Spurs and Everton trying to get in there. Manchester would be incredibly stupid to sell any of the vital player at all.
The thing is, if his girlfriend really wants to move to Madrid, of course David is going to listen, and make a choice that benefits both of them, and not just himself. His girlfriend being so hell-bent on moving to Spain, could honestly play a factor. Not that I am counting on it, but if my girlfriend wanted to move, I would definitely listen to what she had to say. And he's been in Madrid before, he knows the city, likes it there (I have no doubt he likes Manchester too), and playing for a club in his own country must also be attractive.

casiopao

70 mil for a keeper is going to break Buffon record lol.^^ And that will kill me as Juventus fans as if we wanted to get Donnaruma, that sly fox Mino Raiola is going to ask us to break the record once more.T_T

Please don't break the record first Real Madrid.T_T

Edit: Wait, James had questionable attitude outside of the pitch? May i ask what did he do there?

Tosyn_88

The thing is, if his girlfriend really wants to move to Madrid, of course David is going to listen, and make a choice that benefits both of them, and not just himself. His girlfriend being so hell-bent on moving to Spain, could honestly play a factor. Not that I am counting on it, but if my girlfriend wanted to move, I would definitely listen to what she had to say. And he's been in Madrid before, he knows the city, likes it there (I have no doubt he likes Manchester too), and playing for a club in his own country must also be attractive.

Of course, he does listen to his lady but there's only so much listening he can do. He won't force his way out, all he can do is tell the board to listen to offers. The previous window, he did similarly, indicate that he's interested but he never forced the boards hand at all. I think this time around, he would be more cautious because he doesn't want to be seen making a fuss so he will probably tell Madrid to stick their neck out if they really really want him. It's not his job to buy himself, that's Madrid job. If Madrid aren't willing to make Manchester an unrealistic offer, this deal won't happen. The stakes for making such a sale is just too high, especially in an inflated market like this one. Unless Manchester can gaunrantee a new goalkeeper who can do close to what David does, they won't be comfortable with selling at all because if they sell, even for high fee, every team will know they need a replacement and they will say, we want huge fee too. Goalkeepers aren't an easy position to replace as you think because the new guy has to bond with his defenders and he has to gain command of his box, it doesn't happen overnight.
Manchester is also one of the biggest commercial sports brand in the world so money isn't even a discussion, 70 million?? What value does that do to a club that's planning to pay 100 million for Griezman. Most clubs aren't tempted by money as much these days. The EPL money is also huge, it's the reason why Everton, Spurs can hold unto their players now so unlike Madrid and Barcelona who can walk into athletico or Valencia to sign players, Manchester cannot do the same unless we overpay. So what value does 70 million bring us?? This deal is a lot more difficult than you are probably thinking and the Spanish papers are jus rolling their propaganda machine as they always did, it's not as straightforward as you think

Sciel

The highest possibility would probably be Keylor Navas, like we tried two years ago. I think Mourinho wouldn't mind him.
I don't think Mourinho will ask for Navas either.
The last thing he would want is a Claudio Bravo situation at United. If Madrid want him this summer (which is likely since Perez would desperately want a new showpiece for his election campaign), I can only see one of two things happening:

1. Madrid offer some player(s) that United actually want/would find irresistible. You mention James/Navas, but these are players that are just players that are out of favor/are planning to be flogged by Madrid.

2. Straight up match United's evaluation of him, whatever it is.

Tosyn_88

70 mil for a keeper is going to break Buffon record lol.^^ And that will kill me as Juventus fans as if we wanted to get Donnaruma, that sly fox Mino Raiola is going to ask us to break the record once more.T_T

Please don't break the record first Real Madrid.T_T

Edit: Wait, James had questionable attitude outside of the pitch? May i ask what did he do there?

I think transfer market has lost value these days. 70 million for a goalkeeper is insane but from where Manchester stands, even 70 million isn't even value for David. Madrid can go sign someone else for that price because the best deal for us is to keep David.

Pachimari

Of course, he does listen to his lady but there's only so much listening he can do. He won't force his way out, all he can do is tell the board to listen to offers. The previous window, he did similarly, indicate that he's interested but he never forced the boards hand at all. I think this time around, he would be more cautious because he doesn't want to be seen making a fuss so he will probably tell Madrid to stick their neck out if they really really want him. It's not his job to buy himself, that's Madrid job. If Madrid aren't willing to make Manchester an unrealistic offer, this deal won't happen. The stakes for making such a sale is just too high, especially in an inflated market like this one. Unless Manchester can gaunrantee a new goalkeeper who can do close to what David does, they won't be comfortable with selling at all because if they sell, even for high fee, every team will know they need a replacement and they will say, we want huge fee too. Goalkeepers aren't an easy position to replace as you think because the new guy has to bond with his defenders and he has to gain command of his box, it doesn't happen overnight.
Manchester is also one of the biggest commercial sports brand in the world so money isn't even a discussion, 70 million?? What value does that do to a club that's planning to pay 100 million for Griezman. Most clubs aren't tempted by money as much these days. The EPL money is also huge, it's the reason why Everton, Spurs can hold unto their players now so unlike Madrid and Barcelona who can walk into athletico or Valencia to sign players, Manchester cannot do the same unless we overpay. So what value does 70 million bring us?? This deal is a lot more difficult than you are probably thinking and the Spanish papers are jus rolling their propaganda machine as they always did, it's not as straightforward as you think

I never said the goalkeeper position was an easy position to replace. In fact, I said the opposite by stating there aren't many options out there for Madrid. We basically have Dea Gea, Courthouis and Donnarumma as possible options. There's no point in swapping Keylor Navas for Lloris, and Keylor haven't been the same since his surgery. We need a replacement and it's the most important position for us to do something about come this Summer. And with the presidential campaign coming up, I could see us splashing more than usual. You keep telling me I think this is a straight-forward and easy deal. It's far from an easy one, and we won't have it easy. All I'm saying is, that we need another goalkeeper, and right now, De Gea seem to be a more realistic option than both Courtouis and Donnarumma.

We also won't do a hostile move, as Florentino is all about keeping good relations with other clubs. So there will definitely be a lot of talk between our clubs this Summer. If a transfer happens, I don't know. But any transfer we are going for will be very difficult.

casiopao

I think transfer market has lost value these days. 70 million for a goalkeeper is insane but from where Manchester stands, even 70 million isn't even value for David. Madrid can go sign someone else for that price because the best deal for us is to keep David.

It may had lost some its value but i don't think it is not important here. Breaking a transfer record is always a huge marketing for both team involved.

See Juventus breaking the record for Pogba lead to more people watching Juventus this year. And considering we are talking about Mino Raiola. He would do everything he could to press the money out of the team targeting his assets.

Juventus had always wanted to keep hold of Azzuri main keeper and currently Donnaruma is our biggest target. However if the price keep rising every year, i believe we would probably leave him and target more unknown talented keeper like Alex Meret here.

When a player demands a transfer, you tell them to sit the fuck down and do their job. They'll get over it by the end of the season.

It works in FM anyway.

And I'm starting to sweat a little bit about this summer. I'm confident we'll hold on to win the league and the FA Cup seems likely as well but if Conte leaves we could be back to square one.

Why would Conte leave so soon?

Tosyn_88

I never said the goalkeeper position was an easy position to replace. In fact, I said the opposite by stating there aren't many options out there for Madrid. We basically have Dea Gea, Courthouis and Donnarumma as possible options. There's no point in swapping Keylor Navas for Lloris, and Keylor haven't been the same since his surgery. We need a replacement and it's the most important position for us to do something about come this Summer. And with the presidential campaign coming up, I could see us splashing more than usual. You keep telling me I think this is a straight-forward and easy deal. It's far from an easy one, and we won't have it easy. All I'm saying is, that we need another goalkeeper, and right now, De Gea seem to be a more realistic option than both Courtouis and Donnarumma.

We also won't do a hostile move, as Florentino is all about keeping good relations with other clubs. So there will definitely be a lot of talk between our clubs this Summer. If a transfer happens, I don't know. But any transfer we are going for will be very difficult.

Of course there will be talks, there is always talks between clubs. What I can see happening is that, Manchester will ask for a major player from Madrid in return, especially one that Jose really wants. I don't know who that would be but it won't be a fringe player or if it is, it will be a fringe player or players that are highly rated. Someone already mentioned that Jose doesn't want players like James which I can agree with. Martial who was our shinning light the previous season hasn't had it easy with Jose because he won't do defensive work so then you have James, Jose most likely doesn't want that kind of player. I have heard Morata being mentioned, I can see that being possible but the player seem to want to go Chelsea so unless he's convinced by Madrid to go Manchester, that's a lost option. In a nutshell, Manchester needs players, not money and Madrid will have to come up with players Manchester really wants to get this deal moving. It's definitely going to be a hard deal to do but it's possible if both clubs can find a common ground

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I don't see neither James wanting to go to United nor United wanting James. There is nothing good that can come up from this. He doesn't fit in their playing style and formation.

Pachimari

I can only see us offloading Morata if we have someone else lined up, and there's Mbappe but he's still quite young, and Dybala just extended. I'm pretty sure Morata want to fight in Madrid still, so I can't see him leaving already. He has been pretty successful here this season, he just needs more playing time from Zizou. I can't see James going to Manchester either, I could see him join Chelsea or someone else entirely, I really don't care where he ends up.

Jack cw

I don't see neither James wanting to go to United nor United wanting James. There is nothing good that can come up from this. He doesn't fit in their playing style and formation.
I wish united would take him. I'm afraid he'll land at Bayern then. We already had a Götze.

casiopao

Whats wrong with James here? I always remember him as a highly rated player there? Juventus had been linked to him like numerous time every Mercato lol.^^

Tosyn_88

I can only see us offloading Morata if we have someone else lined up, and there's Mbappe but he's still quite young, and Dybala just extended. I'm pretty sure Morata want to fight in Madrid still, so I can't see him leaving already. He has been pretty successful here this season, he just needs more playing time from Zizou. I can't see James going to Manchester either, I could see him join Chelsea or someone else entirely, I really don't care where he ends up.

That's the issue isn't it, everyone wants the best players which is understandable. Except in this case, Madrid has its sight on a very important player at a big club. There's no part of this deal where money is the main deciding force. What will Madrid throw at it, 100million??? Even if they went that crazy, Manchester won't be interested. It's not a case of making money or value here, it's more of a keeping a competitive team strong or stronger. Manchester won't even listen of Madrid threw 200 million at it. Only scenario I can see is either Madrid wait till David runs down his contract which is three years away or they come up with players Manchester really wants. Money won't do anything at all for this deal

Tosyn_88

It'd be interesting how utd do without de gea, he must have saved them so many points

Precisely why this deal won't happen unless Madrid cut off their own limb too. It's just too much of a loss for Manchester to let him leave. If it were in a position where we could manage to find a fill in, then maybe but you want to weaken Manchester, a team that's trying to build??? Like who d fuck does that?

Pachimari

Whats wrong with James here? I always remember him as a highly rated player there? Juventus had been linked to him like numerous time every Mercato lol.^^

It's not so much James being the problem (although his attitude has been questionable getting into trouble with police etc.), but that a player of James' class should have more playing time, and he won't get that in our squad because we are already well stocked on the position. We simply got one too many players for our midfield, and as Isco is extending his contract, we would look to ship off James.

DBT85

Ballache says De Gea hasn't asked to leave and its just the Spanish press doing their thing because he thinks United want to cash in to spend a ton this summer. He says he's been reliably informed that they will spend £300-400m which I cannot in any way believe.

Mou seems to be happy to let players go if they want to go, and seems to not beg a player to stay. But then he always gets good money for players.

Hope DeGea doesn't go and that if for any reason he does, it's for stupid bonkers money and with no player trade unless Mou really wants that player and the player actually wants to come in the first place.

Tosyn_88

Ballache says De Gea hasn't asked to leave and its just the Spanish press doing their thing because he thinks United want to cash in to spend a ton this summer. He says he's been reliably informed that they will spend £300-400m which I cannot in any way believe.

Mou seems to be happy to let players go if they want to go, and seems to not beg a player to stay. But then he always gets good money for players.

Hope DeGea doesn't go and that if for any reason he does, it's for stupid bonkers money and with no player trade unless Mou really wants that player and the player actually wants to come in the first place.

I think Jose has the right approach. There's no need to force a player to stay if they really want to go. The difference is that David doesn't really want to leave in the sense of desperation. He's not that kind of player but he will inform the board that he doesn't mind leaving if Madrid can sort a deal out. The ball really is in Madrid court. Manchester won't move, David won't move so Madrid has to do all the moving. Can they get Manchester to listen to what they want to say, they have to make their voices sweet enough

DBT85

Mou and Axel at the back this weekend.

The boss was asked about the possibility of resting the in-form Eric Bailly for Sunday's match and giving a run-out to promising young defender Axel Tuanzebe. Such is United's lack of central defenders at present, the manager joked he might even play himself!

"I am also training hard in the gym so I can be an option also – Mourinho and Tuanzebe against Swansea!

Syder

When people complain about English fans...

Dynamo Kiev fans wear KKK outfits, swastikas in ‘white frenzy' display intended for UEFA official
Dynamo Kiev fans took to wearing outfits of white supremacist group the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) and masks bearing swastikas to welcome a visiting UEFA inspector in their home match versus fierce rivals Shakhtar Donetsk on Friday.

giphy.gif

Dynamo ‘ultras' called for those attending the game to arrive at the club's Olimpiyskiy National Sports Complex stadium dressed in white – the colour of the club's home strip – calling the action ”white frenzy," Ria Novosti reported.

Some fans attended the match dressed in costumes similar to traditional KKK dress, characterized by white hoods with eyeholes and masks adorned with hand-drawn swastikas and pyrotechnics. Throughout the match, both sets of fans lit flares and threw them at fellow spectators. Ukrainian journalist Oleksii Bratushchak, writing for Ukrainska Pravda, reported that ultras planned the disorder after match organizers pleaded with supporters to refrain from instigating provocation or bringing pyrotechnics to the stadium due to the presence of a UEFA inspector.

The inspector was in attendance to survey the readiness of Olimpiyskiy to host the 2018 UEFA Champions League final, scheduled to take place at the venue next May.

BYTuaJiCQAAOqFH.jpg

Fans taking part in the action also wore white masks and some completely bandaged their faces.

C-KIdOYXsAAPbzX.jpg

It's not the first time Dynamo fans have been photographed in KKK clothing. In 2013, snaps emerged of them posing in KKK outfits with a Confederate flag in front of the Shakhtar team bus.

The Shakhtar squad at the time featured many black players.

More recently, Dynamo also hit the headlines when a group of their fans were filmed brutally attacking four black supporters in the stands during a home Champions League match with English Premier League side Chelsea in 2015. UEFA subsequently charged the club with racist behavior.

Dynamo have also been vocal in their support of Ukrainian international Roman Zozulya, who was denied a loan move to Spanish side Rayo Vallecano from parent club Real Betis after reports emerged of his alleged links to neo-Nazi movements in Ukraine.

Supporters were pictured with a banner saying ”Roma, we are with you" at an away match against FC Zorya Lugansk. Dynamo lost Saturday's game against Shakhtar 1-0, and remain 14 points behind the Ukrainian Premier League leaders in second spot.

Fuck these people, fuck the culture surrounding football on the continent, especially Eastern Europe, and fuck the Russian (and Qatari) World Cup.

Jarnet87

Maybe we lose De Gea maybe we don't, I hope it's all nonsense and he stays because any quality replacement will cost almost as much as we get for him lol.

Saw that Fosu Mensah is hurt now too. the lack of a January buy with Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger going out spread us thin in midfield even when healthy. Pogba likely to be back midweek vs Celta so Herrera and Carrick will have to start against Swansea, Rooney ahead of them.

Zasa

A £300m side putting 10 men behind the ball for 90 mins to get a 0-0 is a masterclass? Lol.
Well...yeah. The way Mou set-up his side, & staggered their lines were pretty effective in negating any effective gegenpress from Pool. Stopping a free-scoring & rampant Liverpool is no easy task, especially at Anfield. Pool's possession game was practically non-existent with little to no rythym since Mou finally decided to use a high-press (which he should've used vs Man City earlier in the season).

The man-to-man coverage also worked really well for most of the game & repeatedly caused turnovers in midfield. Breaking Pool's first phase of build-up frequently.

I remember hearing the same thing about Simeone early on that he just puts men behind the ball vs RM/Barca & calls it a day. Talk like that just takes away so little from the game, imo, & is a huge disservice to what's going on behind-the-scenes.

casiopao

Damn. We are held by lively Atlanta.T_T This is what i don't really liked facing a young underdog team here. Juventus often get complacent which lead us to lose two points.T_T

Caldara is playing super well closing any hole which don't allow Higuain to score any goal there.T_T

Hope this draw will be a good waking up call for all the player to go to Monaco prepared here as Monaco is going to be as hungry as this Atlanta now.T_T

Syder

Maybe we lose De Gea maybe we don't, I hope it's all nonsense and he stays because any quality replacement will cost almost as much as we get for him lol.
I don't think this is true. There are plenty of great keepers out there. De Gea's ability has just masked United's poor defence for a while, maybe they should focus on that in the Summer. Also, When Real didn't get De Gea, Navas stepped up and has been a more than competent No. 1.

DBT85

I don't think this is true. There are plenty of great keepers out there. De Gea's ability has just masked United's poor defence for a while, maybe they should focus on that in the Summer. Also, When Real didn't get De Gea, Navas stepped up and has been a more than competent No. 1.

De Gea earned his DeGod moniker under Gaal as he was saving us points regularly and was rightly voted player of the season. This season he's had a lot less to do, despite our back 4 being messed up with injuries.

United have the 4th best defensive record in the PL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1 combined.

He pulled Bailly out of nowhere, if he can do more like that then yay.

As for a keeper replacement, I think the only way he gets someone for anything like reasonable money is if its someone like Forster. If its any hot prospect from the continent we get bent over.

Pachimari

Keylor Navas was a fantastic goalkeeper last season. But ever since his injury he's lost it.

Why aren't any top clubs going for Kasper Schmeichel?

Top Bottom