• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

That team has no attacking or straight up we shut them down?

I dont see them play regularly.

Real Madrid played one of those games I hadn't seen them play, honestly, since the Mourinho days. This is honestly not the Madrid I know, but I'm happy with the result.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Atletico this year is also less deadly than Atletico from previous years. The fact that they couldn't keep the pace of Real and Barca in La Liga is a proof to that beyond the way they play.

Coffinhal

Can't wait to see that Mbappe-CR9 battle in the finale
kylian-mbappe-cristiano-ronaldo-2012_9gyq29d1shv4175kk1sg11n2g-1170x658.jpg

Dark Rider

Atletico Madrid biggest crime this season was the drama they made with Simeone that basically numbed the entire team. Their manager was on a cliff leaving which is a big hit to to the team moral and a big excuse for the lazy to not give the matches their all, after all the manager is leaving what can he do.

I hope Simeone remain as Atletico Madrid manager for a long while, they need stability and a good manager

RocknRola

So, in short, in just 3 games CR7 went from 2 goals to 10 goals this season in the CL. Said 8 goals were scored against Bayern and Atlético Madrid.

With todays goals he went to 103 goals in the CL and 400 goals total for Real Madrid.

No matter what people may think of him, these sort of numbers are just bloody ridiculous.

Zasa

Massacre of innocents?
I just can't remember the last game where Simeone offered so little on all fronts. Positionally they were poor, out-bullied everywhere (which rarely happens with Siemone). Lacked intensity all match, uncharacteristically sloppy in possession, & weren't creative at all.

Hindsight & all that, but defintely seems like the time for Simeone to find a challenge elsewhere & innovate. This whole season has been pretty sketchy.

Nerokis

People will call out Atletico's seeming ineffectiveness, but it was imposed on them. Probably Real Madrid's best game of the season.

Beefy

@SkyKaveh
Sky in Italy: Monaco have turned down £72m offer from Manchester United for Kylian Mbappé. They say Monaco want at least £100m

MrS

Banned
@SkyKaveh
Sky in Italy: Monaco have turned down £72m offer from Manchester United for Kylian Mbappé. They say Monaco want at least £100m
Real should go after Mbappe, not Hazard. Mbappe is a better finisher and a more selfish player unlike Hazard who squanders a lot of chances through indecisiveness.

Tosyn_88

@SkyKaveh

This is insane!!! The kid is still unproven despite what many people think. Playing in Monaco isn't the same as joining a big club, the expectations are different. If I were his parents, I'd tell Monaco to reject all offers for him, he needs to develop at his own pace.
Manchester has bigger problems to solve than signing a teenager

I could only watch until the first goal cause I had class right after 😭
Loved that we had a clean sheet and the Ronaldo hat trick...but how did the rest of the team play?

I could only watch until the first goal cause I had class right after 😭
Loved that we had a clean sheet and the Ronaldo hat trick...but how did the rest of the team play?

As I said before, but to reiterate, for me quite possibly the best Real Madrid game since the Mourinho days. It was a different game than for example against Bayern Munich and those 4-0, an harder one since it was a 1st leg, and the Bayern game was over after the 2-0.

Ronaldo was clutch in everything as if he had travelled back to 2012.

I like Atletico and hope one day, soon hopefully, they can win one.

Zasa

Really want to see a Monaco vs Real Madrid in the final now. Two of the top three attacks in Europe that play aggressive, high-intensity football. Could easily 4 goals in that match.

DKehoe

Kroos is indespensible. He's going nowhere.

Yeh, I don't see that one happening. He had the choice between Man Utd and Real Madrid when he left Bayern and chose Madrid. Working with Mourinho is probably more attractive than working with Moyes but I don't see that change alone being enough and I like you said Madrid won't want to let him go anyway.

This is insane!!! The kid is still unproven despite what many people think. Playing in Monaco isn't the same as joining a big club, the expectations are different. If I were his parents, I'd tell Monaco to reject all offers for him, he needs to develop at his own pace.
Manchester has bigger problems to solve than signing a teenager

I agree he should definitely stay at Monaco he will get loads of experience and is playing in a system that suits him perfectly.

If I remember correctly his actual value would be around 30 mill. Considering Monaco don't really need the money and that there would be big money suitors Monaco can ask for whatever they like and if somebody is stupid enough to pay what they are currently asking then they may as well take advantage.

Monaco is look to be getting raided this summer and its going to be hard for them to keep Fabiniho, Mendy, Lemar, and Silva as they have been linked with pretty much every club with money. Which I think would be a shame because I like how they have built their current squad, they have a big money owner and have decided against the big buys and instead developed youth.

Pachimari

Holy fuck me, I'm trying to watch Filipino football and the best I can get is somebody handholding his phone, recording the match on TV in 320p and a bit of lag.

Mother of god my eyes.

Pachimari

Ceres just won their match! So we got 2 Filipino teams in the ASEAN zonal semi finals of the AFC Cup.

Global (Philippines) vs Home United (Singapore)
Ceres (Philippines) vs JDT (Malaysia)

casiopao

Gianlucadi DiMarzio, who is where the story is coming from, says Utd are also looking to get Nainggolan, Kroos and/or Fabinho

Naingollan is not going to leave Roma when they are focusing on building the team for Europe with Monchi lol.

And. i am scared against Monaco here lol.T_T Damn. Hope Juventus will do well here.T_T

Icolin

Banned
Ceres just won their match! So we got 2 Filipino teams in the ASEAN zonal semi finals of the AFC Cup.

Global (Philippines) vs Home United (Singapore)
Ceres (Philippines) vs JDT (Malaysia)
Who do you think is going to win the AFC Champions League this year? My money's on Muangthong United or Guangzhou.

Pachimari

Just watch the Nigeria Premier League, the best league.
The Filipino league is pretty exciting at the moment since it's developing. And this is the first season of the league, so teams have been formed, players acquired and youth systems set up. The problem is that the Philippines is a basketball nation so the majority don't care about football.

Who do you think is going to win the AFC Champions League this year? My money's on Muangthong United or Guangzhou.
I have no idea. Never watched that tournament. And the Filipino teams aren't good enough to participate apparently. But yeah, I could imagine a Chinese team taking it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I didn't know that Monaco supporters have something against Juventus. Nice Italian chants there.

So far, Juventus in in control.

Top Bottom