• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That was a pretty obvious red. It was a very dangerous action. Like tackling with the studs up. Even if it's not intention it's fucking dangerous for the other player.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Oh great a screen cap of the image that makes it look awful, good job.

xIQjcUV.gif

Blackhead

Redarse
remember similar arguments when Nani got that red card against Real Madrid. Posters on the opposite sides this time lol. It's dangerous play even if no intent

MikeBison

You know what, stupid, rash comment in heat of the moment.

Cannot stand Moss though, literally always trying to grab the headlines and usually succeeds.

Just hope Ederson is alright.

Daffy Duck

Oh fuck off, you denied he got kicked in the face.

No I didn't, there is a clear difference between the term kicking someone in the face and what happened here.

Feel free to post your own.

I'm not watching the game so interested to see both sides presented.

Edit: Studs up never goes well.

Im saying a still image will make it look bad, there's simply nothing a still image will show to make it look any other way.

TeddyBoy

Mask has slipped off some of these Pool fans. My word.

Hope Ederson is okay. Looks potentially serious from the way he's left the field.

If this was any other team with that challenge it would be challenged.

Yeah Mane's foot was high and yes he hit the goalkeepers head, you don't see those as red cards in games when both players are trying to get the ball.

NHale

So if you break someone's leg but aren't looking that's cool?

Not looking at the opponent you touch isn't a Get Out Of Jail Free Card for fouls. Mané's leg had no business being so high and the ref deemed it dangerous. I guarantee this red won't be overturned.

That's a very weak argument.

Chelseas-English-defender-Gary-Cahill.jpg

Because if you break someone skull even without intent does it mean it's a red card also?

Makeda

A high boot close to someone is an automatic foul even if you don't make contact.

Yeah, but it doesn't need to be an automatic red. Could have been given a yellow given where the ball was and the circumstance of Mane running out to go one on one, plus not expecting Ederson to have been preemptively ran out far to clear.

The referee gave the keeper too much protection.

pbsapeer

Banned
Hmm. First didn't think it was a red. But on replays I kind of think the ref gave the right call. No intent from mané but it was a high boot and caught him in the face. I think it was the right call. It's a shame it's kind of ruined the game but that's not an excuse to keep him on the pitch. Did ederson get KO'd?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Well that's my bet out the window for sure now. Unless Bravo can be Bravo a few times in the second half.

Srs though yer man got kicked in the head and stretchered off, that's a red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom