• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

NHale

Nah, deploy our secret weapon, Rojo tackling

mPghtM7.jpg

125.gif

There is loads of space at the back in that PSG team. They can certainly be got at if their opponents have players with vision through the middle and wingers that can force the full backs and midfield to stick out wide, the hard part is stopping Neymar and Mbappe as they go wherever they like but defensively also a weakness because it forces the midfield to cover them and leaves Rabiot with a huge amount of work to do.

Celtic are shit though and Rabiot had an easy game because the Celtic wingers were only ever pushing one side at a time and had fuck all through the middle.

Labadal

Looking at what some of these teams did in the CL, and I think to myself: With the defenders we have, we'll get murdered.
Imagining Mess, Ronaldo, Neymar, etc, going against Klavan and Moreno makes me wanna laugh uncontrollably.

RocknRola

Man, that Juve defense looks lost. Watched the highlights and they consistently opened a whole lot of spaces when Barça attacked.

Man, that Juve defense looks lost. Watched the highlights and they consistently opened a whole lot of spaces when Barça attacked.

They defended well the first half until that Messi counter attack goal in the final minute. In the second half it was obvious they were trying to tie it up so they left a lot of spaces in the back.

casiopao

well,that went bad,we did play well in the first half but you can't do that much against this messi and with so many injuries,no drama,it will be a different game in turin.

Lucky i choose my sweet sleep yesterday lol. Bad feelings all around.

I heard that De Sciglio actually play really well and our defence is quite solid till his injury?

Bersi

Yeah, I didn't watch the full match but Juventus looked so easy to exploit.

I disagree,we were almost perfect in the first half,then messi does messi and you can't really do much against him when he'like this,as i said before,i'll be a completely different game in turin
Lucky i choose my sweet sleep yesterday lol. Bad feelings all around.

I heard that De Sciglio actually play really well and our defence is quite solid till his injury?
He did ok,but he also made a stupid pass that almost cost us a goal,you can see that he need to regain confidence,bentancur and matuidi also did well.

I disagree,we were almost perfect in the first half,then messi does messi and you can't really do much against him when he'like this,as i said before,i'll be a completely different game in turin

It seems that the problem is not the defenders, but the midfielders. Pjanic and Matuidi were so lazy (and slow) when it comes to following Messi. It's already known that Messi likes to do his 1-2 passes all the time and yet they just let him pass so many times easily like that. They also let Messi did a very wide open shot from outside the box which ended up hitting the post. It should've been more than 3-0.

miserable

Asensio is gonna miss tonight's game because he cut his leg when shaving it, and the wound got infected. say wat?

reminds me of Canizares missing a World Cup for something similar

casiopao

He did ok,but he also made a stupid pass that almost cost us a goal,you can see that he need to regain confidence,bentancur and matuidi also did well.

I don't see the problem with some mistake by De Sciglio there as this is literally his first game for us this season and Mad Max is throwing him into UCL match vs Barcelona lol. At least he perform much much better vs Sturaro thats one.^_^ And if he keep improving, i can see him regaining his previous form.^^

It seems that the problem is not the defenders, but the midfielders. Pjanic and Matuidi were so lazy (and slow) when it comes to following Messi. It's already known that Messi likes to do his 1-2 passes all the time and yet they just let him pass so many times easily like that. They also let Messi did a very wide open shot from outside the box which ended up hitting the post. It should've been more than 3-0.

I would said, Pjanic have actually improved a lot compared to last year lol. When in Roma, he always had Naingolan to defend him while he concentrate on beating its foes while in Juventus, he need to do both of those. THere is a reason why he always looks gassed after half game lol.

MikeBison

Looks like he gets the ball. Fair challenge. Doesn't matter if the other guy ends up in 3 different parts.

Reference to my comment about that tackle yesterday but clearly very different. The Basel kiddie was along the floor, not two footed going in with studs.

acohrs

was watching tv3 when Souness was delivering a scathing criticism of Pogba, made me chuckle. Other commentators were quiet

MikeBison

I'm ready for the Karius masterclass. Expert at making a goal kick a terrifying ordeal.

In a game (Arsenal 4-0) where every player on the pitch was a 10/10, and he legitimacy didn't face a single shot on his goal, he still managed to pull a 3/10 performance.

How do you get closed down as a keeper 3 fucking times in 45 mins.

Makes me miss Mignolet's silky Cruyff turns.

The criticisms of Pogba are a joke. Sure he might not have lived up to the figure United payed but what players do live up to those ridiculous expectations.

Garth Cook: "I want to talk about Pogbas hair...". Why? What relevance does that have to do with anything. Its not like he is spending hours cutting it himself.

I remember watching a 3pm City game last year and Lee Dixon said something along the lines of "David Silva is one of the best players in the Premier League but I wish he would get his hair cut as it would make him a better player". Fucking pundits.

aww that sucks. how old is the demo? it's usually the same one they've been touring since E3. I don't even download them because they're never the same as the game.

Played 4 matches yesterday and was impressed. The slower pace is very welcome, and you feel a lot more in control of headers (as in the duel for the balls on crosses as much as where it actually goes if you so hit it). Passing also feels like you gotta be more precise and overall I think the demo is pretty damn good.

But as you say, the full game always end up being very different, and usually for the worse somehow lol

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
aww that sucks. how old is the demo? it's usually the same one they've been touring since E3. I don't even download them because they're never the same as the game.
Thing is usually the demo is better than the full game

Not a great sign

If you get FIFA over PES this year then you need to rethink your priorities in life.

Nah. It's none of them or fifa for me. I'm only interested in clubs mode which PES still can't bother offering (and don't give me any of that 3v3 bullshit).

Fucking hell. Football fans (many of them) are sexist piece of shits still

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nd-women-mens-youth-teams-womens-super-league

Good article showing how scummy clubs are treating Womens football and then I read the comments. Even on the Guardian where, I thought, many of the members are level headed, turend to be assholes.

Fucking hell

Seems like a rare actually very logical decisions Sunderland. Why should a team struggling as much as them, not do this? They are after all averaging 710 attendances.

Top Bottom