• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

Bubble

Neo Member
Man Utd Starting XI: De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Jones, Darmian, Matic, Pogba, Herrera, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Lukaku

I thought Martial would start, since he was rested during the international break and Rashford was not.Hopefully Martial will be substituted on, so he can run against tired legs. Also great to see Herrera starting. Seems like a game that might suit his skills.

If Leicester had gotten it there, I might have had a semi melt down... after the two obvious hand balls and the chances Chelsea should have finished off.

NHale

looks like good results for all the top sides today so gonna be so annoyed if we drop points to a rubbish stoke side

giphy.gif

Err, he pushed to leave, was close to doing it too, sulks all the time

Need I go on? Did the same as RvP and Cesc, only difference is he'll leave for free next year
He wanted to leave, so what, wasn't the same as RVP and Fabregas at all. He's still an Arsenal player and doesn't seem like the type to really kick up a fuss about not getting his move. Man loves to play football.

Pachimari

Whoa new thread!

Karim Benzema is out for 4-6 weeks. What a bummer.

Today's is an even bigger bummer.

Me, missing the match because it was so unexpectedly early was the biggest bummer.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
He wanted to leave, so what, wasn't the same as RVP and Fabregas at all. He's still an Arsenal player and doesn't seem like the type to really kick up a fuss about not getting his move. Man loves to play football.

It's exactly the same, only difference is he's stuck here

He'll agree a pre contract in January and be gone next season. Fuck him.

Jack cw

Müller is the weirdest player to me. Physically he is very unimpressive. Not fast, not strong and not big. And skills wise there is nothing at which he is special either and yet the guy always manages to score and shit.

I knew that guy. That was in 2014.

slider

It's exactly the same, only difference is he's stuck here

He'll agree a pre contract in January and be gone next season. Fuck him.

Fundamentally the issue is he doesn't wanna stay at a team where it seems, (and a large(?) proportion of fans agree) , he's not gonna win the league / CL.

Personally I think he's very talented. Too talented to be an also ran.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Yes they were happy until they realized that they don't have any proper substitutes and that the club should have expended money or not have let Morata or Mariano go.

Real really lost a lot of depth from the squad this summer. Plus Bale can't get back in shape.

Remember their B team last year? With James, Isco and Morata? That was nowhere there today.

That Everton game was a hard watch second half (couldn't get a stream for 1st). Yeah right now we don't look competitive against the top sides, which is kinda a shame when we're playing most of them lol. I don't know what can change in time for Manchester United away next week, certainly the starting XI can't be kept with but will we play just as insipid and defensive as at Stamford Bridge?

I'm not going to slaughter the players or Koeman because Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester City are great teams but they need a plan to get the best out of Siggurdson in particular ASAP. Rooney/Sandro/Klaasen/Calvert-Lewin just end up running around like headless chickens.

NHale

That could have easily been a yellow card for Pogba.

Phil Jones vs Jese is going to be interesting to say the least...

Pachimari

Real Madrid fans would be so happy then.^_^

Eh, I ain't happy at all. Those who criticize Benzema in here just like to throw a fit.

Real really lost a lot of depth from the squad this summer. Plus Bale can't get back in shape.

Remember their B team last year? With James, Isco and Morata? That was nowhere there today.
Oh man don't tell me you are one of those saying we needed a James or a Morata today. Shit, that reminds me of a tweet today. We got plenty of depth. Although I do give you, now that Benz is out, that we look thin up front.

Guess it's Mayoral's time to shine :shrug:

Top Bottom