• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

THIS CLUB WILL BE THE FUCKING END OF ME.

Jesus christ we were fucking terrible today. No fucking brains to kill a game off. BUT I'LL TAKE IT!

The curse of the Ox is over.

Garjon

Thank christ for that. Shouldn't have even been close but the referee decided to liven things up. I hope to see him in a Championship game next weekend.

Whats this about?

The Lukaku song which references his 'big dick'.

It's a dumb chant but banning fans seems a bit severe, no?

Maybe it's because in Belgium there is still a team singing about killing Jews and making jungle sounds that this song seems like a less serious offence to me. But yeah it's in bad taste and racist.

Sane_Man

It's a dumb chant but taking punitive action for something like this? No wonder the atmosphere in English stadiums has been reduced to that of a sunday morning mass.

It's not dumb, it's racist and Lukaku asked them to stop. Fucking idiot fans.

CrayToes

It's a dumb chant but taking punitive action for something like this? No wonder the atmosphere in English stadiums has been reduced to that of a sunday morning mass.
Of course a Chelsea fan would think you need racist chants to have a good atmosphere.

Syder

It's sucks that United fans did that even after Lukaku himself came out telling them to stop
A dumb, racist chant.

VeeP

I wasn’t able to watch today’s Liverpool vs Lei game, but what was the difference in today’s performance (3-2) and the last time they played?

sammex

Yeah bring back the good old days of being able to sing about racial stereotypes. They got a warning, it's their own fault. You can still sing offensive songs about scousers though. Maybe it's that ticket prices have skyrocketed compared to wages that is killing atmospheres. Just a thought.

I wasn’t able to watch today’s Liverpool vs Lei game, but what was the difference in today’s performance (3-2) and the last time they played?

We actually scored some goals in the first half when dominating possession. The second half was almost just as shaky. The refereeing was worse.

MikeBison

Graham Poll as a refereeing expert. The most egotistical referee in existence. Stars in a fucking documentary about himself. Gives a player 3 yellow card in the World Cup. Shithouse.

Garjon

LOL after all that and City v Palace is still the first on Match of the Day, fucking why.

Don't even know why I'm arsed, I have no desire to sit through Alan Shearer's nonsensical, vapid drones tonight or ever.

Syder

Sucks that there's only one PL game tomorrow but I am looking forward to the Sheffield derby

Also, the Turin derby has just kicked off

Maybe it's that ticket prices have skyrocketed compared to wages that is killing atmospheres. Just a thought.

I'd argue stuff like this as well. Not sure how it is at other clubs.

0796f9bf83be441568e2c80871e5b563bf834b5d1c4248c771db723ac3c3924e_large

sammex

I'd argue stuff like this as well. Not sure how it is at other clubs.

That's part of it too. Hoping safe standing getting reintroduced can help with that. But young lads at the game tend to make more noise and fewer of the can afford to go regularly now and prices keep going up.

Top Bottom