• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Some fans need to relax lol... I think the biggest problem is he doesn't value Muller unfortunately, where his weird unorthodox style offers something special for Bayern. If he makes Coman the starting LW, Muller AM and figure out whether James or Robben is best for RW, he would be fine in my books despite the shitty start.

Coman looks to likely be the official LW starter and will start there tomorrow, that's why he didn't play last weekend. Thanks to Rib's hubris. He just needs to deliver at this point, a goal would do him wonders because he's actually a good finisher (if we base it off his first season). His play-making and final decision needs a lot of work.. but he's 21.

For Mueller unfortunately, he just doesn't seem to rate or know how to effectively use him. :S One thing Carlo's done very well is rotate this massive team between two games a week. His subs last game were trash, but I understand the complacency for that game.

Funny thing is that Muller really seemed to connect well with James in the game against Schalke 04. They really played well together there, swapping positions and all. Robben on the other hand is more often useful for Bayern than Muller is. I don't think that we got to see James yet playing from the start as a full AM instead of Muller, did we?

Funny thing is that Muller really seemed to connect well with James in the game against Schalke 04. They really played well together there, swapping positions and all. Robben on the other hand is more often useful for Bayern than Muller is. I don't think that we got to see James yet playing from the start as a full AM instead of Muller, did we?

James is best as an AM. It's clear, and why the move annoyed the fuck out of me (It was a Carlo signing, they went along real well when he coached Madrid, also James' only relevant years there lol). We know of Thomas' quality and it would make sense to get his confidence, which is usually always the biggest issue for an offensive player and develop rhythm vs top teams.

I suspect we see this tomorrow:
Lewy
Coman, James, Robben,
Thiago, likely Vidal

I know that there is one guy here who has a comical hate for Mueller, but this is the same player that scored 36 goals in a year before Carlo got to Munich.. as a second offensive option. It's just annoying since it's pretty vital for Bayern to sort his ass out and get him back in form. We sort that and clean up the D come second half of the season, and the team should be in good form. It's been disappointing that Carlo has not improved the defense of this team at all since joining. For a defensive minded coach, that's not a good look.

Jerry

Apeol vs Spurs later

I'm (slightly) worried, we have a few suspensions in Vertonghen and Dele, as well as key absences with Wanyama and Eriksen.

I'm expecting nothing less than a win tonight for pool. Always a treat seeing mane play and even more so when he hasn't been in the PL for a few weeks.

sammex

LFC starting XI v Spartak: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Coutinho, Salah, Mane, Firmino

LFC subs v Spartak: Mignolet, Klavan, Flanagan, Milner, Wijnaldum, Chamberlain, Sturridge

Same side that beat Bayern 4-0 in preseason...

LFC starting XI v Spartak: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Coutinho, Salah, Mane, Firmino

LFC subs v Spartak: Mignolet, Klavan, Flanagan, Milner, Wijnaldum, Chamberlain, Sturridge

Same side that beat Bayern 4-0 in preseason...

We aren't going 4-0 but that team looks good. But as always, pray for the back line 🙏🙏🙏

Lunar FC

That's my ideal line up other than swapping Karius for Migs.

Hoping for a good performance. Won't be able to watch so it will probably we a wild one.

MikeBison

Before I curse him to a shocker, will say I've been really impressed with Moreno lately. Much more mature performances. Also wins a strangely high amount of headers for a tinyman.

King_Moc

Banned
Exciting to see Coutinho, Mane, Firmino and Salah play together for the first time. Hope they gel well and get going early (they won't, will they?).

Mory Dunz

hate how fox uses their own commentators. I like how NBC does it.

I don't even dislike John Strong that much to be honest. But Wynalda and Friedel and Lalas....

sammex

Stealing.

Mind if I share this Hun? Xox

I'd be shocked if someone hadn't thought of that before so knock yourself out.

What a banner at Moscow.

DKq867FWsAIkoDt.jpg:large

No pressure like.

Beefy

Bruh, imagine you're black and gay and want to go to the World Cup.

Fuck. That.

White British dudes got slapped bad at the Euros. One from Pompey got beat up and then had achilles sliced so he couldn't get up. They then ran off and hid and waited for people to try and help him and then attacked them. That shit is scary.

As a black dude and being my height. I would get jumped on because Russian's would want to prove themselves.

I'll pass

MikeBison

White British dudes got slapped bad at the Euros. One from Pompey got beat up and then had achilles sliced so he couldn't get up. They then ran off and hid and waited for people to try and help him and then attacked them. That shit is scary.

As a black dude and being my height. I would get jumped on because Russian's would want to prove themselves.

I'll pass

That's organised savagery that makes me whince. A step above the old fashioned kick ins from our hooligans.

Top Bottom