• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor |OT| And shame are huge parts of it

Is there any way to tell if I have the gold edition on uplay? I bought it from GmG and as far as I can tell they gave me a standard edition key.

Kuno

This has probably been posted but look at this maniac taking on multiple opponents and making them just look silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8WjG-zuTBk

Bonus: tips for taking on multiple opponents:

1. Focus only on defense: blocking, parrying, and countering guard breaks. This should fill your Revenge meter pretty quickly.
  2. Activate Revenge as you're being attacked, as it auto-parries any attack and results in an auto-knockdown on your opponent.
  3. Use a heavy overhead attack to deal a huge chunk of damage to whoever you knocked down.
  4. Play cautiously and attack when you can until your revenge meter is out, then repeat.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I really want this. Loved it. Not sure if I should buy it considering the amount of games I have. But I LOVE 1v1 duels...

r3n4ud

This has probably been posted but look at this maniac taking on multiple opponents and making them just look silly.

1. Focus only on defense: blocking, parrying, and countering guard breaks. This should fill your Revenge meter pretty quickly.
  2. Activate Revenge as you're being attacked, as it auto-parries any attack and results in an auto-knockdown on your opponent.
  3. Use a heavy overhead attack to deal a huge chunk of damage to whoever you knocked down.
  4. Play cautiously and attack when you can until your revenge meter is out, then repeat.
Video not available :(

Thanks for the tips!

How does he change his block direction so fast? Does he use a controller?

When I use my mouth to register blocking left, right and up I feel its sluggish in its responsiveness. It seems like this player is able to block a lot of incoming attackers really effectively by changing block direction fast!

You can make your Warden a dude?

When I use my mouth to register blocking left, right and up I feel its sluggish in its responsiveness. It seems like this player is able to block a lot of incoming attackers really effectively by changing block direction fast!
I think I figured out the problem.

wuth

I think, after blocking a single attack, you automatically block additional attacks within a short time frame (half a second?).

Edit:
"Note about Blocking and Parrying multiple attackers:

This game has an external attacker system which simplifies the guard direction for enemies other than your lock-on target. You will still need to Block your lock-on target normally (top, left, right) but external attackers will simply need to be Blocked based on their relative position to you. (i.e. an external attacker standing on your left will need to be Blocked using your left guard, even if they use an attack that would normally require Blocking on the top or right side)

When you successfully Block, you briefly auto-Block in all directions. This can be seen in any gameplay footage, when a player Blocks all three guard directions briefly light up. Any attacks that connect during this time will also be Blocked. This mechanic is largely responsible for making defending against multiple near-simultaneous attacks possible. You must place your guard to Block the first attack that will hit you, the rest will be auto-Blocked if they follow closely after the first impact.

Attack-based Unblockables will still penetrate this auto-Block. While auto-Blocking you will also be unable to perform a Parry. If many attacks are coming at nearly the same time and one of them is an Unblockable, then in order to Parry the Unblockable attack you must Parry the first attack to hit you, even if that first attack is not an Unblockable. Your three guard indicators will light up but each will act as a Parry."

For more info check out this amazing guide:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571014-GUIDE-Fundamentals-of-Defense-in-For-Honor?p=12280059

Heartfyre

My physical copy tells me the servers are currently undergoing maintenance. Makes a change from not being available at all.

Artdayne

That guy is very good, his parries are on point that's really important especially when you have Revenge active.

99% sure you can change every class from male to female and vice versa. It's in the customization menu, next to the options to change colors and such.

Lawbringer - male
Shugoki - male
Valkyrie - female
Peacekeeper - female
Nobushi - female
Warlord - male

Are all gender locked. Every other class can be swapped and skin color is customizable on all characters.

Strakt

99% sure you can change every class from male to female and vice versa. It's in the customization menu, next to the options to change colors and such.

You can for most of em; but some are gender locked

Peacekeeper, Valkyrie and Nobushi are female locked
Shugoki, Lawbringer, Warlord are male locked

-Deimos

Arttemis

No, also, there is really a MP focused fighting game. If you're not interested in MP online battling I would skip this.

I doubt it. It probably has to do with that war effort thing where everything you do contributes to it in some way.

In other news, I got confirmation the game was shipped! Originally when I ordered it said delivery on thursday but I'm glad it'll be waiting for me when I get home tomorrow.

Fair enough. I don't mind multiplayer-focused games. This isn't Hitman, a completely single player game denying access to major content when offline.

I'm still in.

That doesn't inspire confidence. I hope that's balanced out a bit in time somehow.

Can I ask you how to utilize feints? I know how to perform them, but not how they're actually useful to me.

Theres 2 types of Feints for the Kensei. The first is the regular "hard" feint almost every character can do by pressing Circle(PS4) after pressing a heavy attack. Once you feint the heavy you can change stances and use another heavy, a light attack or guardbreak if close enough

The second type of feint, specific to the Kensei is his "soft" feint after starting the unblockable overhead. As soon as the unblockable starts up switch stances and press light attack or heavy attack, no circle this time. Using the heavy attack after the feint makes the attack uninterruptible, while use a light is faster with no uninterruptible properties.

Be careful when feinting the unblockable into side heavies though, a good player will see it and probably parry.

Here are your options once you start the unblockable attack:

1. Let it rip

2. "soft" feint the Unblockable into side heavy/side light

3. "soft" feint the Unblockable into side heavy/side light -> "hard" feint the side heavy to bait a parry or go into guardbreak(very stamina intensive)

4. "hard" feint the unblockable to bait an overhead parry or go into guardbreak if they try to side dash.

5. "hard" feint the unblockable and use a back or side dash/attack

There's a few more but these the options I generally use, and almost half of that list isnt necessary to beat medium skilled players. Kensei's gotta work hard to get their attacks in man, just be patient and condition your opponent when you get the opportunity.

hampig

Theres 2 types of Feints for the Kensei. The first is the regular "hard" feint almost every character can do by pressing Circle(PS4) after pressing a heavy attack. Once you feint the heavy you can change stances and use another heavy, a light attack or guardbreak if close enough

The second type of feint, specific to the Kensei is his "soft" feint after starting the unblockable overhead. As soon as the unblockable starts up switch stances and press light attack or heavy attack, no circle this time. Using the heavy attack after the feint makes the attack uninterruptible, while use a light is faster with no uninterruptible properties.

Be careful when feinting the unblockable into side heavies though, a good player will see it and probably parry.

Here are your options once you start the unblockable attack:

1. Let it rip

2. "soft" feint the Unblockable into side heavy/side light

3. "soft" feint the Unblockable into side heavy/side light -> "hard" feint the side heavy to bait a parry or go into guardbreak(very stamina intensive)

4. "hard" feint the unblockable to bait an overhead parry or go into guardbreak if they try to side dash.

5. "hard" feint the unblockable and use a back or side dash/attack

There's a few more but these the options I generally use, and almost half of that list isnt necessary to beat medium skilled players. Kensei's gotta work hard to get their attacks in man, just be patient and condition your opponent when you get the opportunity.

Awesome, thank you!

wamberz1

When he dodged those two side swings at 1:34 I gasped audibly. High level gameplay in this is soooooooo cool looking.

Artdayne

Hmmm

"The game servers will open on the 13th of February, 3pm EST, 8pm UTC.

PC players using Uplay will have access to the game on the 14th of February, 12am local time."

So what can people do at 3pm EST on the 13th if the game isn't available on Uplay until 12AM on the 14th? It seems the release time is very system and region specific so maybe one region will be playing at 3pm EST.

-Deimos

Hmmm

PC players using Uplay will have access to the game on the 14th of February, 12am local time."

So what can people do at 3pm EST on the 13th if the game isn't available on Uplay until 12AM on the 14th? It seems the release time is very system and region specific so maybe one region will be playing at 3pm EST.

Seems like console players will be able to play in little more than an hour, while PC will have to wait.

Ferrio

Banned
Hmmm

Wait, it unlocks on steam before Uplay?

edit: n/m, same time. Stupid timezones.

bigDave

from reddit

PRE-LOAD & CLIENT SIZE
Pre-load is now available on Xbox One and PC. Pre-load is also available for PlayStation 4 with the exception of Japan.

Pre-load will be available in Japan on the 14th of February, 0:00 Japan local time.

The client size is from 31.45 to 37.2 Gb, depending on your platform and your region.

If you purchased a digital version of the game, you should be able to download it from your digital store.

Retail (physical) versions for each platform will be available to play at the following times:

The game will be available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as soon as the servers open on Monday, February 13 at 8.01pm UTC.

Paris Time : 9:01pm CET on Monday, February 13.
Montreal Time: 3:01pm EST, on Monday, February 13.
San Francisco Time: 12:01pm PST on Monday, February 13.

Uplay PC will be available worldwide on 14th of February, 12am your local time

Oceania region: game servers will open at 7am AEDT/ 9.00 am NZDT on Tuesday,
February 14, we apologize for the short delay and any inconvenience caused.

Digital versions for each platform will be available to play at the following times:

In Europe, Africa and North, Central and South America:

The game will be accessible for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on the 14th of February, 12am your local time.

PC players using Uplay will have access to the game on the 14th of February, 12am your local time

Steam players will have access to the game on the 14th of February, 12am EST / 6am CET / 4pm AEDT / 6pm NZDT.

LETS GO BOYS
ZSTW3sz.png

hahaha that whole row of nobushi players.

Seems like console players will be able to play in little more than an hour, while PC will have to wait.
I wish someone would tell PSN that the servers are going live early...my preload still shows a 9pm pst unlock time. Still, good to know there won't be any delays due to the servers not actually being up until midday the 14th or something silly.

Arttemis

I wish someone would tell PSN that the servers are going live early...my preload still shows a 9pm pst unlock time. Still, good to know there won't be any delays due to the servers not actually being up until midday the 14th or something silly.

My PS4 copy says its unlocking at midnight eastern time. =/

Bestbuy.com was sold out so I went digital. I was hoping for a few-hours early unlock, too.

-Deimos

My PS4 copy says its unlocking at midnight eastern time. =/

Bestbuy.com was sold out so I went digital. I was hoping for a few-hours early unlock, too.
Physical versions still holding out in the all digital future.

Laiza

This is one of the few times I get to envy the console players. A few hours head start isn't worth crying about, though.

A shame I have a full work day tomorrow. I'd love to just sit down and play all day. Alas, money must be made...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm probably gonna bang out the campaign tonight/tomorrow... then hit the MP. I imagine campaign is probably 6 or 7 hours max.

Top Bottom