• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foreskin restoration, has GAF heard of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I was circumcised as a baby for religious reasons. It didn't turn out so great as my dick healed with a skin bridge NSFW. It actually was nearly identical to the one shown on that wiki link. I was always self conscious about it, so one day I decided enough was enough. The summer after 7th grade I took a pair of scissors and cut the bridge! I cut it flush with the head of my penis. To my surprise, it didn't hurt one bit. It just bled. A few hours later, I cut the end that was still on my shaft. It didn't hurt either. Through some sort of miracle, everything healed up perfectly, and it looks like nothing was ever wrong.

cYshdgC.gif

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Funny story (and kind of gross, be warned).

I was circumcised as a baby for religious reasons. It didn't turn out so great as my dick healed with a skin bridge NSFW. It actually was nearly identical to the one shown on that wiki link. I was always self conscious about it, so one day I decided enough was enough. The summer after 7th grade I took a pair of scissors and cut the bridge! I cut it flush with the head of my penis. To my surprise, it didn't hurt one bit. It just bled. A few hours later, I cut the end that was still on my shaft. It didn't hurt either. Through some sort of miracle, everything healed up perfectly, and it looks like nothing was ever wrong.

So I'm definitely not circumsizing my boy, if I have one. And I hope anyone reading this never circumcises their child, either.

Oh my

orochi91

So I'm definitely not circumsizing my boy, if I have one. And I hope anyone reading this never circumcises their child, either.

Dayum!

So much could have gone wrong, but it didn't!

Thank which ever god you prescribe to bro, you got seriously lucky.

You're my hero.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
"So my poor wife was buying artificial lubricant by the gallon,"

Huh.

I knew getting back in the "dating game" would be a challenge after being out of it for over 5 years. When I was released from Joliet, I had to learn all the new things "the dating crowd" was trying. I knew about scented candles and Luther Vandross CDs, and sure was glad to hear people still use them. But I had no idea that "lube" was so popular with the "romantics" out there. All it took was one stroll through the Walgreens personal hygiene aisle to prove I had to learn a new thing.

"Where to start?", I wondered. I wanted something simple. However, all I saw in the stores were lubricants that were flavored with cinnamon and paprika, or designed to somehow "heat" your private parts. No way, Jose! (I experienced the "heat" thing personally once after an adventurous incident with a toaster. I'll stick with "room temperature" from now on, thank you very much.)

Luckily, I found a plain, old-fashioned lubricant that would not make me smell like a dessert topping. And it came in this HUGE tub! No more awkward late-night Walgreens runs for me, once I could get my hands on this lubricant bin. Now, I admit the price tag was kinda hefty. But after selling the ol' Pontiac Sunfire and borrowing some cash from Aunt Gladys, I was "ready to place my order."

The product only took a week to arrive, and got to my apartment just in time for my first real "date" since the gas station incident. You can bet I was nervous for this one. When I got off the bus to meet Carla in front of the Chili's, I just about had a heart attack! The only thing keeping me calm was knowing that I could not possibly run out of lube that night. I gave Carla a reassuring nod and smile, as if to say "Don't worry, Carla, I have plenty of lubricant for later."

The dinner was great, and after knocking back a couple Mojo Mango Margaritas, we were ready to head back to my apartment. I winked and told Carla, "Let's SLIP on out of here," to see if she understood the lubricant lingo. I think she did. Throughout the bus ride back, I grinned and hummed Luther Vandross tunes to set the mood.

When we got to my place, I already had a candle burning. It was by "Glade", which I think you pronounce like the singer Sade, because it is an exotic candle that smells just like real pine. After we got comfortable, I asked Carla if she could help me with the lube. She looked at me weird, and I couldn't tell if it was because she thought it was "too soon" or because I was pushing a mechanical lift to get the drum barrel out of the storage closet.

So I "took the initiative", as women like men to do, and rolled the barrel out into the living room. "Ready to tap the keg?" I joked, and by "keg" I meant "55-gallon barrel of personal lubricant." She looked at me all shocked, and said "That's it, I'm out of here!" I asked why, since she didn't need to run to Walgreens for more lubricant - there was plenty right here. But she didn't answer, and got up to leave anyway. Then, as Carla was about to pass me and the barrel, she tripped on my dog Poochie and fell right into the lube barrel! The force of the impact downed the barrel and knocked its lid off, sending 55 gallons of water-based lubricant across my faux-hardwood floors.

Carla was completely drenched, and her momentum slid her to the front door - which she somehow managed to pry open with a pair of oven mitts. The last thing I knew, "No-Fun Carla" was screaming profanities and sliding down three flights of steps. I didn't pay much attention because I was too busy trying to salvage the lube. I managed to get about half of it back into the barrel - the other half probably seeped into Mrs. Pulaski's unit below me. I never bothered to ask if she appreciated the free gift of lubricant.

Anyway, despite my "user error", I was quite pleased with the product. These days it's hard to find 55 gallons of scent-free water-based lubricant, and you can find it right here at a discount rate! I had to give it only "4 Stars" because it didn't come with a lifting apparatus. I had to buy my own mechanical lift separately to haul the bin to my future "dates". So if you're ready for fun, "slide" on down to a high quality product at a bargain price!

http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Natural-Water-Based-Lubricant-Gallon/dp/B005MR3IVO

I am cut and I didn't get my boys cut, but I have to say I really dislike the attitude the Champions of the Foreskin display in threads like these. .. Can't totally blame them when there are unprovoked "dick cheese" shitfuck comments tossed around like a floppy detached foreskin.

Gumbie

chons-meme-generator-u-wot-m8-cdcf1f.jpg

Cygnus

Banned
In America the rate in newborns has fallen to under half. In Canada it was already single digits, in Europe even lower. So yes it's still happening a lot in the first world, but thankfully dying out, really America is the only holdout.

Good to know.

Oh fuck I have one of those, I thought it was normal (as far as being circumcised goes anyway)
I'm not gonna cut it off with a damn scissors though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The summer after 7th grade I took a pair of scissors and cut the bridge! I cut it flush with the head of my penis. To my surprise, it didn't hurt one bit. It just bled. A few hours later, I cut the end that was still on my shaft. It didn't hurt either.

WTF?

Aaahhhhhh (I am cringing pretty hard atm even though you said it didn't hurt). As for this debate, not sure if its as big of a deal as ha d makes it out, but it is still kind of weird to be cutting up your newborn...

43Tsv.gif

Getting cut due to phimosis. :(

Same here... Next week, that shit actually makes me wish my folks had me cut as a kid.

Costs like a grand to get done too

These guys say there other methods:

Faced with a man suffering from phimosis, I propose:

After analysis of the patient's method of masturbation, it is necessary to explain to him the roles of masturbation during adolescence, such as are described in the five preceding points. The discussion has the advantage of removing feelings of guilt, if necessary.

Next it is advisable to instruct him on the technique that seems to be most useful, attempting thus to pull back the foreskin by exposing the tip of the glans. In fact it is only rarely possible for a boy who has developed for himself a method that leads to orgasm to replace it initially by another. Generally the new method fails to give pleasure and may even tend to impair the quality of the erection. This could explain why boys fail in their first attempts at sexual intercourse; a man who has become accustomed to rotational movements on his penis for several years will be quite unable to use this technique in the vagina. Therefore I advise "prescribe" alternating a few pleasurable manipulations known to be stimulative with the remodelling manipulations. It is of course essential that the preputial opening be stretched round the circumference of the fully erect glans. This technique meets the requirements of the kinesitherapy of soft tissues, gradual stretching. In some cases I have recommended instrumental dilatation with the use of a dilator in patients who agree to this procedure, or I have advised the introduction of two fingers into the opening of the foreskin to stretch it. Figure 18.

Perhaps it is logical to draw a parallel between the preputial ring of the boy and the hymen of the girl. In both cases there is a mucocutaneous stricture obstructing intercourse, but allowing the passage of urine and in the case of the hymen the flow of menses. The opening of the hymen may occur through traumatic rupture during brutal penetration, or by gradual and gentle dilatation when the lover is careful or shy.

Prepuce or hymen, it is the erect glans acting as a mould (or mandrel) which dilates (and models) the orifice.

Thus the boy can progressively expand his foreskin until the diameter is equal to that of the erect glans, allowing him subsequently to proceed to sexual intercourse without risk of paraphimosis.

http://www.cirp.org/library/treatment/phimosis/beauge/

Besides jerking off - as if you're going to consider other options - they also recommend steroid cream:

http://www.circumstitions.com/phimosis.html

LordOfChaos

Holy shit that looks like it would be brutal for sex. I really don't get why a parent would risk all this for cosmetic surgery on a body part every boy is born with. And when those boys grow up, most of their peers will be uncut, so "they want to be like everyone else" is no longer a valid reason. And I've never seen my dads dick, I don't know why everyone brings that weirdness up.

LordOfChaos

Are there studies done on how much a circumcised penis cuts off pleasure compared to a non-circumcised penis? Like, legit studies?

In the largest study on circumcision in South Korea, Seoul University found 33% of men who were circumcised during adulthood reported difficulty attaining sexual gratification, 63% said masturbation less enjoyable, and 11% had "frequent" orgasm difficulties.
(Kim, Peng et all, Seoul University)

One such organization distributed questionnaires to circumcised men. The complaints included prominent scarring (33%), insufficient penile skin for comfortable erection (27%), erectile curvature from uneven skin loss (16%), and pain and bleeding upon erection/manipulation (17%). Psychological complaints included feelings of mutilation (60%), low self esteem/inferiority to "intact" men (50%), genital dysmorphia (55%), rage (52%), resentment/depression (59%), violation (46%), or parental betrayal (30%). Many respondents reported that their physical/emotional suffering impeded emotional intimacy with their partner(s), resulting in sexual dysfunction

The above one you can find on pubmed, I forget where I got the second one but it seemed legit.

LordOfChaos

Uncircumcised penises are better looking, but most girls seem to prefer circumcised dicks, so i wouldn't go through this procedure.

What looks better just depends on what you've grown up with. In 85% of the world cut is bizarre.

And why would you go through it or not based on what a few women like? Many don't even notice the difference. And it's not like they'd get a labioplasty for you.

sun-drop

my problem is that after sex i'm basically too raw to operate for 3 days after, that incls morning after ...so enough of that shit, i'm chopping it off and being done with it.

1 year ago ... no sign of it btw, it just happened out of the blue.

might have been some rough sex last year, or some that went on too long ..who knows...but i guess, once you get scar tissue down there ... yr fucked. cause it just tears, heals, tears, heals ....gets tighter and tighter ... till basicly you have real trouble pulling the forskin all the way down.

so imagine that during sex .. the next day i'm basically left with a forskin that is torn to shit. not fun. it isn't a big deal during sex, i mean if you use rubbers and the chick is wet .. all good.

but seriously unfun shit. can happen to anyone i guess ...

sun-drop

so yeh i got cut two days ago.

surprisingly painless , apart from a twinge when they inject you with local into yr junk ... did not feel a god dam thing after that.

but threw me a curve ball, ight at the last min doc asks if i want stitches , or a "clamp" ...

i thought wtf, a clamp ...whats the upside? and he said well it's quicker ...ten mins vs 40 odd mins,,, they just put a tube on yr cock, and slice off the foreskin, skin gets somehow folded over the edge of this thing ..and you leave it there for 4 days... upside ...no stiches, no bandages ...downside, is you have to come in again to get it removed.

so i said..err...lets stick with the usual way thanks...

but just as i was popped up on the table he mentions it again..so i took that as him wanting to do it that way, so said yeh, what the hell , lets do it.

so in comes the nurse, and they get to work

so here i am, sitting here with a plastic tube/clamp thing on my junk ...

got to say ... not too bad, i mean , the head of my cock is squashed into this tube, so you just pee out of that and there is no mess with bandages. it's pretty much encased in this thing so there is no sensitive parts being knocked around. pretty much it's painless.

except ... for when i'm sleeping :( ... woke up three times last night with a hardon, and it hurt like fuck. woke up, it subsided with in a few mins once the pain registered ..but man ... ouch.

anyways this thing apparently comes off a few hours after sony's E3 press conference ... supposedly i can fuck again after 2 weeks, but i'm not going to push it ...

just thought id share my experience so far ... apart from the night time stuff ... has been completely painless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom