• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former GameTrailers Crew Announcement 03.21.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulloDEC

bosman_party_shortqpu8b.gif

Aw yiss.

sora87

What if the announcement is that they've formed a first party nintendo studio to create Waluigi's Sneak N' Love

CH-RzJPWsAAVJ4s.png

uliffor

Neo Member
This is the best news to wake up to. I've been missing my weekly Final Bosman, Huber Hype, GT Time, and Mandatory Update. Whatever it is they are doing, I will support it!

kennyamr

Man, first it was the FFXV event on March 30, then it was then PSVR event on March 15. Now this. WHAT A MONTH! HYPE!
Ps: They may bring the shows back but I hope a podcast like GT Time is also included! Make it happen, guys! It was the best podcast around, period.

Hasney

Man, first it was the FFXV event on March 30, then it was then PSVR event on March 15. Now this. WHAT A MONTH! HYPE!
Ps: They may bring the shows back but I hope a podcast like GT Time is also included! Make it happen, guys! It was the best podcast around, period.

Yeah, hoping GT Time comes back as standard even if it's just audio for a bit.

They'll announce TrailerGames: A mobile video production studio about video games all shot from inside a trailer. The gimmick however is that they do not have a car, and they need to ask randos to pull them. They start out in Maine, and need to go all the way to Los Angeles, and maybe solve some mysteries and crimes along the way. Will they make it in time for E3?
This sounds awesome

I'll gladly pay $5-10 a month for my GT crew back.
Keep the videos on youtube if possible please. The video player that GT had was killing its hope of monetisation from ads.

styl3s

Aside from the Giantbomb crew this is my favorite crew of internet gaming personalities and reviewers. I really, really, really hope they continue doing what they were while stepping up their streaming game like Huber has been.

Patreon or however they decide to go with it i am 1000% behind them and i do hope Damiani and Don end up coming over as well.

It was good to hear Brandon on Kinda Funny Games. I look forward to the 21st and I wish the team all the best.

It would be great to see them together again and working on their own stuff free of those that seem intent on pissing all over a good thing.

Naythan

I don't want to speculate too much this early on but I would assume if Don and Blair are not joining in on the fun, it's because they were not very active on the personality based programming and did the majority of their work behind the scenes.

If things are going to start out as personality based stuff that mostly revolves around streams, it's more cost efficient for the on-camera people to just do it themselves, I would imagine. A hard truth. I'll miss them both if they aren't coming along for the ride.

What wonderful news to wake up to! I'm excited the beauty boys are
probably
back. Glad my boy Ian will be coming back, Saturdays haven't been the same without Man Ups.

Luke_Wal

So, I'll be honest, I've just never really watched a whole lot of GT stuff. But I thought they had a woman on their staff? The crew of their new endeavor is seven white dudes?

AAK

Wait 7 of them??? The only way such a model could work is if they made some kind of website with subscription enabled content like Giant Bomb but Brandon Jones said that won't happen in the KF podcast. How else are they going to make something that can fund 7 people to work full time on?

Hasney

Wait 7 of them??? The only way such a model could work is if they made some kind of website with subscription enabled content like Giant Bomb but Brandon Jones said that won't happen in the KF podcast. How else are they going to make something work to fund 7 people to work full time on?

By not making it full time unless the funding supports it?

So, I'll be honest, I've just never really watched a whole lot of GT stuff. But I thought they had a woman on their staff? The crew of their new endeavor is seven white dudes?

I think it was mentioned earlier that a few other peeps aren't big Tweeters but may be involved anyhow?

(I saw much of GT posted here on GAF and never got a chance to actually check out their content. I'll definitely give this crew my attention though.

The only thing i ask is that they need to embrace youtube or twitch a little more this time.

Yeah I hope so too. I wish they could pull someting off like the German guys of Rocketbean.tv. Their website and TV show was also shut down so they started a twitch channel where they play games and stream their shows (not only games but also talkshows, shows about movies, sports, doing their own gameshows and stuff). When not live they just replay some old stuff. It's like a TV channel. And it seems to work pretty good.
But they were also pretty popular in Germany and I don't think GT has quite the iconic status like they do.

Afrodium

Banned
Really stoked for whatever this is. I'm hoping it's not a Patreon or subscription-based because it seems unsustainable with that many people. Fingers crossed that someone else saw their talent and made them an offer (YouTube Gaming would be great).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom