• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 ┇ 2024 ┇ Plan N for Next Season™

Recap of last season:

~

DhxSHiH.jpg
3a8j9qlp.jpg

Last edited:
New season almost here!
That new thread smell never gets old.

Although with Hamilton going to Ferrari next year, I feel like I’ll still be waiting even after this season begins.

Hopes for this year
- Alonso on the podium again
- Leclerc able to convert poles to wins
- Hamilton beating George Russell into the ground before he leaves for Ferrrari
- Lando beating Piastri
- Lance Stroll leaving F1
- Sainz finding a new home
- someone challenging Max

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

My hopes:
- Max winning in Singapore to complete the collection
- Haas being absolute dogshit (so that Andretti and Guenther can smile about something)
- Alonso moving to Merc for one last ride ;)
- Albon moving to Merc if Alonso burned one bridge too many
- Nowins staying without wins
- Piastri winning in a full race
- Stroll family exiting F1, I won't even be that mad if Saudis take over

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Thanks for contributing. cormack12 cormack12

I'm a bit lazy.
We have a thread. It's enough :)

I'm just hoping someone can keep close to Max. Mclaren were getting there but can't see any big strides. The interesting action is likely to be Merc vs. Ferrari and if Aston manage to get back to their early season form of last year.

Also with Hamilton's seat being available going to be interesting watching Ocon, Albon, Sainz and to see if Russell can show the maturity to balance his instinct to position himself as the #1

Legreg and Norris can go toe to toe with him but how long can they keep it up in a season? That's the question.

Both are prone to little mistakes and their respective teams are not bulletproof either. Lots of variables. Everyone needs to step up their game.

xrnzaaas

The new Toro Rosso would have the best livery so far if it wasn't for the white&red inserts. They should've kept blue and silver as the only primary colors. Currently they have four plus the green dollar logo from the main sponsor.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I fear this season is going to be a carbon copy of the last two. They might get a bit closer, but Max is a virtual guarantee for a fourth championship.

Raven117

Considering that over half the grid has contracts up at the end of this season...there will be lots of "try outs" going on. Hopefully this will lead to some great racing.

Last year...everything felt a little too predictable.

I will always and forever be team chaos.

The real unknown is will Horner be able to shit talk his way out of this one and will it have a negative effect on the team. I'm genuinely curious. I don't even know what happened.
From what I’ve read it just seems like he’s an asshole boss. Geri is standing by his side too, if there were dick pics or something I think it would have come out by now. The fact that the talks with that 3rd party took so long leads me to believe there wasn’t much there and they had to try and dig up dirt.

xrnzaaas

The Horner situation is countless speculations and ZERO facts. Some sources say a female employee accused him, others than he pissed off Marko, Newey and Jos with something that he's done or said. Who the fucks knows what's going out there.

I only hope he won't be fired IF there's no hard proof and it's just his word vs. the word of the person accusing him.

Last edited:
I fear this season is going to be a carbon copy of the last two. They might get a bit closer, but Max is a virtual guarantee for a fourth championship.
Agreed. I’m still gonna watch it, but ya. This is what I’m assuming will happen. We’ll all get to see him tie Seb.

Ok, Seb in his prime vs Max, same machines, who wins?

If Redbull pulls off the “zeropod” (so to speak) design when Mercedes couldn’t, that’s going to be a huge mic drop level statement.

The sidepods were never the issue, they work, but the rest of the car didn't (especially the floor). Their aero philosophy revolved around the zero sidepod design. The zero pod made the internal components more rearward. Which meant they couldn't use the correct suspension geometry for the most effective anti-squat. So technically it was the zero pod in a roundabout way, but it was not a bad design.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
I'll be a happy man if Alonso shows us the Faston Martin like he did at the start of last season. He has no chance of winning but I'll be happy with top 5. Also hoping Leclerc gets a win this season.

twilo99

I usually wait until Q1 for some sort of pecking order but this does not look good if you were expecting close races at the top. The battle for second will be very good tho.

Top Bottom