• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

anh_duong

Banned
Interfectum said:
Looks like you caught the scent too.
Haha but no fanboyism from me in this thread.

But you are right about the scent though because it reeks of fanboyism you only have to be here a nanosecond and be able to notice it.

sportzhead said:
This is my last pic post and I'll put it here to keep the Forza demo thread clean. But these are pretty telling pictures. Left is Forza 2, middle is Forza 3 in game, right is Forza 3 menu. As you can see, F2 and F3 do not look that different. Certainly not the big jump Turn 10 was advertising. I was expecting the cars in F3 to look like the menu screen models. Why did Turn 10 release all those bogus photo mode screens?

Turn10 released all those bogus photos for marketing purposes. Only fools will believe that that was actually the level of detail they will see on the races.

But why are you using F2 Photomode car models to compare it with the in-game models of F3?.

Don't answer the question, I know already.

ShogunX

dark10x said:
It looks as if the capture hardware is at fault.
image_forza_motorsport_3-11621-1856_0012.jpg

Agreed.

SeaOfMadness said:
here you go. just car models:

30voz83.png

b5gvlu.png

Guess which is which.

This is taken from the gameplay screen comparison a few pages back.

I'm not trying to say Forza looks better. I just want everyone to make their own mind up. This is what you see when you drive (exterior view of course). Apples to apples and all that

The second one looks a lot better so extrapolating from the bolded part of your post I assumed the second one is Forza and the first one GT5P. It seems not the case from the other posts. So did you really think the first one looks better?

Flo_Evans

bishoptl said:
It warms the cockles of my heart to see everybody getting along so nicely.

Is it possible to get a thread where rational people can actually discuss the 2 games different approaches and +/- ?

Maybe password lock it? :lol

spyshagg said:
GT5 is looking better in my opinion

Of course, there's no doubt about that. Only fools and fanboys could think otherwise.

That doesn't mean Turn10 job was excelent, it just that Polyphony are gods between men.

Doc Evils

SeaOfMadness said:
here you go. just car models:

30voz83.png

b5gvlu.png

Guess which is which.

This is taken from the gameplay screen comparison a few pages back.

I'm not trying to say Forza looks better. I just want everyone to make their own mind up. This is what you see when you drive (exterior view of course). Apples to apples and all that

Top car is GTPSP
Bottom is GT5:p

Accident

I can't understand how a fan of one of these game can hate the other when they are so similar. :lol :lol

I'll be enjoying Forza 3 for at least 6 month before GT5 comes out, so at the end i'm sure i'll put a lot of hours on both games. I'm also playing Shift but i don't think i can go back after playing the Forza demo.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Accident said:
I can't understand how a fan of one of these game can hate the other when they are so similar. :lol :lol

I know, it's sad. Loyalty to mega corporations is a peculiar thing to watch :lol

Why does Forza have window tinting by default anyway?

That shit looks ridiculous.

As for the debate; GT5's cars completely destroy Forza's, and Forza's environments are slightly better than GT5's.

:lol at the Chegate scandal. Wow, that's just mean. Pulling the wool over your fan base for month's with bull shots and lies then just crushing their wet graphical dreams with the demo.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Wax Free Vanilla said:
:lol at the Chegate scandal. Wow, that's just mean. Pulling the wool over your fan base for month's with bull shots and lies then just crushing their wet graphical dreams with the demo.
Say what? Is this true?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wax Free Vanilla said:
As for the debate; GT5's cars completely destroy Forza's, and Forza's environments are slightly better than GT5's.

I think the Forza 3 showroom cars look really good - on par with GT5P. Not a fair comparison maybe as they're higher poly than the ingame ones, but it shows that Turn10 have the capability, given enough resources

Dabanton

RSTEIN said:
I know, it's sad. Loyalty to mega corporations is a peculiar thing to watch :lol

It just goes to show what lies under the surface of the forum when the cover is lifted.

A lot of the posters in here some surprising, some not so much...well i won't be taking their opinions about anything gaming related seriously in the future.

chubigans said:
The one that has the rendered cockpit from outside the car is GT5p. That was easy. :D

Personally, it was the headlights that first gave it away for me :p

I find it funny that before this game was shown, Forza 2 had the better environments. Now that that game is old news, no one will state that. Btw, London Prologue (imo) > any Forza locale i've seen to date based on pics and videos (of F3). And Eiger isn't the best looking locale, definitely, but I hope they keep it in GT5 because I think it will get a visual upgrade. Tokyo is probably better than London as well, but i'd like to play it or at least get direct feed vids since its hard to tell from the offscreen shots we've seen so far. I think its safe to say trees no longer suck in GT, and I really hope they add the new trees to Eiger (graphically not type of tree).

Wax Free Vanilla said:
Why does Forza have window tinting by default anyway?

That shit looks ridiculous.

Well there is always Yamauchigate- dangling the 09 carrot then WHAM- March 2010 suckers!

McLovin

Telling cars the cars apart is easy. In general if you think it might be an RL pic then its most likely GT5.. if it clearly looks like a video game then its Forza.

McLovin said:
Telling cars the cars apart is easy. In general if you think it might be an RL pic then its most likely GT5.. if it clearly looks like a video game then its Forza.

too bad the roles are reversed when it comes to how the cars drive, AI etc... :(

commedieu

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
too bad the roles are reversed when it comes to how the cars drive, AI etc... :(

Top gear compared which title to real life again? Oh yeah... GT

Which developer just won in their series race again? Oh yeah... GT

Which one had actual wheel support to gauge physics/response/natural feel while driving.. not a wheel that catches fire with bogus FFB? Oh yeah GT

Forza fans love forzas phsyics because they cant play Gran Turismo without wondering why they cant go WOT and get 100% of traction at the same time in a turn..gigantic yawn man :) Turn10 literally just added body roll in F3 lol..

I've always said physics is subjective.. but GT's reputation of physics is solid. As is the presentation. Turn10 just shouldn't have said anything about GT, and just let the world enjoy their game.

DuckRacer

Wax Free Vanilla said:
Eh, if I'm going to be angry at Che for something, it'd be for this and not any sort of graphics-related issue:
chespace said:
With a rollover like the one in that animated gif, you're Duke Nukem Forevered with sim damage on.
The thing is, I made my car roll over in the demo with sim damage on (rollover caused by a 110 mph impact on the first major curve by the edge of the cliff), and I was able to go and overtake some opponents that passed by because of my crash. I've tried this with multiple cars too and get similar results every time, so I doubt it was a one-time glitch. I really like the rest of the game (and currently have it pre-ordered at Amazon), but this left a bad taste in my mouth.

DuckRacer

MirageDwarf said:
Will there ever be a game in current console generation for which photomode can be trusted?
Uncharted 2, actually. I'd mention Gears 2 as well but its photomode makes the game look worse.

commedieu said:
Top gear compared which title to real life again? Oh yeah... GT

Which developer just won in their series race again? Oh yeah... GT

Which one had actual wheel support to gauge physics/response/natural feel while driving.. not a wheel that catches fire with bogus FFB? Oh yeah GT

Forza fans love forzas phsyics because they cant play Gran Turismo without wondering why they cant go WOT and get 100% of traction at the same time in a turn..

gigantic yawn man :) Turn10 literally just added body roll in F3 lol..

You mean The same Top Gear who has Business deals with PD? To feature Top Gear tracks in their game? Featuring their show in GTTV? Oh I'm sure they're not biased- not at all.

Again:

a1ixif.jpg

Spin it!

+Aliken+

commedieu said:

Hold that thought.
Now I tired GT5 at the gamescom and I hate that wheel (or maybe it isn't the wheel)...
I just remember driving and taking my hands of the wheel, well the thing just went mad and I was going in a straight line.

Now I don't drive supercars on a daily basis however I doubt that this would happen in real life.

Top Bottom