• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I haven't spent tons of time with Forza 5 (because I don't get into the more sim-ish/realistic car games), but are the Drivatars really that bad? My limited experience (~20hrs) didn't reveal awful AI and rather than the usually boring and uninteresting driving behavior that most games have, it was a little more random or, at least, varied in the way they approached the racing lines, defensive maneuvers, and overtaking.

I would fucking love this.

the first corner of most races is a stock car pile up. Then even after the cars have spaced out a little, you'll have some cars randomly brake test you in the middle of a straight. Incredibly annoying.

Sciortino

6RmYHFz.gif

strata8

. If the XB1 version isn't massive step above the 360 version and is a solid port (kinda like Titanfall), then I'll buy it on 360 instead. I'm assuming I'm not the only one who's like this either.

Playground Games are much, much more technically competent than Respawn are though.

the_champ

Banned
I find it hard to believe a lot of people would give MS crap for not releasing a game on 360, at least here on GAF.

There are 80 million+ 360 users... it would be dumb from MS to forget them. I mean, it will probably be one of the best titles for 360 this year.
And for those saying that MS is not giving reasons to move to One... maybe a 360/One crossbuy would be a great option.

Gustav

Banned
lol I swear to you instead, that this thing you ask is never gonna happen!

God, why would you release a driving game without wheel support. This is so supremely dumb. I cannot fathom this. All I ever wanted is a realistic open world driving simulator. I will never get one :(

I'm pumped!

So, are they not showing the 360 version at all? Smells like TITANFALL syndrome to me.
TitanFall turned out really well on the 360, so is that a good thing?
But it actually seems like FH2 is being built on two different engines for the different platforms, so it might look completely different.

Yep, mentioned this earlier, that it would only make real sense to have it cross-plat if another team was handling the port (a-la Bluepoint and Respawn).

If this is the case, any little piece of doubt I had is gone.

edit: Now that I think about it, someone HAS TO BE doing the port besides Playground. After all, the LinkedIn account said "working on an unannounced Xbox One game" not "working on an unannounced Xbox360/One game".

Yessssss

Sounds like Bluepoint might be working their magic again.

I haven't even played Horizon 1 yet...

For technical level,i think playground games(+T10 helping) is a lot better than respawn
So maybe Bluepoint will did a great job again,but it won't be like Titanfall

ElNino

God, why would you release a driving game without wheel support. This is so supremely dumb. I cannot fathom this. All I ever wanted is a realistic open world driving simulator. I will never get one :(
No one said it wouldn't have any wheel support... just it won't have Logitech G25/27 support. It will almost certainly support the X1 Thrustmaster wheels, but I can understand if you don't want to purchase another wheel (I don't really want to get another wheel either after buying a Fanatec).

LastNac

Wow, getting Halo and Forza announcements out of the way! What is Microsoft planning to have at E3?

Also, Southern Europe? Not sure how I feel about that.

Turn 10 doing the 360 version confirmed.
They can use the same Forza Horizon 1 engine, which was perfectly fine. Just change the cars and scenery. For the XB1 it's a modified F5 engine hopefully improved. I loved the first one and I'm in day one for this one.

p3tran

Banned
Horizon 1 was one of my favorite game on 360 so I'm potentially really hyped about the sequel. However, seeing that T10 has a huge role in the developpement scares me that they will seriously fuck it up with terrible AI and microtransactions left and right....ugh.

HUH? the only reason forza horizon exists in the first place, is because of all the great tech turn10 has created.

I usually post in threads about things I have an interest in, buy hey, each to their own.
I have an interest in whether a new first party title is exclusive to a current gen platform or cross gen. Why is this so difficult for you to grasp?

Anyway, good to hear that it the 360 version is being farmed out.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
cross gen and the same engine as FM5......oh dear

I'll be really curious to see how the lighting engine works in this game. Given there's literally no real time lighting engine in FM5 they've got a lot of work to do to make it variable/nights/etc.

Bgamer90

Banned
I'm hoping the game looks good but with it being cross gen, I kinda doubt it.
edit: NVM!

Have you played Forza Horizon? That game in 1080p would look great.

People shouldn't be worried at all about the Xbox One version not looking good.

Edit: Heh, just saw your edit. Guessing you saw the news about different teams.

jem0208

Horizon 1 was one of my favorite game on 360 so I'm potentially really hyped about the sequel. However, seeing that T10 has a huge role in the developpement scares me that they will seriously fuck it up with terrible AI and microtransactions left and right....ugh.

Terrible AI? You what?

Also the microtransactions weren't that bad in FM5, and they've been massively improved since launch.

shandy706

cross gen and the same engine as FM5......oh dear

WTF does this even mean? Did you miss the developed/ported by separate studios in the OP.

Did you not play Horizon....it was one of the best looking (IQ wise) games of last-gen. It was built off a tweaked F4 engine.

A tweaked F5 engine in the same sense for Horizon 2, by Playground Games, sounds absolutely incredible.

Put an explanation behind comments like this.

Why, whole region is prime driving country. You need a good dosage of some Top Gear!

This! Very much this! I want to reenact some Top Gear episodes..lol.

L1NETT

Wow, getting Halo and Forza announcements out of the way! What is Microsoft planning to have at E3?

Also, Southern Europe? Not sure how I feel about that.

Why, whole region is prime driving country. You need a good dosage of some Top Gear!

--

Mint news that another studio is doing the 360 version. Let playground go crazy with the Xbone

Zomba13

Nintendo are the only ones that can offer a surprise this E3. Why are devs ruining all the surprises before E3? Even if there were leaks and rumours that is all they are until confirmed. Confirming them early just makes me not want to bother with the press conferences. Why watch them live when I know all the games? Why not wait for them to be over and just watch the trailers/gameplay when that gets put up.

I'll be really curious to see how the lighting engine works in this game. Given there's literally no real time lighting engine in FM5 they've got a lot of work to do to make it variable/nights/etc.

that's my biggest worries with it.......no way they are hitting 60FPS in 1080p this time around with an open world racer.

F5 had baked lighting to hit that 60fps mark

Bgamer90

Banned
Nintendo are the only ones that can offer a surprise this E3. Why are devs ruining all the surprises before E3? Even if there were leaks and rumours that is all they are until confirmed. Confirming them early just makes me not want to bother with the press conferences. Why watch them live when I know all the games? Why not wait for them to be over and just watch the trailers/gameplay when that gets put up.

No. There will be many announcements for 2015 games.

Top Bottom