• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

Prine

Banned
Day One.

Got to wonder what MS have lined up for E3 with all these announcements.

Seriously man, what the hell have MS got now that they're throwing everything ntkrnl spoke about out there. Halo, Quantum Break, Sunset overdrive not Forza Horizon 2. This is unlike any e3 buildup I've experienced.

TheKayle

Banned
It probably will have a lot as they will just use a lot of the Forza 5 cars.

yeah i think that most assets models come directly from turn10 (just to be faster in developement)...and this would be so smart........

sony could do the same between PD..and Evolution no?

My one wish is that collisions with pedestrian drivers cause crashes.

In Horizon 1 they bounce off you and slow you down a little. Which always bothered me. I want a full-on crash, as it makes it more tense.

Fruitster

Great news. Quite enjoyed the first Horizon, even though I didn't think the setting was very inspired. Southern Europe sounds a lot more interesting. I'll have to grab an X1 later on in the year it seems.

jem0208

yeah i think that most assets models come directly from turn10 (just to be faster in developement)...and this would be so smart........

sony could do the same between PD..and Evolution no?

Probably a lot more difficult for DC and GT as they use completely different engines I believe (This is a complete guess and it could be wrong and I can't be bothered to look it up).

Both the Forzas using the same engine is going to speed up the dev time quite substantially.

Castcoder

Banned
You're right. There simply must be no new information or announcements for E3. Boy, it was really stupid of them to give reveals on all of their games before E3.

/s
I'm just saying if there ARE real surprised anymore, it better not be Wonderbook for PS4 and Kinectimals 2.

You know what...with the extra time they've had, and the possibility of 30fps, and tons of tweaking...that means FH2 will possibly look better than this in motion...

ezqoqx.gif

lzitqw.gif

I don't know how much open-world will effect it...but still..

Exciting..

Recorded this the other day

Forza 5 clip

Closest thing to a "road" in Forza 5. If Forza Horizon can look just like this 30fps video with the weather effects....lawd

The first Horizon actually did a surprisingly great job with the festival. Did you play it?

Driving through the hub area at night was beautiful, almost like a carnival.

Sydle

Seriously man, what the hell have MS got now that they're throwing everything ntkrnl spoke about out there. Halo, Quantum Break, Sunset overdrive not Forza Horizon 2. This is unlike any e3 buildup I've experienced.

ntkrnl said he didn't reveal everything.

I did. It felt far more cringe-worthy than say SSX3 to me.
The whole thing? Or just the DJs or music selection?

It'll be interesting to see what they change on both of those accounts with this new game. Those choices seem like they'd be even more important this time around since we still don't have custom soundtrack support in the OS.

*prays for custom soundtrack support*

Gestault

I did. It felt far more cringe-worthy than say SSX3 to me.

I didn't mind it at all, and it was a good premise for the variety of events in the open setting (and some of the more dramatic spectacles). Most people I've encountered thought it was handled well. Even Gerstmann thought it worked, and he's about as unenthusiastic about that sort of gel-haired, wub-wub bro town scenery as you can get.

Jomjom

Banned
What the hell is this? What are we to be surprised by next week?

MS is being really smart with what they are doing. They know that the group of people who care about "winning E3" are also the group of people who know about all of ntkrnl's leaks, so they are getting rid of those leaked announcements prior to E3. They know that if they just showed those things ntkrnl leaked, that group of people would just groan and say that there were no surprises.

If MS didn't have the surprises to back it up, they would not have announced these early. Now that Project Beast is all but leaked as well, if we don't see Sony officially announce that pre-E3, we'll know that they are probably low on other surprises to show.

jem0208

By the way, was Crackdown exclusive to the 360?. I can't remember that far back and i just wondered if that could be the secret third party game.

Yup, had the Halo 3 beta on it and everything.

That beta was amazing. Crackdown was bloody great as well.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
The whole thing? Or just the DJs or music selection?

It'll be interesting to see what they change on both of those accounts with this new game. Those choices seem like they'd be even more important this time around since we still don't have custom soundtrack support in the OS.

*prays for custom soundtrack support*
Well, I think racing things like planes add zero value to a race. It's just a point-to-point time trial. But yeah, I wasn't a fan of the dialogue and music more than anything. I get that it's the premise of the series, and maybe that means it's not for me.

jem0208

Well, I think racing things like planes add zero value to a race. It's just a point-to-point time trial. But yeah, I wasn't a fan of the dialogue and music more than anything. I get that it's the premise of the series, and maybe that means it's not for me.

You didn't enjoy the soundtrack at all?

I can agree with the presenters being a bit... annoying but the soundtrack was bloody amazing.

I don't agree about the plane stuff either, yes it didn't really add anything to the race but it fitted really well with the whole presentation and just made the races a bit more exciting.

golem

The first Horizon actually did a surprisingly great job with the festival. Did you play it?
Driving up to your garage at night with the fireworks going was pretty cool

I actually hope they expand on the concept a bit, let us get out of our cars at the festival maybe

Ape

Banned
Good job Microsoft for releasing on the 360. There's plenty of time to support the Xbox One, no reason to quit on the 360 so early in the current Gen. Great decision imo.

I liked the first Horizon a lot. Played it with my brother and had a blast. Going to buy the shit out of this one. I'm actually almost out of 360 games to play in my backlog... I might have to put him out to pasture soon :(

I put 100+ hours into Horizon and I didn't even notice the music festival most of the time lol

It was basically just a hub where you start off. It wasn't intrusive. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Good job Microsoft for releasing on the 360. There's plenty of time to support the Xbox One, no reason to quit on the 360 so early in the current Gen. Great decision imo.

I liked the first Horizon a lot. Played it with my brother and had a blast. Going to buy the shit out of this one. I'm actually almost out of 360 games to play in my backlog... I might have to put him out to pasture soon :(

The first game was gorgeous, hopefully Xbox Live will have a screenshot option before this is released

Top Bottom