• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

TheKayle

Banned
with this pre e3 announcements ms is building imho a great GREAT momentum...
all the issues seem to be gone...drm ..the hated kinect (i still think they should vastly continue to support it as os input device and in coordination with the physical controller on games) that infamous..apps paywall.......games with gold...on x1 being more ala psn+....tons of nice games..news....and the way how phil spencer is now talking and interacting with fans on twitter is GREAT...

i dont know what they have for the e3...but i wanna think they still have at least 2/3 bombs to drop at the conference

The Flash

Banned
with this pre e3 announcements ms is building imho a great GREAT momentum...
all the issues seem to be gone...drm ..the hated kinect (i still think they should vastly continue to support it as os input device and in coordination with the physical controller on games) that infamous..apps paywall.......games with gold...on x1 being more ala psn+....tons of nice games..news....and the way how phil spencer is now talking and interacting with fans on twitter is GREAT...

i dont know what they have for the e3...but i wanna think they still have at least 2/3 bombs to drop at the conference

The last thing that they need to get rid of is the parity clause

mrklaw

MrArseFace
We know it has at minimum 200 cars based on the info from the announcement.

I'm guessing that playground would get access to Turn 10's car models for reuse. That's what common sense and logic would do - share assets between first part teams working on similar games.

You listening PD?

timlot

Banned
Just bought the Forza 5 XB1 bundle last week. Enjoying it and can't wait for Horizon. Glad I have both systems now (PS4&XB1)and no longer feel the need to down play one or the others positive news. Kind of a weird feeling because I've never had more than one system in a generation, but its cool to be able to pick and choose the games you want regardless of platform. All these "concerned" comments just seem like noise now.

Driving up to your garage at night with the fireworks going was pretty cool
And you could see the lights of the festival from across the map.

ibvO9QF4ZdU3KQ.jpg

And as you approached you first saw the fireworks, then started to hear the bass, then the cheers.

Yeah, they pulled it off really well.

TheKayle

Banned
The last thing that they need to get rid of is the parity clause

i think they waiting to see the reaction of all the other markets (i think xb1 still is on jsut 13 country no?) ..and check the real gap between the two direct contender....
but at the end...also this will be cutted out

I'm pretty sure it has loads of tracks though...

Insanely low number of cars though. I hope for those who buy it that they all handle uniquely or that game is going to get boring fast.
It's a game focused on luxury and exotic supercars. Most people here have probably never even heard of a Pagani, let alone an Esprit or XJ220. The car count is just fine and they can add more via DLC.

EBE

call me crazy but id like just a LITTLE more story out of the whole music festival set up. nothing over the top, just develop the main character a bit and maybe a few other racers and id be happy.

Forza Horizon is in my top 5 games of the previous generation. FH2 cannot come soon enough. The physics balance was just right and overall the game just had me hooked.

jem0208

It's a game focused on luxury and exotic supercars. Most people here have probably never even heard of a Pagani, let alone an Esprit or XJ220. The car count is just fine and they can add more via DLC.

Well, considering the amount of people ragging on F5 about it's "low" car count I expect this won't go down especially well.

Also being able to add stuff through DLC isn't exactly a good thing unless it's free.

Just bought the Forza 5 XB1 bundle last week. Enjoying it and can't wait for Horizon. Glad I have both systems now (PS4&XB1)and no longer feel the need to down play one or the others positive news. Kind of a weird feeling because I've never had more than one system in a generation, but its cool to be able to pick and choose the games you want regardless of platform. All these "concerned" comments just seem like noise now.

:slowclap:

It's really surprising to see them announce so many games before E3. I'm thinking that they just want each of these games to have more time in the spotlight rather than be buried at E3 among everything else. It's a smart decision. I've never played the first Forza Horizon but open world has me really interested.

As for the 360 thing, if I had to guess it would be that based off the sales of Forza 5, they wouldn't be able to make enough profit on it being next gen only. At least a separate team is doing it so they don't have to handicap one game to accomodate the other.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I've never understood the need to downplay another system ever, but I guess I always have all the systems.

shandy706

Most of the people here (as in those in a Forza thread that are looking forward to it) have probably at least heard of every single one of those cars. ;)

Faith

Exactly my thoughts!

I will play DC and FH2 :D

jem0208

Me neither. I'm XB1 only, but I would never downplay PS4 or WiiU. There are great games on all the platforms.

Many people feel the need to legitimize their purchase. They do this by convincing themselves any alternative is bad and then they go around telling everyone that.

rokkerkory

Good stuff ur an enthusiast instead of fanboy!

ib1NiFRyUfS0NP.gif

Just remember that its open world. Urgh i can already hear the 'Drive Club blows it away. lolz Xbox' posts tomorrow.

Two arcade racers, both with developers from the once mighty Bizarre, who the hell cares about comparing the two in terms of visuals.

We're about to get to bloody amazing racers this year. It's a fantastic time to be a fan of arcade racers. Damn good time. Sod boiling down any conversation to just visuals.

jem0208

1363716631714349628.GIF

There's another gif with a guy high jumping and leaping into his car...can't seem to find it:(

I feel like if this GIF was 2 seconds longer it wouldn't be quite as impressive. I can't see him getting his foot in without it looking atleast a tiny bit awkward, I mean that was so smooth...

Two arcade racers, both with developers from the once mighty Bizarre, who the hell cares about comparing the two in terms of visuals.

We're about to get to bloody amazing racers this year. It's a fantastic time to be a fan of arcade racers. Damn good time. Sod boiling down any conversation to just visuals.

That's what console wars foster really. Pretty much pointless graphics comparisons.

Sumo Digital are making the 360 version? They have ex-Bizarre and ex-Black Rock developers over there now don't they?

Great choice if so. I have no doubt the 360 version will look great based on this. Now it's just to be seen how far Playground pushes the FM5 engine on XB1.

Looking forward to the unveiling. Forza with weather effects is a sight I've been awaiting for a while now, and it could sell me on an XB1 if they nail it.

JaggedSac

So I was a little apprehensive about it being cross Gen earlier today, but from all the info about it being done by a different team and not even on the same engine, I don't think compromises were made for the Bone version in order to make it so.

Can't wait till tomorrow to read all about how the weather is implemented and see some screenies. One of my most anticipated games for the year.

Top Bottom