• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2: Driving Social — Drivatars, 1000 player clubs, instant multiplayer

8OQiMlL.png

oh it was fifa 15

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wonder why only those are listed... i guess its coming late sept? was hoping it would be ready for destiny. oh well, better late than never :)

Looks good but driveclub excites me more after not being impressed with nfs rivals

wha wha what? huh?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
The wifi is absolutely terrible here, I don't think I'll even be able to upload anything tonight. I'll try again and then try from a mcdonalds or something. This sucks.

Chris R

Hope the multiplayer stuff doesn't detract from the single player experience :(

Almost done with the first game (on my purple bracelet now) and I'm liking most of it despite playing 100% offline. Any word if there is a character creator available at the start of the game or are we stuck playing generic white guy again?

RyudBoy

Damn, love the new areas shown. Overall, it looks fantastic. I really like the brief moment where they were driving through the big field of grass (2:35 in the video). Looks so good. I can't believe this is coming out next month. O_O

shandy706

Encoding some gameplay from the hands on session after the press conference. Should take at least 30 minutes due to the rather bad upload at the hotel :/

I REALLY wish someone could get an IN CAR video of the rain in the city or in the fog on the coast.

An even bigger (but probably not possible) request would be with no HUD..lol.

The wifi is absolutely terrible here, I don't think I'll even be able to upload anything tonight. I'll try again and then try from a mcdonalds or something. This sucks.

No big deal, thanks. Hey...if you know anyone that will be getting further footage...show them the above ;).

Bessy67

I'm very excited for this game. The original is a ton of fun and it looks like they've made a lot of improvements.

Graphically the game isn't really impressing me and I'm really torn on if I like the concept of this game. I can't decide if this or Forza 5 would be better for me.

I'm new to Xbox so can someone confirm for me if Forza is more like Gran Turismo where Horizons is more like NFS Most Wanted or Rivals in game structure?

Graphically the game isn't really impressing me and I'm really torn on if I like the concept of this game. I can't decide if this or Forza 5 would be better for me.

I'm new to Xbox so can someone confirm for me if Forza is more like Gran Turismo where Horizons is more like NFS Most Wanted or Rivals in game structure?

Forza is definitely the sim racer. Horizons is more arcadey and open world, but not quite the over the top crazy of Most Wanted or Rivals.

shandy706

I'm so psyched for this game. This one looks like drive club almost with it not being bright daylight.

I wish there was an in-car shot of that exact scene, with no HUD at all.

Art and light go a long ways to change the look of a game. That shot in particular matches a lot of the "darker/cooler" DC shots.

This is open world though, so I don't expect the same detail. Looks absolutely incredible to be open world.

Is Horizons like Motorsport in the way that I can turn off assists (traction control and etc.) to make the game more sim like? For example, if I gun a RWD car coming out of a corner will I have a chance of spinning it out?

I love the challenge of Forza 5 because it feels like I am really "controlling" the car. If Horizon is even close to that, I want it hooked to my veins!!!

Arc07

Is Horizons like Motorsport in the way that I can turn off assists (traction control and etc.) to make the game more sim like? For example, if I gun a RWD car coming out of a corner will I have a chance of spinning it out?

I love the challenge of Forza 5 because it feels like I am really "controlling" the car. If Horizon is even close to that, I want it hooked to my veins!!!

You can turn off all assists.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Thanks! But does the second half of my question ring true?

absolutely, though even with assists off, fh1 felt considerably less "sim" then mainline forza. i'm hoping that fh2 will allow the full forza feel, but even if it ends up similar to the first game, it will still play very well

GlamFM

Banned
Oh wait what!?

It´s playable on the show floor?

I´ll be there tomorrow.

Will let you guys know what I thought afterwards.

shandy706

What in the world is that blue car/truck/thing??

vsdctr.gif

Edit** Slowed the gif down

Looks like a Vette/Ferrari jacked all kinds of up..lol

Top Bottom