• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 soundtrack announced

Ferr986

Yup, a bit of Trance would've been great too ;)

yeah I agree. Considering how big Trance still is, its a shame its always left in these kind of EDM soundtracks. Atleast something from Armin or such that is still mainstream enough.

Navy Bean

So, no proper rock station again. Exactly the same situation as the first game in that none of the music suits me at all. Hope the engine sounds are good, because that's all I'll be listening to.

Not my kind of music either, BUT I loved the Horizon soundtrack and trust that I will enjoy learning a ton of new music...

A rock station would be nice though...

And somehow I think the classical station will be pretty sweet.

Gestault

ibeRUCRvaH7N06.gif

Spotify
spotify:user:1132207731:playlist:7a3aZbfY9xphhThFOeA1tA

I included all the songs of the first four stations (Pulse, Bass, XS, Hospital) in the list and will add the rest when I get back from the cinema.

Not all tracks are available on Spotify though.

Living in Germany the Youtube playlists are almost empty.

jesu

I cannot wrap my head around some of these tracks fitting the game's setting unless I am misunderstanding the basic premises. Great soundtrack in of itself but just do not lnow if it is fitting.

Hootchie coochie in Italy?

Type of music you would get at a European music festival.

T.O.P

Banned
Spotify
spotify:user:1132207731:playlist:7a3aZbfY9xphhThFOeA1tA

I included all the songs of the first four stations (Pulse, Bass, XS, Hospital) in the list and will add the rest when I get back from the cinema.

Not all tracks are available on Spotify though.

Living in Germany the Youtube playlists are almost empty.

that sucks

Great stuff though, gonna save it for my next workout! :D

Forza Horizon 2 - Hospital Records Radio - Full Playlist (missing a couple)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKhJdjBAW06o8ejzL2C7HKJ1QoghTCb3U

i'll finish the last two tomorrow

W.S.

Little disappointed there's no Friendly Fires tracks but I'll be looking forward to listening to all the new stuff.

prophecy0

The soundtrack from FH1 turned me on to a lot of songs / artists I had never heard of. It looks like the FH2 soundtrack will do that all over again.

I'm glad to see Chromeo included. I've enjoyed their music ever since I first heard "Needy Girl" 10 years ago.

Under the tide? That's terribad and is one of the songs I've deleted from the album.

I remember being interested when Gran Turismo 6 had a Chvrches song and then immediately losing interest when it turned out to be Under the Tide. The Mother We Share is overplayed but I still like the song itself.

I know people love that Disclosure remix of Jessie Ware but I can't help but want the original instead. Wouldn't fit in the game, of course. Dunno much about Hospital but I've liked what I've heard (mainly a London Elektricity song) so I'm cautiously optimistic.

On my personal spectrum of taste this soundtrack seems to sit around Sleeping Dogs--the indie rock stuff isn't as good as I want it to be, just like Sleeping Dogs, but the Ninja Tune (and hopefully Hospital) will make up for it some.

The next Horizon better be set in Asia, we need those K-pop and Shibuya-kei stations already. I'm only half-joking.

Also, bloody Supercar! I mean, could it be any more obvious? Supercar? Drive? I want the whole station with just Supercar songs.

RoKKeR

Well I don't know any of these songs pretty much and I'm bummed there is no Classic Rock/Alternative station (seriously...WHY!?) but I'm looking forward to discovering some new music.

Will probably spend most of my time on XS but I'm playing the Best Of playlist right now and it's pretty good.

ironcreed

Banned
Dat Jungle:

hSdfI3t.gif

What I loved about Horizon was the overall feel good vibe of just cruising around the beautiful world to 'chillax' tunes. I could sit down and play that game and would not have a care in the world. Happy to see that we are getting that on an even larger level this time around.

dwells

I absolutely loved the first game's soundtrack (pretty much every station had a chill but upbeat feel good sound to it that just made you happy as you played), but I'm not a huge fan of this one. I don't like the idea of very specific stations that focus on only a handful of artists, and I don't think there's enough tracks per station. I think it would have been better off mixing those stations in with the other stations and winding up with three or four stations with large track lists to reduce repetition.

Also, I find it odd that there's no Porter Robinson or Madeon when Language and Icarus were two of the most heavily featured songs in the first game and were perfect fits for the atmosphere.

dugdug

Banned
Why waste a station on classical music? Forza 5's music was so boring.

I'm excited for the rest of he stations, though.

dwells

Too bad there is no "proper" rock/metal channel.

It is a shame that there's no rock station and it seems like less rock than the last game (Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys). I get that rock isn't really "in" these days, but they definitely could have thrown together a feel-good rock station to fit the game's vibe.

Speaking of Xbox Music, there's no way to hook into that service and use it as a station, right?

pipe dream :(

Seems like an obvious tie-in, too. No custom soundtracks on Xbox One, either, for some reason. I would think well-integrated custom soundtracks would've been standard this gen, but nope. I'd have loved to see a Custom Radio station that uses your music source but also interjects the DJs between songs with chat and in-game discussion. :(

dugdug

Banned
I don't dislike classical music, it just doesn't match 100 MPH speeds to me. Really brings down Forza 5 hard for me, so, I can't get excited about it in another racing game.

shandy706

It is a shame that there's no rock station and it seems like less rock than the last game (Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys). I get that rock isn't really "in" these days, but they definitely could have thrown together a feel-good rock station to fit the game's vibe.

Heh, I'm a Rock & Roll / Heavy Metal fan at heart, but I don't mind some different music here and there.

I didn't expect to get anything in my preferred genre.

I remember when racing games had soundtracks that I actually enjoyed listening to. Now there's nothing but electronic noise in most anymore. Guess this will be be continuing the trend of muting the music.

bryehn

Hospital and Ninja Tune, eh? I feel like I'm 20 again, both labels are well-represented in my music collection.

Lots of stuff I haven't heard, excited to discover new songs. Like the songs I know of though :D Can't wait for this game to release.

Top Bottom