• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

oMG guys, Chvrches just slayed Linkin Park - there is tea EVERYWHERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

THRILLH0

Banned
I just can't.

So there's this guy called Mike Shinoda (I don't know him) and he said that Chvrches sound like "Disney commercial music".

Can you believe that?

Then Chvrches said that they will continue not to buy Linkin Park albums.

Can you say SALTY!?

I am Pinocchio face down in a shallow pool of water right now.

Does anyone have a gif of Chester Bennington's ass to help settle this?

Mike Shinoda is one of the corniest motherfuckers in Hip-Hop history. His disapproval should be considered a seal of quality.

lightus

"That’s a smarter move than saying something for a tagline"

...eight words later...

"I will continue to probably not buy Linkin Park albums"

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
LP makes the most dull, elementary, tired, cliched, juvenile, safe, formulaic, generic shit on Earth.

Lol. Disney commercial music.

I'll take it over rehash after rehash band, making two solid albums before scrapping the good elements.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
LP makes the most dull, elementary, tired, cliched, juvenile, safe, formulaic, generic shit on Earth.

They fit that description so thoroughly that when they started out I just assumed they were manufactured like a boy band.

see5harp

Mike Shinoda is one of the corniest motherfuckers in Hip-Hop history. His disapproval should be considered a seal of quality.

. I don't even know how these mother fuckers are being interviewed about modern music. It's like asking Toni Braxton about what she thinks about modern R&B.

I mean, as a fan of Cvrches, they're not the most out there artist either...

He also fired shots at Haim and Vampire Weekend. None of these bands sound remotely like one another.

. I don't even know how these mother fuckers are being interviewed about modern music. It's like asking Toni Braxton about what she thinks about modern R&B.

toni still slays lives and careers though, even when it includes her own

usher is a better example

No offense to their fans, but I can't believe grown people fuck with LP in 2014. That shit was middle school/high school shit that worked for awhile, but even as a teen I started recognizing their song structure gimmicks and tropes.

Sai-kun

Banned
linkin park's last album is garbage

and it's so fucking ironic that mike called chvrches "disney commercial music" when LP has been extremely successful commercially and was probably the biggest band in the world at one point, and done theme songs for like 3 transformers movies

so i guess that makes linkin park hasbro commercial music?

and this kills me:

"And a big thank you goes out to CHVRCHES and all the bands whose names I’ve mentioned, for helping us find direction with this album. Because sometimes, knowing where you don’t want to go is all the direction you need."

lmao that's why your album is garbage dude

see5harp

toni still slays lives and careers though, even when it includes her own

usher is a better example

Not really Usher just released a very solid album. Linkin Park has never done so. They are like slightly more relevant to music history as Len and I don't even think LP has ever made a song as good as Steal My Sunshine.

I have no idea what the hell is going on with this thread or the OP, but I'd just like to say I like Linkin Park (well MTM and before, but still). Sue me.

No offense to their fans, but I can't believe grown people fuck with LP in 2014. That shit was middle school/high school shit that worked for awhile, but even as a teen I started recognizing their song structure gimmicks and tropes.

You can say this for a great many number of mainstream music artists.

I mean, I feel the same about Eminem despite being a fan of his earlier stuff.

You can say this for a great many number of mainstream music artists.

I mean, I feel the same about Eminem despite being a fan of his earlier stuff.

Well yea, Eminem is trash today and makes horrible music that tends to appeal to people who don't actually listen to hip hop. So I can understand why he still has fans. But those people who were pre-teens or teens when he first came out? I don't get how they can listen to new Eminem and think "oh man, this is great!" He's horrible now and his lyrical content hasn't really evolved at all (although I love Headlights).

LP has hardcore adult fans. That shit just blows my mind.

I just can't.

So there's this guy called Mike Shinoda (I don't know him) and he said that Chvrches sound like "Disney commercial music".

Can you believe that?

Then Chvrches said that they will continue not to buy Linkin Park albums.

Can you say SALTY!?

I am Pinocchio face down in a shallow pool of water right now.

Does anyone have a gif of Chester Bennington's ass to help settle this?

iCTLaFr39RF3U.gif

amnesiac

I saw Chvrches live awhile ago and they were fantastic.

Linkin Park fucking suck. Go write another song for Transformers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom