• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

oMG guys, Chvrches just slayed Linkin Park - there is tea EVERYWHERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

tumblr_n7wsivKcOF1rxcygdo1_400.gif

OP

You will NEVER be glamor.

G-Fex

i6hxaQyk0jwvw.gif

I just can't.

So there's this guy called Mike Shinoda (I don't know him) and he said that Chvrches sound like "Disney commercial music".

Can you believe that?

Then Chvrches said that they will continue not to buy Linkin Park albums.

Can you say SALTY!?

I am Pinocchio face down in a shallow pool of water right now.

Does anyone have a gif of Chester Bennington's ass to help settle this?

AlexMogil

There is a Chester's chicken
There is a churches chicken
There is a Mayberry chicken

Finger Linkin good

Salty

Chicken

Hybrid Theory's first week sales probably outsold all of Chvrches's discog combined.

Chvrches has a lot to do before reaching critical mass like LP did and - from what I heard from Chvrches - they sound just as generic and formulaic as LP.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just like Chvrches. Only Chester at least can sing. Try listening to Lauren Mayberry sing anything live. Terribly weak voice and cannot hold a tune. It's cringe worthy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J74kRMW2lLg&list=RDJ74kRMW2lLg

That was fucking painful to listen too.

Not really a fan of either Linkin Park or Chvrches. Fort Minor has some great tracks, but I'm inclined to think that's through the strength of Shinoda's collaborations rather than his rapping skill.

edit: oh shit I'm stupid, you got me tapiozona

sn00zer

Bob Dylan could probably out-sing Lauren Mayberry. Yes, her voice is that bad in real life.

Im going to need some proof of this, because Bob Dylan is literally on one fo the worst singers to evr have a successful music career....great writer...terrible singer

And The Spice Girls outsold Bob Dylan. What's your point?

That doesn't make Bob Dylan any better, though - if that was your point.

Point is, LP has its place in history (for the many sales record and accolades won over the years) and rightfully so - kind of premature for Chvrches to diss them when barely anyone is aware of their existence

linsivvi

Point is, LP has its place in history (for the many sales record and accolades won over the years) and rightfully so - kind of premature for Chvrches to diss them when barely anyone is aware of their existence

They didn't diss them. She just said it's not her kind of music so she wouldn't buy their album, probably.

No it doesn't make him better. That's my point. Sales aren't an indicator of quality and certainly not of artistic superiority. They have their place in rock history, just as McDonalds has their place in burger history.

No it doesn't make him better. That's my point. Sales aren't an indicator of quality and certainly not of artistic superiority. They have their place in rock history, just as McDonalds has their place in burger history.

But Chvrches needs to know its place, though. And that's not dissing industry giants.

Kinda hate when small "indie" (read: overly manufactured) bands start playing the elitist card. Chvrches's style is nothing new and the vocalist is terrible, as said above.

But Chvrches needs to know its place, though. And that's not dissing industry giants.

Kinda hate when small "indie" (read: overly manufactured) bands start playing the elitist card. Chvrches's style is nothing new and the vocalist is terrible, as said above.
So if you sell enough you can say what you want, and you're immune from a response by the little guys?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard

so the proper response for them would be something like:

"garsh, i just don't know if i should say something. maybe when we have the prestige of an institution like linkin park i will be mentally capable of formulating a response to someone publicly trashing my music."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom