• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park - The Hunting Party |OT| Where are the carnivores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make that 2/5 tracks I honestly enjoy. "The Final Masquerade" sounds like cookie cutter radio singles they're known for. The only promising track is "Guilty All The Same" but even that is boring me.

Overall I'm really disappointed. They should've manned up and ran with the sound they developed on A Thousand Suns. No more of this throwing all the styles together. Only thing it creates is a mediocre product.

Zombine

Banned
Listen to Final Masquerade. Seriously. I doubted the lyrics and Chesters voice before that song as well. FM is a fucking simple ballad but Chester really brings it to another level.

Checked that song out and the lyrics were still bad but it sat better with me than the rest of the album. I also should probably say that I'm not a big fan of this genre that LP is fooling around with for this album to begin with. That's why I'm personally turned off to it. What I would like to know is where this album fits on the scale of music in this genre to give me a better idea of if it's good or not.

Synless

For talking about Hybrid Theory being a huge draw of inspiration for this album they sure are releasing a lot of songs that suck.

Mario007

Checked that song out and the lyrics were still bad but it sat better with me than the rest of the album. I also should probably say that I'm not a big fan of this genre that LP is fooling around with for this album to begin with. That's why I'm personally turned off to it. What I would like to know is where this album fits on the scale of music in this genre to give me a better idea of if it's good or not.
I'm not too excited about this album either, but Rebellion and FM are very good songs. FM is probably their best ballad and it's all thanks to Chester's voice. It's a nice take on the 80s music by the band.

I hope for a return to ATS or at least to the second experimental half of LT. But I'm hearing good things about the long songs at the end of THP so I'm looking forward to them.

But my God are the lyrics in other songs awful. All For Nothing just leaked and it's absolutely dreadful lyrics wise.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hey guys we need to beat Lana Del Ray 's new record. She's going make a good slow pop dance record . BUT WE WILL DESTROY IT WITH ROCK!!
Source

They have matured a lot.
gi.gif

The entire album can currently be streamed on itunes. I'm actually quite enjoying some of the other songs not released yet.

Manu

I liked the album, but I'm gonna need a few more listens before giving a final judgement.

I don't want another Living Things situation lol

Sai-kun

Banned
The only songs I really enjoyed, unfortunately, were: All For Nothing, Mark The Graves, Final Masquerade, and A Line In The Sand. Everything else I found pretty intolerable :/

Hopefully LP can bring me back in 2016 or whenever their next album comes out. Not gonna spend much time hating on this, just gonna keep listening to the tunes of theirs that I like :)

Dominator

This is solid. Better than Minutes to Midnight but worse than A Thousand Suns and Living Things (I like both of those a lot). The best song Linkin Park has made since their first two albums is Lost in the Echo and nothing on here beats that.

I wish they would make albums like Hybrid Theory and Meteora, but I can appreciate the need to evolve, and hey, I still enjoy the music for whats it worth.

I'll be picking this up next week.

Sai-kun

Banned
I gotta say, I always love the art that LP gets done for their album. Always top notch.

Anyways, I did a little thinking, and I'm probably in the outskirts here, but this is my LP album ranking:

Living Things > Meteora > Hybrid Theory = A Thousand Suns > Minutes To Midnight > The Hunting Party

Hey, Wastelands is actually pretty great! (aside form Chester's lyrics, Mike is fine)

Might actually pick this one up after hating their last 2 albums.

KeRaSh

Listening to it on iTunes right now. I like all the tracks they've release so far except Rebellion. Not a fan of that one.
Wastelands and Masquerade are definitely my favorites so far but Keys to the Kingdom is already a great start.
Already preordered the album.

Dominator

I gotta say, I always love the art that LP gets done for their album. Always top notch.

Anyways, I did a little thinking, and I'm probably in the outskirts here, but this is my LP album ranking:

Living Things > Meteora > Hybrid Theory = A Thousand Suns > Minutes To Midnight > The Hunting Party
If were ranking, I'll go:

Hybrid Theory > Meteora > Living Things > A Thousand Suns > The Hunting Party > Minutes to Midnight

I'd probably throw Collision Course after A Thousand Suns if I were to count that. I really loved that collaboration .

Laranja

I've listened to the album a couple of times and there are definitely a few tracks that I really like, but overall I think it's just OK.

I think the fact that they released so many songs before the album came out (and that I couldn't resist listening to them) is really ruining it for me.

flozuki

it's really him? pathetic.

Well, you perhaps should post the whole thing. Even if you don't like the guys, he is a very humble person and he is a Del Rey fan by the way :)

And judging anything on a tweet like this is like me saying that you should work a lot on your information literacy because you haven't done your research.

edit: Haven't heard the album yet, want to get my impression with the highest quality possible and will wait until friday for the release in Europe.

Mononoke

Banned
I only listened once casually, but I actually dug it (and this is coming from someone that actually liked A Thousand Sun's). But it was only a casual listen, need to listen again. I like that they are going back to a more stripped down rock sound (wasn't a fan of Minutes to Midnight though).

I've done a total 180 on the songs I didn't like. They make total sense in the context of the album. Mike's flow sounds fantastic on this album. I love the aggression by Chester on a lot of the songs, too. This album's unsung hero goes to Brad Delson.

My album rankins

A Thousand Suns=The Hunting Party>Reanimation>Hybrid Theory>Meteora>Minutes To Midnight>Living Things=Recharged

Reave

Definitely think LP has gotten better in recent years, but I haven't been feeling those non-leaked tracks that I've heard so far. This album's sound sounds a bit forced. Kinda hard to explain without hearing the whole album, but I guess the whole rock-driven concept doesn't feel natural to me based on what I've listened to so far.

Synless

Well, after listening to this several times I am left mildly disappointed. Certainly not the alternate Hybrid Theory promised in the interview, but better than other past efforts. I am further convinced they will never live up to Hybrid Theory and Meteora, I should just accept this.

zulux21

Listening to it on iTunes right now. I like all the tracks they've release so far except Rebellion. Not a fan of that one.
Wastelands and Masquerade are definitely my favorites so far but Keys to the Kingdom is already a great start.
Already preordered the album.

I personally found Rebellion to be one of the better songs, but that is likely because I am really in the mood for a new system of a down song and it sounds like a reworked SOAD song :p

anyways I am not a fan of keys to the kingdom, the summoning, drawbar (never been huge into instrumentals)

I am a fan of guilty all the same (well the first 3 min or so... I find the rap that comes in for the last 2 min rather pointless and i will likely edit it out if I ever put it on my mp3 player), until it's gone (though I find the lyrics a bit... lacking), Rebellion, final masquerade,

and I think all for nothing, War (it's kind of punky, it's somewhat fun), Wastelands, mark the graves (slim chance, but I will put it here, I just don't like how the song flows), a line in the sand (i would prefer if it was about 2 min shorter) might grow on me

end thoughts though are it's a decent album, with a good chance to grow on me as I listen to it more, thus I will have to add it to my LP collection :p

For me its definitely one of their best efforts on a technical level for sure, lyrics were pretty good on most songs besides on Until its Gone which to me is the weakest song on the album.

The biggest surprise was how much Brads guitar riffs and solos along with Robs drumming abilities shined through and stole the spotlight of the whole album (especially War) they really stepped their game up which for me was something they lacked in some of the last albums.

Overall I wasn't expecting this type of aggression from the band and I'm so glad they left the electronic route. All I wanted was some some excellent guitar riffs along with some heavy drum work and Chester/Mikes combination of screams and lyricism and that's exactly what I got. Faith restored and this album will be bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom