• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

oMG guys, Chvrches just slayed Linkin Park - there is tea EVERYWHERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Also, something that's been bothering me...

PopGAF for the most part doesn't use the word "Salty."

That's more a bro/GAF-HOP thing.

We in PopGAF would use the words "pressed" or "bothered."

Carry on.

gutshot

That doesn't make Bob Dylan any better, though - if that was your point.

Point is, LP has its place in history (for the many sales record and accolades won over the years) and rightfully so - kind of premature for Chvrches to diss them when barely anyone is aware of their existence

Chvrches didn't diss them though. Mike Shinoda dissed Chvrches for no apparent reason and she was asked her opinion of his comments and basically said 'whatever',

Akahige

sounds like something that probably taken out of context and turned into a clickbait article.

Edit* yup I read the Shinoda interviews, he in no way dissed them or any of the bands.

overcast

LP is garbage and Shinoda is a hack. Chvrches make admittably accessible, but fun music. It's soft pop, doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Fort Minor sucks too though.

“There’s so much music out there,” he said. “There’s so much stuff that sounds like HAIM or CHVRCHES or Vampire Weekend that I’m full. The thing I’m hungry for is not that. I turn on the rock station in L.A. and it sounds like Disney commercial music.”

mike shinoda you stupid motherfucker.

Cheebo

Banned
But Chvrches needs to know its place, though. And that's not dissing industry giants.

Kinda hate when small "indie" (read: overly manufactured) bands start playing the elitist card. Chvrches's style is nothing new and the vocalist is terrible, as said above.

You do realize LP attacked Chvrches right? Chvrches just responded when the press asks them what they thought about the comments from LP. Chvrches didn't attack anyone. Chvrches didn't even attack Linkin Park in their response!

Interesting to see some of the comments about Shinoda. As a rapper he's solid if a little stereotypical underground in his style. He's got solid beat selection and chooses the right artists to collaborate with to compliment his style in regards to his hip hop stuff.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Chvrches loses because where are all their sick DBZ fan music videos?

Linkin Park: 1
Chvrches: 0

Dead

well not really...yet
But Chvrches needs to know its place, though. And that's not dissing industry giants.

Kinda hate when small "indie" (read: overly manufactured) bands start playing the elitist card. Chvrches's style is nothing new and the vocalist is terrible, as said above.
What is this. I don't even...

soultron

Banned
Both are right. Mayburry's voice is way too sugary for me.

They sound like a boring, poppier version of M83 with a constant female vocalist. I dislike LP as much as anyone, but I agree with Shinoda's comment. Bands like Churches are very much the "in" thing right now and I'm sick of the saccharine, throwback europop/synth/etc bullshit.

Hate me all you want, pop-GAF.

Kade

The Dragon Ball Z music video band vs the Hunger Games music video band.

I like DBZ more so I am on that team.

Chvches sounds like elevator music produced by Dr. Luke. Not a good look. And their singer literally can't sing. Even Jhene Aiko would cringe at that shit.

soultron

Banned
Chvches sounds like elevator music produced by Dr. Luke. Not a good look. And their singer literally can't sing. Even Jhene Aiko would cringe at that shit.

The disjointed feel I get between the two "musicians" and the vocalist is hilarious. It sounds like they make the backing track in another room while she writes a song elsewhere and then they meet up to do show and tell at the same time while recording.

I just do not understand the appeal.

Amagon

I just can't.

So there's this guy called Mike Shinoda (I don't know him) and he said that Chvrches sound like "Disney commercial music".

Can you believe that?

Then Chvrches said that they will continue not to buy Linkin Park albums.

Can you say SALTY!?

I am Pinocchio face down in a shallow pool of water right now.

Does anyone have a gif of Chester Bennington's ass to help settle this?
gDC8id9.gif

DaNcaKe

I remember reading an interview with Chvrches and they said that there music is better in the studio rather than live, and after watching a few of their earlier performances I agreed. She seems to have sorted her vocals somewhat, and the bands timing seems to be getting better; they played last weekend at Glasto and I really enjoyed their set.

Pretty big fan of both bands, but Shinoda comes off as a little trashy by naming and shaming 3 bands that have done well commercially, just as they have.

Salsa

chvrches is okay

except for the name

I just felt like a dumbass typing it

just call yourself Churches ffs

McBryBry

I'm a Linkin Park fan. Well, early stuff anyway. There's some new songs that are catchy but mostly nowhere near as good as Hybrid Theory and Meteora.

I can't stand Chvrches.
1) I just don't like their music.
2) They need to learn to spell. It's CHURCHES. With a U. I'm sick of this stupid "Oh, we're clever because we replaced a U with a V!" bullshit. There was a band at my Warped date today called Pvris and I avoided them for that reason.

Wazzy

Banned
I don't understand why people always resort to generalizing LP's music.

Dislike it all you want, they've tried different sounds multiple times and they have some great tracks.

Anyways artists attacking each other is so annoying. Just shut up and work on your own music.

mikeyw85

Banned
I guess it's cool to dislike Linkin Park because they sell quite a lot of records.

I still like them and I get critised for this because i'm 28, but also liked them when I was 14. Yet there's always a lot of people who complain about anything they did over the last 10 years, as if they shouldn't have changed.

Just listened to thos HEALTH links posted, and I think they're pretty aweful.

pants

I guess it's cool to dislike Linkin Park because they sell quite a lot of records.
I love how you guys always try and make it about critics being 'h8rs'

Thats really not why people dislike them. Nickleback sells a lot of records too, do you think they are disliked because of that primarily?

NinjaBoiX

I really like CHVRCHES even if they are quite twee.

linkin Park are cheese on toast.
Grimløck;119336744 said:
is the V a U like those hipster romans?
It's for Google searches. Try typing "churches" into Google, you won't hit the band that's for sure.

Dennis

Banned
I don't understand why people always resort to generalizing LP's music.

Dislike it all you want, they've tried different sounds multiple times and they have some great tracks.

Anyways artists attacking each other is so annoying. Just shut up and work on your own music.

Wazzy

Banned
^^ lol that's a pretty great image.

I love how you guys always try and make it about critics being 'h8rs'

Thats really not why people dislike them. Nickleback sells a lot of records too, do you think they are disliked because of that primarily?
The band has tried many different styles and yet they're still generalized as being emo and all the other silly insults they get.

It's fair to not like them but it seems every LP hater just looks at HT and says the band is shit.

Which is funny because while I'm calling that attitude out, I like HT and Meteora the best.

Reanimation is legitimately good, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom