• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3: Blizzard Mountain Expansion - coming December 13th

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
They need to make some improvements to the PC version for me to spend more on this game. At the least, fix the wheel issues introduced in the November update like the wheel dpad no longer working on the map. Performance isn't terrible on my rig, mostly just drops to the mid 50s with rare stutters into the 40s in hectic areas, but I still need to see some improvements there too before shelling out more. Specially since I still have finished all the races in the base game.

Montresor

Would be curious to see it. I've put nearly 10 hours on the PC game and never once experienced it.

It could be like the Rise Of The Tomb Raider issue, where some people somehow, miraculously saw input lag on XB1 and PS4 versions (they fixed it for PS4 version). And I use the words somehow and miraculously only because I did not notice any of that lag. But it's real and affected people enough for Nixxes to fix the PS4 version. So maybe you're like me and you don't notice the lag.

ANYWAY, here's the full achievement list for Blizzard Mountain. To drive home the point that this is feeling/looking like a full Forza Horizon game. Seems so meaty. I'm really excited to play this:

Welcome to Base Camp / 10gs / Open the Blizzard Mountain Festival.
Just Getting STARted / 10gs / Earn your first star at Blizzard Mountain.
Triple Star Performance / 10gs / Earn 3 Stars at a single route at Blizzard Mountain.
Ding Ding / 10gs / Reach Round 2 of King of the Mountain.
Final Bout / 20gs / Reach the final round of King of the Mountain.
Going Supernova / 30gs / Get every possible star at Blizzard Mountain.
And Long May They Reign / 20gs / Complete every single King of the Mountain Race.
Frozen in Time / 10gs / Find the Blizzard Mountain Barn Find and Restore it.
It's Not Over / 10gs / Complete a Blizzard Mountain Championship.
Mountain Mastery / 30gs / Complete every Blizzard Mountain Championship.
Hail to the King / 50gs / Win the Kingmaker.
Snowboarding / 20gs / Smash every Blizzard Mountain Bonus Board.
Winter Wonderland / 20gs / View every Beauty Spot on Blizzard Mountain.
Snow and Tell / 10gs / Blueprint a Blizzard Mountain Bucket List Challenge.
Needs More Blizzard / 10gs / Blueprint a King of the Mountain race, set weather to "Blizzard" and complete it.
Still Never Found That Yeti / 20gs / Drive down every road in Blizzard Mountain.
The Ice Breaker / 10gs / Complete a Blizzard Mountain Bucket List.
Everyday I'm Shovellin' / 20gs / Complete all Blizzard Mountain Bucket Lists.
Chillin' With Friends / 20gs / Complete 20 Online races across Online Freeroam and Online Adventure at Blizzard Mountain.
Ice to See You / 10gs / Complete 5 Co-op Blizzard Mountain Races.
All Downhill from Here / 20gs / Finish a Mountain Rush Descent race in the 2016 Ford GYMKHANA 9 Focus RS RX in under 2 minutes.
What's "Safety"? / 20gs / Beat the Ski Jump World Record (825ft) from a Danger Sign in the 1975 Lancia Stratos HF Group 4.
Slip Sliding / 20gs / Drift the 1985 Lancia Delta S4 Group B for 35,000 points in a Drift Zone on Blizzard Mountain.
Snowdown / 20gs / Smash 10 Snowmen in the 2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept.
Personally, I Prefer the Air / 20gs / Pull off 10 Ultimate Air skills in the RJ Anderson #37 Pro 2 Truck on Blizzard Mountain.
It's Still Got It! / 20gs / Win a Race with a Blizzard in the 1966 Ford F-100 Flareside Abatti Racing Trophy Truck.
Snowboating / 20gs / Get 100,000 Score in one Chain in the 2016 Subaru #199 WRX STI VT15r Rally Car on Blizzard Mountain.
Gliding It Home / 10gs / Win a King of the Mountain Race without Snow Tires.

LostDonkey

How's that input lag treating you? Check out the PC performance thread. You might not notice any of this, but it's far from amazing, even now. I even upgraded my system and it still runs like shit.

What input lag??

I set my screen to 30hz and turn Vsync off. It feels amazing, nothing like it does at 60hz 30fps.

Chrisdk

People really need to stop pre ordering games. How can devs learn to be better if folks hand over their money before reviews.

Luckily i will be buying it on my Xbox One. I had no problems with that version.

LostDonkey

Seriously just google "Forza Horizon 3 30FPS PC input lag" and take a look at how may threads there are on the official forums, GAF, Reddit, etc. It's a well documented issue whether you notice it or not.

Why would I Google something when it's in front of my face?

There is no input lag on my setup at 30hz 30fps.

It's the same as running 60hz 60fps.

Gambit61

Seriously just google "Forza Horizon 3 30FPS PC input lag" and take a look at how may threads there are on the official forums, GAF, Reddit, etc. It's a well documented issue whether you notice it or not.

Maybe these guys have a magical version with no input lag. I can barely keep my car straight or take any turn because the lag is so bad at 30fps for me.

jacobeid

Banned
Why would I Google something when it's in front of my face?

There is no input lag on my setup at 30hz 30fps.

It's the same as running 60hz 60fps.

You could just say that you don't notice it, which I'm jealous of. It's there if you're playing at 30FPS despite your conviction.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst74396_how-to-fix-the-30fps-input-lag.aspx

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...eels-kinda-delay-with-SOLID-30-FPS-on-PC.aspx

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst75775_Stuttering-and-30fps-Input-Lag.aspx

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst72803_INPUT-LAG-WHEN-I-USE-30-FPS.aspx

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst70559_Input-lag-when-I-use-30-fps-cap.aspx

https://m.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54m0gq/is_anyone_else_getting_input_lag_on_forza_horizon/

Maybe these guys have a magical version with no input lag. I can barely keep my car straight or take any turn because the lag is so bad at 30fps for me.

You and me both.

Noobcraft

It's really frustrating. It's also not an issue with hardware. My laptop has an 6700HQ, a 1060, and 16GB of ram. Running latest drivers, and the controller is an Xbox One using the official wireless adapter.
I've heard that limiting it to 30fps with the Nvidia control panel helps remove the input lag (not using the ingame option).

jacobeid

Banned
All those are 30fps at 60hz.

You're not listening to me

That's ignoring all the problems for people with 1080p 60hz sets who don't want to mess with their refresh rates. It didn't even work for me either when I tried it because other aspects of the game became too broken for me to even test it.

I tried locking it at 24, 30 and 48hz with shitty results.
For me, the game was broken beyond repair, and i had to refund it.

Also this.

LostDonkey

I tried locking it at 24, 30 and 48hz with shitty results.
For me, the game was broken beyond repair, and i had to refund it.

On a monitor or TV out of interest?

I'm using a Samsung 4k TV in PC Mode at 3840x2160 30p, Using the in game 30fps cap and turning Vsync off.

I've played over 100 hours like this and it's absolutely fantastic.

Theorry

Can we talk about the expansion? There is a PC performance thread.
Really hope we can drive on some ice also. Would be great.

Pakoe

On a monitor or TV out of interest?

I'm using a Samsung 4k TV in PC Mode at 3840x2160 30p, Using the in game 30fps cap and turning Vsync off.

I've played over 100 hours like this and it's absolutely fantastic.

Monitor, but that shouldn't make a difference tbh.
I tried in-game options, via the NV Control Panel and with the NV Inspector.
Nothing unfortunately worked.

JoseDFrog

Banned
Nice try MS. Call me when my Ultimate Edition stops running like shit before you ask for more of my money. I swear every time I get thing running fine one day, it breaks the next time.

jacobeid

Banned
Nice try MS. Call me when my Ultimate Edition stops running like shit before you ask for more of my money. I swear every time I get thing running fine one day, it breaks the next time.

Did your game break this weekend too?! Mine was running at an acceptable state on Friday and now the sound is all messed up and it runs at 5fps regardless of my settings. PM me if you don't want to discuss here.

Montresor

A bit of a nitpick but I wish they added more driver avatars

I hate all the choices.

They covered a wide range of ethnicities and genders.

I picked the Indian (brown) girl and named her Vivian, after an Indian girl that I dated briefly. It's fun to pop into Forza Horizon 3 every now and then and have the car's AI say "Welcome back, Vivian".

Cowie

Kind of hope it's easier to get to than Storm Island was.. not that it was incredibly difficult to get there, but it made switching between the two locations just annoying enough that it became a hassle. I don't care if you just attach it by a tunnel to disguise the load, but I hated having to drive to the southern edge of the map and indicate that I wanted to switch maps, felt kinda antithetical to what is so great about horizon.

Sydle

Can we talk about the expansion? There is a PC performance thread.
Really hope we can drive on some ice also. Would be great.

Sorry, just one more bit of evidence to show it's not a universal problem...

If you're playing at 30fps it's happening and you might just not notice it. Switching to 60fps completely removed any input lag. This is well documented.

It's really frustrating. It's also not an issue with hardware. My laptop has an 6700HQ, a 1060, and 16GB of ram. Running latest drivers, and the controller is an Xbox One using the official wireless adapter.

It could be like the Rise Of The Tomb Raider issue, where some people somehow, miraculously saw input lag on XB1 and PS4 versions (they fixed it for PS4 version). And I use the words somehow and miraculously only because I did not notice any of that lag. But it's real and affected people enough for Nixxes to fix the PS4 version. So maybe you're like me and you don't notice the lag.

Not for everyone apparently. I just started it up and didn't notice any input lag. See for yourself, and apologies for cell phone footage. Running on 1070, 16GB of ram, and i7 3770.

I don't doubt some people are experiencing input lag, just like some people experience input lag on the Xbox One dashboard, but it's not universal. I would agree they should fix it so it works well for everyone and I don't blame some folks for being cautious with their money.

Anyway, I'm really excited for this expansion. I think PG did a fantastic job with Storm Island, so I'm looking forward to what they bring to the table.

Kind of hope it's easier to get to than Storm Island was.. not that it was incredibly difficult to get there, but it made switching between the two locations just annoying enough that it became a hassle. I don't care if you just attach it by a tunnel to disguise the load, but I hated having to drive to the southern edge of the map and indicate that I wanted to switch maps, felt kinda antithetical to what is so great about horizon.

Yeah. It'd be great if we can just drive to Blizzard Mountain from the main map.

In all likelihood, though, we're taking a plain trip to New Zealand.

Madness

snow-day-down-under-2-19080-1437096304-5_dblbig.jpg

6635624-3x2-940x627.jpg

Lol. I love how just having a Kangaroo in the pic represents Australia.

This sounds like a good update. FH3 is nice with its beaches and outback and forest drives. Will be good to get snow and blizzards and mountain driving. Sounds like it will be better than Storm Island for FH2.

Montresor

Yeah. It'd be great if we can just drive to Blizzard Mountain from the main map.

In all likelihood, though, we're taking a plain trip to New Zealand.

Well hopefully no matter where you are in the map, you can push a button or menu item to instantly travel to Blizzard Mountain.

Gestault

It's in the OP text, but not highlighted: Ultimate Edition owners get $10 off Expansion Pass through the end of 2016.

Also, just so people are understanding the argument before on PC performance, if you're using the in-game 30 fps limiter, it introduces some input delay. If you either use your display setting or a video-card setting, there's no added delay and it plays perfectly. The game has a hitching issue that keeps 60 fps from feeling smooth in some locations. I lucked out and was barely effected by this outside of the downtown area, but it's widely experienced issue when targeting 60 fps.

I'm surprised there's not a trailer going up at the same time as the full announcement.

jacobeid

Banned
Sorry, just one more bit of evidence to show it's not a universal problem...

Not for everyone apparently. I just started it up and didn't notice any input lag. See for yourself, and apologies for cell phone footage. Running on 1070, 16GB of ram, and i7 3770.

I don't doubt some people are experiencing input lag, just like some people experience input lag on the Xbox One dashboard, but it's not universal. I would agree they should fix it so it works well for everyone and I don't blame some folks for being cautious with their money.

Anyway, I'm really excited for this expansion. I think PG did a fantastic job with Storm Island, so I'm looking forward to what they bring to the table.

I mean, you can even see in your video how it takes a split-second to react to you pushing the stick.....this doesn't exist on the XB1 version. I'm glad you don't notice it but it makes the game unplayable for me. Turning to 60fps changes the game so the car immediately turns when you push the stick.

Klocker

Hmmm I already bought the expansion packs but man this is sounding like all extreme winter weather with rally cars mostly..

Was hoping for some chill snowy landscapes with less severe weather just to enjoy ALL the cars without extremes.

I know you can add snow tires to all cars but hoping that means plenty of streets with light snow to just cruise on and not all offload snow driving

Top Bottom