• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3: Blizzard Mountain Expansion - coming December 13th

Sydle

I mean, you can even see in your video how it takes a split-second to react to you pushing the stick.....this doesn't exist on the XB1 version. I'm glad you don't notice it but it makes the game unplayable for me. Turning to 60fps changes the game so the car immediately turns when you push the stick.

It feels exactly the same to me on XB1. I agree that 60fps feels a bit better, as per usual with practically any game, but this is a far cry from 2-3 seconds of lag.

I'm glad to take this discussion into the FH3 performance thread if you wish.

The sand in the main game still impresses me to this day, so I can't wait to see what snow looks like in this. Screenshot thread's going to be insane.

jacobeid

Banned
It feels exactly the same to me on XB1. I agree that 60fps feels a bit better, as per usual with practically any game, but this is a far cry from 2-3 seconds of lag.

I'm glad to take this discussion into the FH3 performance thread if you wish.

Come join the party lol. Been there since the launch of the Ultimate Edition. I compared my copy on PC directly next to my friend's copy on XB1 and the difference was pretty outstanding. Even tried to switch monitors and TVs and all of that stuff. Who knows, but they need to fix it and people should be warned before giving the devs more money.

Also note that I definitely disagreed that the input lag was 2-3 seconds. It's nowhere near that as someone earlier suggested.

On a monitor or TV out of interest?

I'm using a Samsung 4k TV in PC Mode at 3840x2160 30p, Using the in game 30fps cap and turning Vsync off.

I've played over 100 hours like this and it's absolutely fantastic.

plz provide a video showing your magic copy of forza horizon 3 without input lag at 30 fps

Sorry, just one more bit of evidence to show it's not a universal problem...

Not for everyone apparently. I just started it up and didn't notice any input lag. See for yourself, and apologies for cell phone footage. Running on 1070, 16GB of ram, and i7 3770.

I don't doubt some people are experiencing input lag, just like some people experience input lag on the Xbox One dashboard, but it's not universal. I would agree they should fix it so it works well for everyone and I don't blame some folks for being cautious with their money.

Anyway, I'm really excited for this expansion. I think PG did a fantastic job with Storm Island, so I'm looking forward to what they bring to the table.

that input lag is horrific. be glad you arent bothered by it

snow-day-down-under-2-19080-1437096304-5_dblbig.jpg

6635624-3x2-940x627.jpg

HA,HA,HA, this made me lol, thank you!

i'm not exaggerating. I'll see if I can make a video of it, but it's a 2-3 second delay of input lag.

It goes away if I put the frame rate to 60fps, but then you run into all the issues that that has.

Oh man. 3+ seconds of input lag? That's absolutely horrendous and the worst I've ever seen or heard of on any type of electronic product with an input. Is that just with this game?

jesu

Kind of hope it's easier to get to than Storm Island was.. not that it was incredibly difficult to get there, but it made switching between the two locations just annoying enough that it became a hassle. I don't care if you just attach it by a tunnel to disguise the load, but I hated having to drive to the southern edge of the map and indicate that I wanted to switch maps, felt kinda antithetical to what is so great about horizon.

Bit late now but if you didn't want to fast travel, starting a Storm Island online freeroam took you straight to the island then you could go solo.
Assuming you've got XBLG that is.

Oh man. 3+ seconds of input lag? That's absolutely horrendous and the worst I've ever seen or heard of on any type of electronic product with an input. Is that just with this game?

hes exaggerating. its probably between 100 and 150ms. but that is disgustingly bad and unless you have the most extreme tolerance it renders the game unplayable

plc268

Won't touch until they fix the PC-version.

Seriously, it's the worst AAA PC-port I've seen. It's still completely unplayable with 6700K 4.5GHz + 32GB 3200MHz + GTX1080 8GB + NVMe SSD, and now they have the audacity to charge for this crap.

I've got similar specs to you, and my game ran like crap for a while until I figured out I had bad memory. Ever since I swapped that memory out, it's been running at 90fps @1440p.

shpankey

not an idiot
Not disputing anyone here, and maybe it's b/c I have a G-Sync monitor, but I don't have any input lag at all, and the game runs well for me. GeForce 980ti, pretty much top of the line everything else (Intel 750 1.2g SSD, Skylake i7 @ 4.3, 32G Ram, etc).

jacobeid

Banned
Not disputing anyone here, and maybe it's b/c I have a G-Sync monitor, but I don't have any input lag at all, and the game runs well for me. GeForce 980ti, pretty much top of the line everything else (Intel 750 1.2g SSD, Skylake i7 @ 4.3, 32G Ram, etc).

If you're running at 60 (which you likely are with that rig) then there is no input lag.

I've got similar specs to you, and my game ran like crap for a while until I figured out I had bad memory. Ever since I swapped that memory out, it's been running at 90fps @1440p.

Bad memory? How specifically, and how did you find out?

I think my RAM is fine. No issues in other games, and no errors in memtest or WMD.

Gestault

Sometimes a specific game can butt up against a previously unseen corrupted RAM sector, but that'll just cause a hard crash, as far as I know.

drotahorror

It goes away if I put the frame rate to 60fps, but then you run into all the issues that that has.

What are the issues it has at 60fps? I played the game basically maxed out @60fps with no drops that I could see (a drop to 55 is noticeable to me, never got one). Never noticed much input lag. I haven't played since they put out a patch. I only played it the first 2 or 3 days.

What are the issues it has at 60fps? I played the game basically maxed out @60fps with no drops that I could see (a drop to 55 is noticeable to me, never got one). Never noticed much input lag. I haven't played since they put out a patch. I only played it the first 2 or 3 days.

actually maintaining 60 fps is impossible, avoiding stutter/frame skipping/frame pacing issues is impossible

drotahorror

actually maintaining 60 fps is impossible, avoiding stutter/frame skipping/frame pacing issues is impossible

The first thing I did in the game on launch day was go to surfers paradise. That area was supposedly destroying FPS. Not for me though, 60fps.

Was on a fresh install of w10, a brand new SSD, 6700k, gtx 1080.

I also wonder if the people with inpug lag still have game DVR on.

This is my old post the day the game came out

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218268476&postcount=1752

I did get the festival in Surfers paradise. Everything was cool. Maybe I should go back and play it, I stopped there.

Ocho

Won't touch until they fix the PC-version.

Seriously, it's the worst AAA PC-port I've seen. It's still completely unplayable with 6700K 4.5GHz + 32GB 3200MHz + GTX1080 8GB + NVMe SSD, and now they have the audacity to charge for this crap.

Have the same setup and running perfectly fine /shrug

i mean there gets to be a certain point where it's like take it or leave it. if it doesn't perform up to your personal standards or you have issues running it on your hardware, that's fine.. maybe contact Microsoft about a refund, but it just bogs down discussion about this game all over the internet.

rakanishu

Banned
theres enough judder/stutter in the first 60 seconds alone to give me a headache. dont even need a frame counter(which you dont have enabled) to know thats not at all a smooth 60 fps.

Welp. Either you should get that checked out, or my G-sync is doing something crazy that makes it look smooth to me. It's not locked at 60, but it far from an unplayable mess like people are calling it.

edit: I will say, that I see some judder during transitions in my drifts in the video, but that is mostly because I'm playing a taxing game and recording at 150mbps so the codec is struggling to keep up.

Ocho

Welp. Either you should get that checked out, or my G-sync is doing something crazy that makes it look smooth to me. It's not locked at 60, but it far from an unplayable mess like people are calling it.

IT DIPS BELOW 60?! UN-PLAY-ABLEEEEEE.

I didn't even notice my game was locked at 30 fps when I first played the demo. The game just feels fine.

Gestault

theres enough judder/stutter in the first 60 seconds alone to give me a headache. dont even need a frame counter(which you dont have enabled) to know thats not at all a smooth 60 fps.

Err, I think there may be something on your end causing a problem with the video. I wouldn't call that stuttery. I checked it on a work machine and my phone. That's a decent 60 fps match, or close enough to it to be reasonable.

Skip ahead to 8:45

I've never experienced stuttering like that before either. Frequent drops from 60fps to mid 50's, which was annoying enough, but the stuttering you're experiencing is something else.

Yeah, I don't have any framedrops per se, just stuttering. Framerate can be a constant 60 or 34 while stuttering like this.

I don't know if I drive through that exact area, but 10 minutes into my video I go into the rain forest. I've never seen stuttering like you're experiencing in that video. Not even close.

Yeah, it's weird. It didn't stutter like this in my previous session. I restarted the game and it was like this.

How do you enable G-Sync for Forza?

Have the same setup and running perfectly fine /shrug

Are you playing at 30fps, 60fps or unlocked?

edit: I will say, that I see some judder during transitions in my drifts in the video, but that is mostly because I'm playing a taxing game and recording at 150mbps so the codec is struggling to keep up.

nothing crazy is happening. you just arent bothered by jerky games with lots of stutter and highly inconsistent frametimes. i mean we have people ITT posting videos showing awful input lag saying theres no input lag and people saying they couldnt even tell they were locked to 30 fps with said input lag so yeah.

LoveCake

Hmm UE owner here, $34 for this expansion what will this be in UK Sterling?

I am disappointed in FH3 so far, maybe this can pull me back in (I usually love the Forza games).

Top Bottom