• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

etta

my hard graphic balls
tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif
LOL

Theorry

"At the roundabout take the first exit left"
"What are you talking about? That is the third. Navigation is broken"
"Oh wait"

Left side driving problems....

Recreat3

Someone said she was Irish.

Fair enough haha. I was thinking she sounded more english if anything.

Also this is either massive coincidence or it selected my forst name automatically because it picked it through my microsoft account. Otherwise spooky!

Edit: after hearing her more she def sounds irish.

danowat

Banned
"Oh wait"

I drive on the left in real life, and I still find it hard to get my head around it in FH, so ingrained in driving on the wrong side in games.

jond76

Banned
"Oh wait"

In FH2, any instruction for traffic circles was translated by me as "please ramp through the middle of the traffic circle". Problem solved.

ekim

"Oh wait"

I'm constantly bumping into the opposing traffic wondering what car they are trying to pass... I really have to actively think about driving on the left side.

first time in a while i've played a racing game this long. I've always adored them, but i could never keep at it. This one though, something about it.

ekim

first time in a while i've played a racing game this long. I've always adored them, but i could never keep at it. This one though, something about it.

Felt the same way with the first Horizon on 360. I played the demo because I was bored. 2 hours later I bought the full game in a store and got hooked.

Azzawon

And that's available in FH3 then?

It is indeed. I'm not sure how it works exactly, but there is a radio station in the game called 'Groove Music' which will play the stuff you have in your library. I don't know how it judges what to play exactly, maybe you need to create a playlist called 'FH3' or something.

Helios! If you're about, could you shed some light on this please?

Shout out to that Forza Horizon magic of dropping the perfect songs in the perfect moments.

When that X gon' give it to ya song drops on you....time to goooo

Ugh... I hate Onedrive. It's taking up like 100gbs on my ssd and I'd much rather use that space to install games. Also it just randomly uploaded some of my music. Guess I need to figure it out... can you rip music straight to the console hdd now?

derFeef

Ugh... I hate Onedrive. It's taking up like 100gbs on my ssd and I'd much rather use that space to install games. Also it just randomly uploaded some of my music. Guess I need to figure it out... can you rip music straight to the console hdd now?

You can select folders/files to not sync to your HD and just use the online client if you really need them. That's how I do it. And yes it sucks...

Whoa. Dude. Helios. I've posted in Forza threads since the very first game (And asked for a Scion xB in every single one). I've been in GAF Car Clubs whenever they've been available. I've loved every game Turn 10 has put out.

I was asking a super reasonable question since the demo goes out of its way to give you the option of which area to unlock next after previously going out of its way to periodically ask if you want to preorder the game. Thus it's perfectly reasonable to assume that, without another prompt to preorder, the demo might continue to offer further activities after the Area Unlock prompt. I came to this thread to see if I'd missed something.

Being an active and positive member of ForzaGAF, I no doubt recognize you as the same. I don't think it's out of line to expect some level of mutual respect.

GHG

Whoa. Dude. Helios. I've posted in Forza threads since the very first game (And asked for a Scion xB in every single one). I've been in GAF Car Clubs whenever they've been available. I've loved every game Turn 10 has put out.

I was asking a super reasonable question since the demo goes out of its way to give you the option of which area to unlock next after previously going out of its way to periodically ask if you want to preorder the game. Thus it's perfectly reasonable to assume that, without another prompt to preorder, the demo might continue to offer further activities after the Area Unlock prompt. I came to this thread to see if I'd missed something.

Being an active and positive member of ForzaGAF, I no doubt recognize you as the same. I don't think it's out of line to expect some level of mutual respect.

The joke went straight over your head...

Noobcraft

I think you misinterpreted his gif lol. What you said wasn't bait. What you talked about is bait to get people to buy the game.

What? Are you serious with this?

ekim

I think he means that the demo is baiting you to buy the full game and not he thinks that you are bating him or anything.

Flintty

I just tried the demo and its glorious. Such a beautiful setting and drone mode is superb (would be nice to be able to go higher though). Something awesome took me by surprise. As a Brit, I finally get a car game where I get to drive on the correct side of the road. I never gave it a thought till I realised I was dodging incoming traffic.
GTA London next pls.

I think he means that the demo is baiting you to buy the full game and not he thinks that you are bating him or anything.

Yeah I see that now.

But in my defense, that gif is always used to call out the post above it as the bait, not referring to bait.

Because he's pointing up.

Hip Hop

It was a joke man lol

No need for the paragraphs

HeliosT10

I think you may have misinterpreted my response gif, which was intended as a bit of a joke.

No there is no way to progress to the second festival site in the demo, we give players at the end of the demo the option to select where to go next to hopefully entice them into wanting to buy the full game (that's what a demo is mostly for right!?). Hence me saying that in many ways the choice at the end of the demo is like "bait" :)

Hope that clarifies things!

Azzawon

I think the Groove Station will just take whatever songs are in your onedrive music folder. TBH I'm a Horizon Pulse man so haven't played around with it too much myself!

Cheers! I have a few different playlists so I might have to go on a sorting spree to find the perfect Horizon playlist for driving around.

I think you may have misinterpreted my response gif, which was intended as a bit of a joke.

No there is no way to progress to the second festival site in the demo, we give players at the end of the demo the option to select where to go next to hopefully entice them into wanting to buy the full game (that's what a demo is mostly for right!?). Hence me saying that in many ways the choice at the end of the demo is like "bait" :)

Hope that clarifies things.

it does i'm sorry please give ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ scion xB (original model)

ekim

I think the Groove Station will just take whatever songs are in your onedrive music folder. TBH I'm a Horizon Pulse man so haven't played around with it too much myself!

And If I have a Groove sub and multiple playlists in there? I guess we can select or deselect single/multiple playlists... really interested in how this works.

Hip Hop

I guess people being able to buy an early release is a blessing.

Those that are waiting for the regular version can see how good the PC version is from early impressions.

Fair enough haha. I was thinking she sounded more english if anything.

Also this is either massive coincidence or it selected my forst name automatically because it picked it through my microsoft account. Otherwise spooky!

Edit: after hearing her more she def sounds irish.

That's an Irish accent, it's what a lot of people here in Dublin sound like. First thing I thought when I heard her is how confused Americans are going to be.

Top Bottom