• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

Anyone else absolutely hate the awful dudebro story in these games? At least let me skip all this crap.

Now, it might be different in this one because I haven't played the demo yet as I am waiting on PC but I did play the first horizon and some of the second... I certainly wouldn't call festival atmosphere dudebro...

EmiPrime

Anyone else absolutely hate the awful dudebro story in these games? At least let me skip all this crap.

I don't know if I would call it dudebro but I hate it too. The festival stuff is awful and the organiser guy in FH2 was a festering see you next Tuesday.

I was already sold on the game, but holy crap I'm so tempted to go for the Ultimate Edition. This and Battlefield One are the only things I've ever considered going for the Ultimate Editions just for early access. I just I had a better secondary monitor, or a TV, but at least I'll be getting both the XOne and PC versions by going digital.

SOR5

I don't know if I would call it dudebro but I hate it too. The festival stuff is awful and the organiser guy in FH2 was a festering see you next Tuesday.

HEY MATE, HEY MATE, HEY MATE, WHATS UP BUDDY, HEY MATE NICE ONE, HEY MATE, fuck off you TopLAD reading nobhead

I know what you mean but I'm not getting those vibes in this demo, the Irish girl and Australian guy are just nice and approachable, not patronising. The party festival stuff has been downplayed in favour of the cars and landscapes.

Yeah, I found FH2 really annoying with the characters, but it feels smartly dialed back in the FH3 demo while still maintaining some sense of unique personality (which was also too absent for my tastes in 2 versus 1). I'm happy to spend some time with these new characters.

All that said, I'm sure most of the story stuff gets out of the way post-tutorial sections, so anything that's a problem for you in hour 1 will probably be a non-issue in hours 2-50.

Just grabbed some Microsoft credit on Newegg (EMCENEN67 for 10% off), so I'll be pre-purchasing the Ultimate version shortly. You better have done good on the PC version, Playground...

TheKeyPit

Banned
EK8m3HQ.gif

:O

SOR5

If Clippy grew arms, legs and a Joey Essex accent. It would be Forza Horizon 2 guy

Im not your mate Forza Horizon 2 guy, or Dazza or whatever shite name you have whilst hanging out with your Bath University buddies

God I have never hated a character as much in my life

EmiPrime

HEY MATE, HEY MATE, HEY MATE, WHATS UP BUDDY, HEY MATE NICE ONE, HEY MATE, fuck off you TopLAD reading nobhead

I know what you mean but I'm not getting those vibes in this demo, the Irish girl and Australian guy are just nice and approachable, not patronising. The party festival stuff has been downplayed in favour of the cars and landscapes.

Yeah it's not as bad this time. Still could do without.

Btw if anyone knows the artist and track name for the title screen music please let me know because it's pretty fantastic.

I have been knocking MS for the Motorsport one year & Horizon the next strategy but I just tried the demo and playground have done a great job from what I have played, a great Dev team.

rainz

The level of polish on this thing is just insane! I actually stopped myself playing the whole demo as i just want to save it but goddamn this thing is going to be a masterpiece! Well done Playground!

RawNuts

When I saw the voice assistant my first thought was it'd be really cool if they used the Cortana voice font and name when driving the Halo Warthog. Is Chief a nickname? I assume yes.
Not only are Chief and Spartan names listed, but "Master Chief" is even there.

EmiPrime

The level of polish on this thing is just insane! I actually stopped myself playing the whole demo as i just want to save it but goddamn this thing is going to be a masterpiece! Well done T10!

The Horizon series is all Playground Games' work.

HiiiLife

I've asked some questions regarding co op but I was also curious. I'm new to the series. Is it true that the Horizon series is the "NFS" version of Forza? Because if so I'm all in considering I never liked all out simulators.

SOR5

I've asked some questions regarding co op but I was also curious. I'm new to the series. Is it true that the Horizon series is the "NFS" version of Forza? Because if so I'm all in considering I never liked all out simulators.

Yep its Forza meets open world meets PGR, its not arcadey to the point its Mario Kart, but its still very arcade-y

EmiPrime

I hate Forza and GT, everything about them send me to sleep.

I love playing Forza Horizon games as they straddle sim and arcade racing very convincingly. The only things I don't like are the festival stuff and 30fps.

Dabanton

This game..this game. For me, I like the Forza games but find they attract a far too serious type of player,this though just screams explore. Says much that I have both Forza Horizon 1 and 2 and I wouldn't say I'm the biggest racing game fan.

Shout out to the fantastic presentation of these games, the intro was beautiful. Proper tingle down the neck feelings.

Doodis

So glad they took the awesomeness of Storm Island and just seamlessly integrated it into the rest of the game this time around. Forza Horizon series just keeps getting better and better.

leng jai

The biggest difference for me is that everything feels weightier in Horizon 3 compared to the second. In Horizon 2 the handling felt too loose and the cars felt like they were almost floating across the road. In 3 cars feel heavier and steering has a better momentum shifts. The improved sound design contributes again. Collisions sound more satisfying (which isn't saying much, 2's sounded dreadful) and there's an appropriate thud every time you land. Engine sounds are more aggressive but honestly I still think they're a bit feeble, I'm not sure why developers never seem to go all out here. Rain could be louder as well, I can barely hear it on my setup.

Kilau

I wish I had the confidence to drop $100 on the Win10 version, but the XBO ports haven't had the best track record.

EmiPrime

Hopefully, but I'm still not confident in certain major scoring publications' abilities to actually find reviewers who are even decent at racers. Not in the States at least.

That might be a legitimate worry for a sim but you don't need to be good at racing games to enjoy FH.

Evo X

I wish I had the confidence to drop $100 on the Win10 version, but the XBO ports haven't had the best track record.

What?

Kiler Instint, Forza 6 Apex, and Halo 5 Forge all look and run fantastic.

There is no reason to believe this will be a poor port.

That might be a legitimate worry for a sim but you don't need to be good at racing games to enjoy FH.

True. This game might even be more fun when you're bad. Just ask Noobcraft and GHG. :D

I had to look a few good times to make sure this wasn't real.

The gifs in this thread and the images, this game is something else to behold. Wow, well done Playground/Turn 10.

Can't wait to see the PC version and what you guys will be able to accomplish with Scorpio. Amazing stuff, have the demo downloaded myself but have not had the time to test it out yet.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
While the demo is great i dont like that they still have done nothing to help you navigate the "track" aside from glancing at the mini map constantly or turning on the racing line (which I REALLY don't want to do). It seems even more problematic here than in fh2 as some of these environments you can't see shit. Crashing through a rainforest on and off the path I often have no clue where I'm going and glancing at the mini map can easily lead to fuck ups. I suppose rewind could help with my frustration but that's another thing I don't feel I should have to rely on as a racing game vet.

Top Bottom