• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

danowat

Banned
Yes, but you can still gain an advantage. I think consistent success on professional and unbeatable probably requires it.

Not really, it depends on the car and class of vehicle, most can be beaten stock on unbeatable, I only find the off road classes need some fettling.

I'll try and do a test of finishing position vs rewards, the results screen does show finishing position bonus.

Personally, I think it's refreshing that you don't have to finish in a certain position, you can just sit back and enjoy the racing, rather than trying to rush headlong into first place as quick as possible and stay there.

rrs

I did some test runs of a Caterham 7 in a public car show and was only defeated by another one and an A class muscle car. I'll put my build up soon, but I wonder if the time you are launched depends on PI points or the class.

If anyone wants to test if you can have a private car meet, add me gt: rrszz

EDIT: anyone know how to enable the mic in game? mine's just crossed out even though I have one on my pc

terrible

Banned
Not really, it depends on the car and class of vehicle, most can be beaten stock on unbeatable, I only find the off road classes need some fettling.

I'll try and do a test of finishing position vs rewards, the results screen does show finishing position bonus.

Personally, I think it's refreshing that you don't have to finish in a certain position, you can just sit back and enjoy the racing, rather than trying to rush headlong into first place as quick as possible and stay there.

Is there even a difference with the difficulty settings? It seems like the only thing it changes is the number of cars that post quick times. I've had AI post times equal to top leaderboard times on lower AI settings.

Wiped89

You definitely gain an advantage. I always auto upgrade my car to the maximum allowed within any one class, so if I buy an A-class with 746 rating for example, I'll auto tune it to 800. That makes a big difference when all the AI cars will be between 700-800. If you leave it stock, you'll find someone in a faster car slipping past you on the straights through no fault of your own, assuming you play on highly skilled or above.

Is there even a difference with the difficulty settings? It seems like the only thing it changes is the number of cars that post quick times. I've had AI post times equal to top leaderboard times on lower AI settings.

Isn't that the difference? More cars posting quick times.

There definitely seems to be a luck-of-the-draw aspect, which is why you can have an unimpressive unbeatable field or a highly skilled Drivatar posting an unbeatable time.

rrs

That is the case with Forza Motorsport, not Horizon. Performance level of AI is based on yours instead of a class for the event.
yeah, and in S1-S2 I feel like the game just struggles to select cars close to mine and just does whatever

terrible

Banned
Isn't that the difference? More cars posting quick times.

There definitely seems to be a luck-of-the-draw aspect, which is why you can have an unimpressive unbeatable field or a highly skilled Drivatar posting an unbeatable time.
You'd think the whole field would scale evenly with the difficulty setting but it just doesn't seem to be the case. Usually there's a couple cars that are as quick as unbeatable AI regardless, though they don't seem to run at full speed unless they are trailing you.

Interesting AI anyway.

This is simply the best game I have played in a very very long time... WOW... Simply brilliant. On my KS8000 in 4K this is jaw dropping, holy shit at how damn addicting it is... Didn't even watch football today... This is a must buy even if nothe a racing fn like me... So damn great...Easily game if the year...

Klocker

i see that happen sometimes. i feel like people do it accidentally when mashing the A button during a bid war.
Haha. Yes had a happy accident last night on my brz when somebody paid. 5.5.mil while the cars were going for $500,000 at the time

dragoncdf

nothing like achievements not posting earned 4 achievements and none popped. saying i was 93% done. did a hard reset and all but 1 popped. the beauty spot one still says 93% done. so hard reset again and the xbox one achievement section is now saying the ones i haven't earned are at 0% even roads discovered but the windows 10 app shows all correct except the beauty spot one still shows 93% but i found all 13.

SlickVic

It felt so good to finally smash this rooftop 20K XP board. For a second there I thought I was going to miss it by a hair.

0hTdRnv.gif

zma1013

Is there anyway to turn off the activity and challenge intros? Repeating a challenge right now sucks having to wait for the intro to be over with every single time.

Unlocked clubs in game, is it cool just to request to join the gaf club or should I pm someone first? This is for the in game club, not the preview dashboard level clubs

Just had an 'chievo pop for a new #FORZATHON. I didn't think there would be another one so soon. The V8 Supercar you can win was in FM6, (I believe), so has there been word on other new-to-Forza prize cars for future events?

In other news, I somehow managed to claim my first p3tran bounty; I hope he lets me savor it for at least a day hour.

Is the forzathon bugged? I went to the car meet, started a freeform race, did the drag race in a toy car, won and didn't get squat. What's up with that?

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody knows if there's a way with the Win10 version to disable the Windows Notifications for all the rivals stuff but keep them for the Achievements?

I want to see my new Achievements when I unlock them but I don't care about random pop-ups when I'm doing something else in Windows to tell me someone beat my rival time.

Bessy67

How do you get good starts in this game? I feel like I'm always either burning out or not hitting the gas enough and I can't seem to ever hit a middle ground.

How do you actually do the Drag thing for the Forzathon? I'm in the Car Meet but I don't really know what to do from there

If you wait a few mins it will come up with join showdown race OR sometimes the option will appear for you to start a showdown race, again by pressing x.

Just to note I won the drag race in an A (800) class Caterham Superlight R500.

I ddn't know that lower class cars get a head start on drag racing, so get a good tuned A class Extreme track toy and you should be good to go.

How to win the drag race:

- Disable every assist and go manual gearbox

- Buy the Caterham Superlight R500

- Get the "Forzathon Drag" tune from "v Satan x"

I think I actually got banned/timed out from drag races for using that too much LMAO

LQX

Holy shit the auction house is ridiculous and tedious. I just realized you have to reclaim your money and cars one by one if you lose bids or your cars did not sell. What the hell? It should be automatic.

zma1013

Holy shit the auction house is ridiculous and tedious. I just realized you have to reclaim your money and cars one by one if you lose bids or your cars did not sell. What the hell? It should be automatic.

I dont understand either. *Ryan Reynalds "But Why?" GIF*

terrible

Banned
Got my car for winning with the caterham.

That Caterham seems deliciously OP if you have it at S900 because of the huge head start you get over the faster classes. I spun my car around on purpose and finished the last maybe 25% backwards and still won on my 2nd try after winning my 1st race by 5+ seconds.

Yep it's awful. It's one thing that it's not automatic but the fact that it needs to take the time to load each car model individually makes it that much worse. I once sat for 20 mins just claiming credit for a bunch of cars I put up.

terrible

Banned
Yep it's awful. It's one thing that it's not automatic but the fact that it needs to take the time to load each car model individually makes it that much worse. I once sat for 20 mins just claiming credit for a bunch of cars I put up.

You can push the Y button and select "claim credits" or even pretty Y and bid on cars. Still a pain but it's quicker than actually pressing A on a car and having to wait for the car model to load before doing anything.

You can push the Y button and select "claim credits" or even pretty Y and bid on cars. Still a pain but it's quicker than actually pressing A on a car and having to wait for the car model to load before doing anything.
Huh I guess I missed that. I dreaded dealing with it after the first few times but I'll do this now. Thanks.

Clauss

I've been playing this with friends in the online co-op lately and it's actually super fun. It's neat just working on your own stuff and zipping by one of buddies or doing championships together.

c0Zm1c

Was bidding on a Jaguar E-Type (stock paint job and tune) on the auction house. My bid was 1,000 CR lower than what it can be bought for from the Autoshow (so 149,000 CR). Someone did a buyout (165,000 CR) on the auction, paying 15,000 CR more than they needed to haha.

Wonder if that happens often.

Caterham is definitely easy mode for drag racing. I'm glad I discovered that now before all the heats are just that.

Yeah, seems like S1 Caterham is the way to go. I was glad I was able to tweak my tune and gear ratios just enough to actually adjust to where I was losing races, was actually pretty proud of myself because I don't tune AT ALL.

Caterham is definitely easy mode for drag racing. I'm glad I discovered that now before all the heats are just that.

Well I saw others using it and got a race with 3 others with s2s so got lucky there

I really don't like how this works as even a C class can beat most track toys

A bit curious can you just buddy up with a friend and let each other win?

Top Bottom