• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Sane_Man

I have a really annoying issue with cockpit view. In some cars the front window is so tinted that I literally can't see through it when driving in cockpit view. Does anyone know how to fix this??

I have a really annoying issue with cockpit view. In some cars the front window is so tinted that I literally can't see through it when driving in cockpit view. Does anyone know how to fix this??

ive had it happen once. I cant remember how it happened initially, but I swapped cars out and got back into it and it was fine.

Petran's tune didn't work for me, got narrowly beaten 5 times by other Caterhams. I've given up now 😔

Cheers to Prodyg from the GAF club for some good races yesterday btw! You're a menace in that 'hog though 😀
The Caterham tune that worked for me is from user v SATAN x.

Got the achievement on the first try.

Sane_Man

ive had it happen once. I cant remember how it happened initially, but I swapped cars out and got back into it and it was fine.

Hmm, I've tried that and it doesn't help. It just seems to be certain cars and changing the factory tint doesn't help either. Weird.

Edit - resetting the game seemed to fix it. Doh.

The car that we can unlock on this drag race Forzathon, am I right in thinking it's unique and not in the game already ?

I have 2 festivals at level 2 and don't see any 'P' by the airport ... Not progressed enough yet ?

Will this car be available in the future of in another way as I have no desire to 'drag race' in this game.

Thanks

mrklaw

MrArseFace
trying to set up a co-op campaign or group but getting the error "Region failed (0x80190190) unable to create server"

Any ideas? I'm trying to play on a PC connected to someone on an Xbox one.

Is there a quick(any) way to remove all upgrades from all owned cars? Some of them (Dodge Charger) are very difficult to handle once upgraded to S class.

KRaZyAmmo

Is there a quick(any) way to remove all upgrades from all owned cars? Some of them (Dodge Charger) are very difficult to handle once upgraded to S class.

If you go to the custom upgrade screen and press the back button ( I think) there will be a menu that says
Load Setup
Save Setup
Reset to default upgrade

choose reset to default upgrade

The car that we can unlock on this drag race Forzathon, am I right in thinking it's unique and not in the game already ?

I have 2 festivals at level 2 and don't see any 'P' by the airport ... Not progressed enough yet ?

Will this car be available in the future of in another way as I have no desire to 'drag race' in this game.

Thanks

It's unique to FH3. It was in FM6. Not sure if it'll be available another way.

As for the P, I think you can access by going into online freeroam.

2 of the 3 Forzathon challenges down.

I've seen a lot of people selling the Nissan K's that you could win through the last Forzathon and they're selling for quite good numbers. Wondering if I should upgrade and sell mine. Anyone do this?

Does the Player game level increase the speed of the car they are driving?

The reason I ask, is because I was playing with a friend last night - I'm level 50, he is 100. He joins my game and I start a blueprint race, where anything goes. I use my fastest car which is the Ultima, and he has the 2017 HE Ford GT. We start the race and instantly he's gone, while I remain 2nd for the rest of the match. The speed he was driving was ridiculous.

So I began testing different vehicles and tuning/upgrading them to try and match his speed, nothing came close. So I bought the exact same car and upgraded/tuned it identical to his, and we tested it down the straightest road we could find. We tried launch starts, rolling starts, normal starts and every single time he blasted me. I can hang with him for maybe 100 meters, but then he's gone. He can also reach his max speed of 435km/h before I even get past 385km/h. We even tried it where I had a good lead and he just chased me down and blasted past me. Everything is identical, except for the player level.

So, is player level the reason for this witchery - or are we missing something?

KRaZyAmmo

Does the Player game level increase the speed of the car they are driving?

The reason I ask, is because I was playing with a friend last night - I'm level 50, he is 100. He joins my game and I start a blueprint race, where anything goes. I use my fastest car which is the Ultima, and he has the 2017 HE Ford GT. We start the race and instantly he's gone, while I remain 2nd for the rest of the match. The speed he was driving was ridiculous.

So I began testing different vehicles and tuning/upgrading them to try and match his speed, nothing came close. So I bought the exact same car and upgraded/tuned it identical to his, and we tested it down the straightest road we could find. We tried launch starts, rolling starts, normal starts and every single time he blasted me. I can hang with him for maybe 100 meters, but then he's gone. He can also reach his max speed of 435km/h before I even get past 385km/h. We even tried it where I had a good lead and he just chased me down and blasted past me. Everything is identical, except for the player level.

So, is player level the reason for this witchery - or are we missing something?

I don't think player level have any effect on your car speed. I think he must have gotten a tune or tuned it for max speed on his 2017 Ford GT HE.

terrible

Banned
Assists make a huge difference too, especially manual+clutch. That combined with your friend maybe having better throttle control could be why he's a lot faster with the same car and tune combo.

I don't think player level have any effect on your car speed. I think he must have gotten a tune or tuned it for max speed on his 2017 Ford GT HE.

We tuned it exactly the same - we made sure everything was identical. As for throttle control, that's why we did a rolling start - but it also doesn't explain how at top speed he can chase me down and over take me.

KRaZyAmmo

We tuned it exactly the same - we made sure everything was identical. As for throttle control, that's why we did a rolling start - but it also doesn't explain how at top speed he can chase me down and over take me.

hmmm.....that's very interesting. Did you have assists like traction control and stability control off?

Are you two by any chance on PC?

Maybe there's a glitch where speed related to framerate like in some other games and his is running smoother?

Lima

Just saw some gaffers at the car meet lol. Smoked the guys in their ultimate GtR by using p3trans caterham tune. Thanks mate.

zma1013

Apparently i've been racing the wrong race anyway, where is it at to start? I'm at the airport and the only drag strip i see is Outback Drag Strip but it says online that it is in a parking garage and the race has a staggered start for different cars but i see no such garage or race.

01DragonFly

Apparently i've been racing the wrong race anyway, where is it at to start? I'm at the airport and the only drag strip i see is Outback Drag Strip but it says online that it is in a parking garage and the race has a staggered start for different cars but i see no such garage or race.
Check your map and look for the big P (blue and white 'P') near the outback horizon festival . The entrance has a big sing that says "HORIZON CARMEET" at the top
you have to wait for a "Showdown" and press X , If you press Y it takes you to freeroam

more info here
http://techaeris.com/2016/10/17/forzathon-october-17-21-extreme-speed-extreme-track-toys
http://www.trueachievements.com/a223105/forzathon-tear-up-the-strip-achievement.htm
The third of Forza Horizon 3‘s weekly #Forzathon competitions has arrived, and you can score yourself some big credits and a new ride. From October 17-21st, Playground Games has challenged racers to complete three events with cars from the Extreme Track Toys class.

Two of the three events shouldn’t be too bad, but the third could prove to be a bit more difficult. The events are as follows:

Close Shave: Get 50 Near Misses with an Extreme Track Toy car to win 15,000 XP
Limit Breaker: Achieve 3 Stars on 3 Speed Zones with an Extreme Track Toy car to win 100,000 CR
Tear Up The Strip: Win a Drag Race at the Car Meet with an Extreme Track Toy car to be awarded the #17 Falcon FG

If you haven’t hit the Drag Race yet, head on over to the airport in the Outback area and head into the parking garage. Once there, wait until someone else starts a Drag Race or start one of your own by pressing the X button when the prompt appears. Don’t think that because you have the fastest car, you’ll win. The Drag Race has a staggered start, so the faster your car, the longer a head start lower class cars will get before it’s your turn to stomp the gas and tear up the airstrip.

The discounted cars you can purchase this week include 10% off on three Extreme Track Toys:

Donkervoort D8 GTO: 157,000 CR (regular 157,500)
Aston Martin Vantage GT12: 360,000 CR (regular 400,000)
Ferrari FXX K: 2,430,000 CR (regular 2,700,000)

forza-horizon-3-ferrari-fxx-k

To Win The Race:
buy the CATERHAM SUPERLIGHT R500
go to the garage section then select upgrade<load upgrade <Search <Creator ( Petran) < Search< Forzathon v2 <download and install
go to the car meet and wait for a "Showdown" and press X

These offroad races are probably the least enjoyable I've ever come across in any game. All these pointless jumps that may or may not randomly leave you upside-down, hilariously unbalanced AI compared to the road races, the awful track design, the sheer quantity of these events relative to the numbers of cars available that are eligible.

I'm sorry but I can't not complain about it. It's really soured the entire game. Takes the game down from a 9.5 to like an 8.

CodeEvo

I did a drag race at the outback last night with the caterham and beat everyone and no unlocks am i missing something?? is there anything else i need to do ??

zma1013

Check your map and look for the big P (blue and white 'P') near the outback horizon festival . The entrance has a big sing that says "HORIZON CARMEET" at the top
you have to wait for a "Showdown" and press X , If you press Y it takes you to freeroam

more info here
http://techaeris.com/2016/10/17/forzathon-october-17-21-extreme-speed-extreme-track-toys
http://www.trueachievements.com/a223105/forzathon-tear-up-the-strip-achievement.htm

To Win The Race:
buy the CATERHAM SUPERLIGHT R500
go to the garage section then select upgrade<load upgrade <Search <Creator ( Petran) < Search< Forzathon v2 <download and install
go to the car meet and wait for a "Showdown" and press X

Thanks for the info, but eventually i found out i didnt even unlock car meets yet so there was no P to find. Went and played some more finally got it unlocked so i can try actually racing now.

CodeEvo

Thanks for the info, but eventually i found out i didnt even unlock car meets yet so there was no P to find. Went and played some more finally got it unlocked so i can try actually racing now.

What do you have to do to unlock car meets? even it doesnt show for me but i managed to do the drag race anyways but haven't unlocked anything

Are you two by any chance on PC?

Maybe there's a glitch where speed related to framerate like in some other games and his is running smoother?

Yeah we are both on PC - both running 60fps. I mean sure that could be an issue if there is a bug with the framerate, but that would be super weird (not outside the realm of possiblity though). If it's tied to some PC setting or framerate, then it would be hard to tie down - I mean I run Gsync and 144hz - I lock my game at 60fps externally via nvidia - I run the game at 1440p, while he runs at 1080p.

Next time we play together I'll try to capture some video - because it's simply unbelievable the difference. It doesn't explain how he is reaching 435km/h in the same time it takes me to reach 385km/h. It didn't appear to be anything connection related to - he was driving smooth on my screen, and like I said we have identical everything car/upgrades/settings/tuning.

A another note to add: Before I ever played with my mate, when I would race solo - the A.I cars would behave very similar, like their cars were crazy fast - and seemingly had god-like acceleration. It's almost like the game is treating him like a normal A.I - or unless its a weird bug because I have recruited his driveatar on my team...

louiedog

Yeah we are both on PC - both running 60fps. I mean sure that could be an issue if there is a bug with the framerate, but that would be super weird (not outside the realm of possiblity though). If it's tied to some PC setting or framerate, then it would be hard to tie down - I mean I run Gsync and 144hz - I lock my game at 60fps externally via nvidia - I run the game at 1440p, while he runs at 1080p.

Next time we play together I'll try to capture some video - because it's simply unbelievable the difference. It doesn't explain how he is reaching 435km/h in the same time it takes me to reach 385km/h. It didn't appear to be anything connection related to - he was driving smooth on my screen, and like I said we have identical everything car/upgrades/settings/tuning.

A another note to add: Before I ever played with my mate, when I would race solo - the A.I cars would behave very similar, like their cars were crazy fast - and seemingly had god-like acceleration. It's almost like the game is treating him like a normal A.I - or unless its a weird bug because I have recruited his driveatar on my team...

Any chance you're using a controller that allows you to adjust the throw of your trigger and it's not pulling back 100%?

zma1013

What do you have to do to unlock car meets? even it doesnt show for me but i managed to do the drag race anyways but haven't unlocked anything

I'm wondering the same thing. How far in the game do you have to be?

It unlocked after the final showcase for me so I guess that's the trigger, so you just have to keep playing and getting your crowds bigger and bigger. Maybe like around a million fans or something, do the races and PR stunts and whatnot. It doesn't take that long really, I think I'm at 10 hours played and i got it like an hour ago. It's the 4th or 5th showcase race against boats.

This Forzathon event is pretty dumb. I eventually got a drag race win, but a couple of the lobbies I joined in the airport had one guy always going into every game and winning with manual and the tuned caterhan. Eventually just waited for him to join a game then joined the next one.

Just the mechanism of joining a drag race is confusing, you have to sit there in the car meet waiting around for a showdown event to trigger. I waited a solid 2-3 mins a few times, which seems wrong. It seems like its possible to grief other players too, if you go in with a A class 500 car like a truck, the "handicap" puts the person nearly at the finish line before S1 cars can even start.

Noobcraft

These offroad races are probably the least enjoyable I've ever come across in any game. All these pointless jumps that may or may not randomly leave you upside-down, hilariously unbalanced AI compared to the road races, the awful track design, the sheer quantity of these events relative to the numbers of cars available that are eligible.

I'm sorry but I can't not complain about it. It's really soured the entire game. Takes the game down from a 9.5 to like an 8.
The off-road races are fine as long as you have a decent tune. In fact, some of the off-road courses are fantastic. The Dry Reservoir Trail is super satisfying, and the Gold Mine Cross Country Circuit is amazing and easily has some of the best racing in the game.

Drivatars can't handle the gold mine all that well with the Warthog though.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Mr Noobcraft/video/22521910

terrible

Banned
This Forzathon event is pretty dumb. I eventually got a drag race win, but a couple of the lobbies I joined in the airport had one guy always going into every game and winning with manual and the tuned caterhan. Eventually just waited for him to join a game then joined the next one.

Just the mechanism of joining a drag race is confusing, you have to sit there in the car meet waiting around for a showdown event to trigger. I waited a solid 2-3 mins a few times, which seems wrong. It seems like its possible to grief other players too, if you go in with a A class 500 car like a truck, the "handicap" puts the person nearly at the finish line before S1 cars can even start.

I have a Toyota Land Cruiser at C Class with like 1500+bhp. They really didn't think things through. I don't think it's even possible to win with a higher class if someone brings in a vehicle like that.

Some more high jinx from last night. Fun races with you, Scottify and Jello. Dat horn though. lol
wzkoqK9.gif

Soundscream, before you give me shit. This was a drivatar. :)

I see your not above attacking digital people. Does anything penatrate your cold Canadian heart?

You probably body check other ships entering ports in Elite: Dangerous.

Context
https://youtu.be/6eqJxWz8YQk#t=2m22s

KRaZyAmmo

The off-road races are fine as long as you have a decent tune. In fact, some of the off-road courses are fantastic. The Dry Reservoir Trail is super satisfying, and the Gold Mine Cross Country Circuit is amazing and easily has some of the best racing in the game.

Drivatars can't handle the gold mine all that well with the Warthog though.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Mr Noobcraft/video/22521910
Me and my friends played tons of Dry Reservoir Trail. It flows very well.

danowat

Banned
Did the Forzathon drag challenge this morning, petran's setup worked a treat, smashed the other Caterhams.

One thing I did notice, and it must be something to do with a preview build of the OS, I like the new "rare achievement" popup, an animated diamond and a new sound!

I've also noticed that showing horizon 3 spins on youtube has become a thing, quite a few youtubers are doing it, never seen it happen for a forza game before, but I think this is the first time you've been able to buy spins with CR?

Edit : Seems like I am a bit late with the rare achievement thing, been there since early October!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9NYaw2KQt4

zorbsie

Sent a request yesterday to join [GAF] Club, anyone can get me in?

Thanks guys!

The same here, but yesterday. Added myself to the spreadsheet a while ago. Not sure if more action beyond that and the request is needed.

Sent one as well (to the group tagged gaf)
Gamertag: novagt1

What else would I have to do to join?

You all are in now. Thanks for sending the request in. For future players, just send me or one of the other co leaders (Digmouse, Rawnuts, TheKeyPit, Shortt Sirket) a pm that you requested to join. We get a lot of random requests, so it helps to figure out who is actually from GAF. :)

And as always, add yourselves to the spreadsheet. When we need to make room in the club, we will remove people based on inactivity and not being on the spreadsheet. Also if you go play BF1 or COD for the next 2 months, don't worry. No one is booting you if you are on the list.

Quote this post to find the link to the spreadsheet.

RawNuts

We get a lot of random requests, so it helps to figure out who is actually from GAF.
Understatement of the year, it's probably a 20 to 1 ratio; takes me like an hour every few days to sort through them.

At least some names I can recognize even though they're not on the spreadsheet, like the legendary FaintColt388301.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I finally completed the bucket list last night! Woo!

Getting those achievements where you have to use the Ford Raptor and get 5 3 Star PR events is a bitch. I have 3 so far, but I'm trying to get 3 stars in a drift with it and I can't swing it for shit, even WITH Petran's tune lol.

I sent a request, added myself to the spreadsheet and PM'd a coleader to gain access. Do we get some sort of notification in-game that lets us know we're in the group?

How does that exactly work? This is my first time with a Forza game, so I'm kind of clueless on that aspect, but I think plying a bunch online would be a blast.

Getting those achievements where you have to use the Ford Raptor and get 5 3 Star PR events is a bitch. I have 3 so far, but I'm trying to get 3 stars in a drift with it and I can't swing it for shit, even WITH Petran's tune lol.

- tune center differential to have most power go to the rear, rear diff-lock >75% (low on the front)
- add stupid high toe-out to the rear, higher negative camber at the front

(no, I haven't tried it, but believe me, toe-out works)

Did you look at the list on TrueAchievements? There's four danger signs you can do with ease.

Top Bottom