• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

CodeEvo

Damn! i just unlocked car meets went ahead and won like 5 races with the caterham still no chevos or any sign of the forzathon car wth

I managed to get it, i was doing it wrong, after joining the car meet you have to wait for showdown and then join, i used to join freeroam and initiate the drag race myself which is exactly the same anyways doesn't make sense

zorbsie

Almost have all the new Horizon Edition cars. Just need to get the Lambo. Might just auction house it. Actually really liked the Mini. Didn't think it was going to be that great. But was fun to drive it around the goliath.

h3ro

People must have been really saturated with HE cars because I'm still seeing the previous released models going for 200K-300K. Snagged a Focus RS HE for 300K with no other bids placed on it.

Up to 4 HE cars total and barely into the game. Travel schedule has been insane and I haven't been able to really bite into the game as much as I would have liked at this point. Haven't been able to do any of the Forzathon events as of yet either.

The amount of content is pretty daunting at times. I take a look at the map and see a flood of icons and end up just driving doing stunts and racking up skill points instead of doing events. Anyone else have that issue?

zorbsie

The amount of content is pretty daunting at times. I take a look at the map and see a flood of icons and end up just driving doing stunts and racking up skill points instead of doing events. Anyone else have that issue?

Very much had this issue. I would often use the map filter to narrow down the events I wanted to do at the time. That way the map wouldn't look like a Assassin's Creed map. :) One nice filter option was to just show current championship. Used that one a bunch.

cr0w

Old Member
People must have been really saturated with HE cars because I'm still seeing the previous released models going for 200K-300K. Snagged a Focus RS HE for 300K with no other bids placed on it.

Up to 4 HE cars total and barely into the game. Travel schedule has been insane and I haven't been able to really bite into the game as much as I would have liked at this point. Haven't been able to do any of the Forzathon events as of yet either.

Damn, I've only seen one HE so far and it's the 1997 BMW M3. I keep getting like 5,000 CR from the wheel spins and shit.

Damn! i just unlocked car meets went ahead and won like 5 races with the caterham still no chevos or any sign of the forzathon car wth

Look to make sure your cheevo isn't 100% but still locked.

Happened to me with a #Forzathon cheevo. Good news is when it finally popped, I got my prize.

eek5

Glad the devs are focusing on doing this instead of fixing the fucking game (PC issues including heavy input lag) and figuring out why people's saves are disappearing.

Helios/Playground went from one of my favorite devs to one of my least trusted in a span of weeks.
Helios helped me out and I'm unbanned now. I'm glad to be back but can't help but feel like their system is really messed up if they're automatically banning people for who know's what and the only recourse is trying to get in touch with a community manager (no official appeals process/support).

shandy706

Helios helped me out and I'm unbanned now. I'm glad to be back but can't help but feel like their system is really messed up if they're automatically banning people for who know's what and the only recourse is trying to get in touch with a community manager (no official appeals process/support).

Awesome that Helios stepped in though.

Could really suck for people that don't have access to him.

EYEL1NER

Good to hear that the ban was baseless and they reversed it. All of your content is available again? If so, I'll download and rate that great-looking Rick and Morty paint job. I don't know that I'll ever drive that van, or drive any similar vehicle in the game, but I'll enjoy having it in my collection (and then have it wind up being invisible and not loading when scrolling through my cars, like so many of the other customs I have are).

eek5

Good to hear that the ban was baseless and they reversed it. All of your content is available again? If so, I'll download and rate that great-looking Rick and Morty paint job. I don't know that I'll ever drive that van, or drive any similar vehicle in the game, but I'll enjoy having it in my collection (and then have it wind up being invisible and not loading when scrolling through my cars, like so many of the other customs I have are).

It might be. I only had time this morning to check the AH screen to see if I could access auctions. I'll check my designs and reshare if necessary.

zorbsie

I've had this happen to me. The only way I found to fix it is to load the car up go to garage and change something visual on it. Paint colour for example. Back out and save to car. That brings the pic back in my garage. After that, just reapply the custom vinyl. Had the bug happen to me when I was loading tunes outside of the festivals and my tires were missing.

FStop7

Banned
Bucket List #23 (forge your own path) is one of the most fun and challenging things I've ever done in a video game. You could build a whole game around more challenges like that.

How do you even do races at car meets? All I can do is switch between viewing cars and a user list.

The meets are kind of a broken part of an otherwise awesome game.

LQX

Bucket List #23 (forge your own path) is one of the most fun and challenging things I've ever done in a video game. You could build a whole game around more challenges like that.

I still cant beat that bucket list challenge. It was fun to keep trying though.

EYEL1NER

It took me around 4 hours to beat it. I wasted a lot of time trying to find a path through the fields to the north of the satellite dishes.
I haven't beat it yet but I've decided that a straight shot to the city through the forests a dish array is NOT going to win it for me. I've had great runs straight through those areas and avoided obstacles or rewound so I could get through them better, but I always hit the same spot when time runs out.

terrible

Banned
I haven't beat it yet but I've decided that a straight shot to the city through the forests a dish array is NOT going to win it for me. I've had great runs straight through those areas and avoided obstacles or rewound so I could get through them better, but I always hit the same spot when time runs out.

I drove down the train tracks for a decent distance on my successful run. Trying a direct route through all the trees didn't work for me either.

FStop7

Banned
Route that worked for me...

Start off heading straight toward the city. You want to cross the river with the dishes ahead on your left. Take the dirt road that runs along the RIGHT side of the dishes. Cut across from the dirt road to the highway at a point where they're parallel so you don't have to slow down. Then you switch to the train tracks for a bit, then back to the highway before that large roundabout. Cut straight through the middle of the roundabout, then follow the blue line to the end. When you get to that super sharp turn near the end you can shortcut it a little bit but be careful because you lose a lot of speed and it's easy to get hung up on objects.

The fastest time on the global leaderboard is 2:16. I really want to see how that was accomplished.

timewyrm

I really, really, want to get this game, but I suck at the demo so bad. I can't control the car at all, and the car never stays straight unless I keep the speed down.

Is there any way in game to limit this ?

KRaZyAmmo

I really, really, want to get this game, but I suck at the demo so bad. I can't control the car at all, and the car never stays straight unless I keep the speed down.

Is there any way in game to limit this ?

You can adjust the difficulty settings. You can put traction control and stability controls on so that you'll have more control. also tuning your car helps make it more stable.

eek5

Route that worked for me...

Start off heading straight toward the city. You want to cross the river with the dishes ahead on your left. Take the dirt road that runs along the RIGHT side of the dishes. Cut across from the dirt road to the highway at a point where they're parallel so you don't have to slow down. Then you switch to the train tracks for a bit, then back to the highway before that large roundabout. Cut straight through the middle of the roundabout, then follow the blue line to the end. When you get to that super sharp turn near the end you can shortcut it a little bit but be careful because you lose a lot of speed and it's easy to get hung up on objects.

The fastest time on the global leaderboard is 2:16. I really want to see how that was accomplished.

Got hit by the train maybe? Does it travel that direction? Seems impossible.

KRaZyAmmo

Can any of these be done in the demo ?

yes actually. I've played the demo and I was able to make the S15 more stiffer and able to decrease the tire pressure. You can also still adjust the difficulty settings with the traction control and stability control in the demo.

Unlocked the car meet 'P' finally ...
It opened after I done the speedboats showcase.

Then proceeded to follow advice on the last page and bought a Caterham and tuned it with the 'Petran' download, proceeded to win first attempt at the drag race against 6 others. (thought I'd have to try numerous times against cheesers/trolls)

Backed out of the car meet and my new Forzathon car was in my garage already, thanks for the tips guys - was painless after all.

I am collecting in this game and not tuning anything - just stock collection, with the Caterham I am tempted to sell as it's not stock and I sunk 100k into parts - I take it there is no way to sell parts, you just have to auction the whole car ?

Also seeing as I am trying to collect one of everything in stock condition, I don't have a clue about selling at auction ... It appears the most I can put the tuned Caterham up for is around what it has cost me all in but some others have them up for nearly 700k ?

What am I missing here - special paints blasting prices ?

Thanks

P.S.

I'm level '26' playing with rewind off from the start and I have a measly 1.5m CR, some of you guys XP level is insane and one guy with 105m CR !?!?!

Haha what the hell ! :)

eek5

Thanks Petran. Was able to win my very first drag race by 3 seconds with the tune :D

I'm level '26' playing with rewind off from the start and I have a measly 1.5m CR, some of you guys XP level is insane and one guy with 105m CR !?!?!

Haha what the hell ! :)

I got really caught up trying to compete with people on GAF tier list the 2nd week. Ran figure 8 and goliath on way too many laps way too many times lol

Megasoum

Banned
Hmmm... I just booted the game on PC and all the online tabs in the menu are greyed out.

Auction House, Clubs, Rivals and Marketplace...

Edit: Ok, restarted the game for the third time and now it's working.

GHG

Are the bans limited to the PC version?

I've been on holiday for the last week and have a load of banked wheel spins to use for the new HE cars after I update the game. I'm scared to use them now in case it triggers something. I only play on the xbox one btw.

Noobcraft

Did you share that tune or is it someone else's? I was amazed by that thing.
I just shared it a few minutes ago along with my livery. I have no idea how I actually made a decent tune xD

It makes the unbeatable drivatars pretty easy in D class. I named it "Offroad"

zorbsie

Haha great races Zorbs and StunWar. The Datsun = Amazing off-road.

That car was amazing. Buying one when I get on tomorrow. Wish I had a better car for the final race. But still good times tonight.
screenshot-original8ur6u.png

Tenshin

first time xbone owner and FH3 player. damn really amazing game. its like burnout paradise.. best racing game i played in a looong time..

Fox Mulder

That's probably a ban due to the hacking sweep, as bans for illicit content on cars typically get a time-limited ban for the first offense.

Turn 10 can also be absurdly slap-happy with bans, as I've been given 48-hour bans in previous Forza games for downloading tunes from other players that were deemed exploitative and for using skins on cars that they deemed overly racy (not for creating it, just for downloading and using it).

Wow. I've played forza for 10 years and would stop the second they banned me for such bullshit.

After over 10 hours playing, I finally unlocked clubs. Just applied to be in the GAF club on the doc! It looks like it's almost full from the in-game counter, though. I haven't even gotten to the online portion at all because I'm getting flooded with more events than I can handle.

danowat

Banned
After the final showcase, I am starting to feel a little malaise, there is a bit of a lack of direction, especially with a map that is literally stuffed to the gunnels with icons.

Interested in hearing other peoples "workflow" with the game once the showcases and festivals are updated.

It's all very well having a large amount of content, but it (at least to me) becomes a bit "rabbit in the headlights" when faced with a map full of icons, and no direction from the game.

After the final showcase, I am starting to feel a little malaise, there is a bit of a lack of direction, especially with a map that is literally stuffed to the gunnels with icons.

Interested in hearing other peoples "workflow" with the game once the showcases and festivals are updated.

It's all very well having a large amount of content, but it (at least to me) becomes a bit "rabbit in the headlights" when faced with a map full of icons, and no direction from the game.

The goal becomes car collection and messing around with said cars, for me at least. If you're not into that then the game is probably over for you.

xrnzaaas

Well unfortunately that's the whole theme of this game. You get to decide everything. I prefer to be told what to do (or pointed in some direction) and that's why I don't enjoy "endgame" in FH3 as much as I did in FH2.

danowat

Banned
Well unfortunately that's the whole theme of this game. You get to decide everything. I prefer to be told what to do and that's why I don't enjoy "endgame" in FH3 as much as I did in FH2.

I like the fact that you can choose the cars and tracks in the actual races, but just wished there was a little more of a pathway in the end game content, the icons on the map are just mind boggling and I just sit there thinking, what now!.

Bravoexo

Finally got the Forzathon Prize car today... many attempts... always had that matchmaking where there's that single Mercury Coupe drag monster in there... finally got into a group and only had two S2 opponents with my S1 R500...

Kumubou

Wow. I've played forza for 10 years and would stop the second they banned me for such bullshit.
To be fair, they were all 48-hour bans. It was still excessive (why not just remove them and send an in-game message indicating that I managed to download a hacked tune or a livery with too much anime tiddy for their taste), but it's one of those things where it would resolve itself before complaining to anyone would get anywhere.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of how wide-open the game is. I've been going through the remaining championships now and to be honest, it feels like a bit of a slog, especially since any real sense of progression has gone right out the window. (That and at some point, most of my remaining events will be in Surfer's Paradise, and as I am playing on the PC version I am not looking forward to that.)

I think the original Forza Horizon had the best mix of fixed progression and open-ended options -- there were series to progress through with car and class requirements, but you still had a lot of options in regards to how you actually went through and played the game. I also ended up 100%ing that game in the end minus the 1000 club achievements (which turned out to be really boring with no other objectives to go for with them).

Top Bottom