• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

LoveCake

Any good deals on it anywhere? I'd like to pick it up some time but full price is way too expensive for me.

It may be better to just get the packs you want, have a look and see what cars are in the various packs and then decide how it works out cost-wise, there maybe only a couple of cars you actually want and these could be from just two packs.

Any good deals on it anywhere? I'd like to pick it up some time but full price is way too expensive for me.

No I just used some credit I had at GAME. I would avoid it at the moment if I were you the car pass has an issue where only 4 of the 6 packs are registered as being owned. Meaning I don't have access to the best two car packs it's a known issue which is bloody annoying they need to fix it asap.

RawNuts

I just found out that the forzathon xp rewards count toward an online championship. Got the drift taps and it gave me 45k toward the championship and let me coast to victory.

zorbsie

Reposting this, deadline is this Friday.

forzagaf_contestzcjfq.png

Get you're paints and go fast stripes ready. We're having a design contest!
Get you're creative juices flowing and put together a GAF themed racing livery. The best design will get 10 million credits. I'll provide the credits :)
Here are the details:
Car: 2013 Toyota GT86
Due Date: March 17th. I'm flexible on this though.
Must be original design and must be shareable. We want to use it in online races after all. :)
Depending on the amount of entries we can give out second and third place prizes. To enter just post your design in the thread. Simple enough.

Body kits are fine too.

LoveCake

Reposting this, deadline is this Friday.

forzagaf_contestzcjfq.png

Get you're paints and go fast stripes ready. We're having a design contest!
Get you're creative juices flowing and put together a GAF themed racing livery. The best design will get 10 million credits. I'll provide the credits :)
Here are the details:
Car: 2013 Toyota GT86
Due Date: March 17th. I'm flexible on this though.
Must be original design and must be shareable. We want to use it in online races after all. :)
Depending on the amount of entries we can give out second and third place prizes. To enter just post your design in the thread. Simple enough.

Body kits are fine too.

Mine is near enough ready, just a couple of tweaks here and there, I will add though that mine is designed for use with the Rocket Bunny body-kit and it won't work without it.

I was going to put it up to share on the 17th anyway and also if I can work it out some of the logo's I have made, also I would like to add that I am willing to add members personal touches to my design if I win (even if I don't) I can put the Xbox gamer-tag on the car or NeoGAF username and share it so they can have it as their own, I will do one for anyone, this does depend on how many want personalization though.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread,

What I would like see if it can be arranged is for all the creators to be in a race together with their own designs and if some photos or video can be taken and then also all of the creators with the winning design in a race and photos or video taken of it, is this something that can be arranged?

Is this possible?

KRaZyAmmo

Mine is basically done as i can't add more sponsor decals without locking it. Just gotta make some minor adjustments. I'm up for doing some races. Xbl is FruitPunchKRaZy

LoveCake

I'm afraid it's just going to be a Porsche car pack and not a proper expansion.

The Porsche expansion has always been a separate thing, I think it will be the same this time, and honestly I would rather have just RUF and RWB cars, the only Porsche I would want in this is the 959 rally.

Q4TRYHd.gif

rrs

the 959 is a neat "what if" to rally racing if group b didn't turn into super high HP turbo death sleds, although the group S replacement that got canned with B capping HP once and for all would had most likely caused the same results we got now.

LoveCake

I think the expansion will be a new location on the mainland that you have to build up the area to level five to get all the events and it will be a full rally expansion like there was in the first Forza Horizon game with a co-driver reading out pace-notes.

Or the expansion will be, wait for it.............
a motorbike expansion like there was in DriveClub

I believe that the Porsche DLC will be a separate thing that is outside of the Season Pass like it always has been.

There had best be the RAUH-Welt BEGRIFF cars in this though, with all the available options, wings, body-kits and wheels, where there is some final head to head race where you race Nakai-San in a pink slip race and on beating him you win his Stella Artois car.

oz0Hpza.jpg

Why is the reward car for a money-themed Forzathon a pickup truck? I know it's an expensive pickup truck with extra credits, but why not an HE Rolls or Bentley or even a pimped-out Escalade?

LoveCake

I was testing my design yesterday evening and I was getting a fair few 'Lucky Escapes' in the Toyota GT86 with the 'Don Joewon Song' tune just driving up and down the main highway at full throttle, if you don't have this tune then it's a must, it is more towards drifting then grip but it is pretty progressive in the corners, I don't like drifting as I have always been break in a straight line, head for the apex then accelerate out, this is faster then drifting, but with this car if you break before the corner not so much to just drive as you usually would, but drift around it, it can be done pretty easily after driving the car a while, it also sound incredible when viewing from the bumper-cam (I am using a full surround set-up though), I think if you try this car with this tune it should be pretty easy to do the 'Lucky Escape' challenge.

There is a video here of the car and tune with Don Joewon Song driving.

Also an update on my design, it is finished!

I am not sure what the process is for entering the competition?

I am going to post images including, left, right hand side, front and rear and also a nighttime one, I will post tomorrow evening/night (UK time) and then sometime Friday I will upload the design to the store for people to download, the weekend I will share my NeoGAF logo/design (if I can work out how to do this) so others can use it.

I just hope that people are leaving it late to enter this competition.

zorbsie

/dead. Rawnuts wins. :)
I forgot that I'll be out of town this weekend. I'll gather all entries up on Monday and pick a winner. Thanks to everyone that gave it a shot. Awesome stuff all around.

rrs

My GAF-themed livery

qSeSGOL.gif

Couldn't add any more, maxed the vinyl layers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I can't believe I've been shown who is the boss
Have you done one for this?
yeah, see:
and done, look for gafskin by rrszz for these cars:

GT86 (optimized for ings front/rear bumper + greddy sideskirts)
BRZ HE (optimized for rocket bunny widebody kit)
BRZ (optimized for ings front/rear bumper + greddy sideskirts)

KRaZyAmmo

This is my final livery. (sorry for the low settings). For now it's shareable under FruitPunchKRaZy under the GT86 only. If needed I'll try to import the livery to the BRZ and BRZ/HE.
MRbbcpg.jpg

ObRsWF1.jpg

Can someone see if you can get it and take better screenshots than me lol

louiedog

I missed a challenge earlier in the week?

How is it that neither the game nor the Forza app is setup to give me notifications about Forzathons and other events, but I get a damn popup every time a rival beats my score?

LoveCake

I missed a challenge earlier in the week?

How is it that neither the game nor the Forza app is setup to give me notifications about Forzathons and other events, but I get a damn popup every time a rival beats my score?

I don't know why they don't send a notification either.

I have done this one in about ten minutes,

Used a 1995 FORD SVT Cobra R I had in my garage to do a one lap race at a blueprinted Peabody short track.
The Ariel Nomad S2 tune and jumped the Rainforest Reveal Danger Sign three times, this also unlocks the any event mission.
Raced up and down the highway both ways just once in the Don Joewon Song tuned Toyota GT86.

Love the easy ones.

here you go

I have shared mine also, just go to my store front or search 'Gaf Gold'.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I don't know why they don't send a notification either.

I have done this one in about ten minutes,

Used a 1995 FORD SVT Cobra R I had in my garage to do a one lap race at a blueprinted Peabody short track.
The Ariel Nomad S2 tune and jumped the Rainforest Reveal Danger Sign three times, this also unlocks the any event mission.
Raced up and down the highway both ways just once in the Don Joewon Song tuned Toyota GT86.

Love the easy ones.

I have shared mine also, just go to my store front or search 'Gaf Gold'.

For the one to get the Mercedes, I just got out my Ford GT Horizon Edition and found three speed-related PR stunts I didn't do yet, then kept doing them until I got three stars.

KRaZyAmmo

Just tried to remake the neogaf livery on the brz. I tried to get it to exact as possible. It's basically the same design (with Rocket Bunny kit and spoiler) and the only difference is that the orange decals are now white. Will eventually get it on the BRZ HE for those who want it.

zorbsie

I'm back from holidays. Quick question for the gang, how do you want to pick a winner? I can make a poll and we can vote or I can pick a winner myself. What do you guys think?

KRaZyAmmo

I'm back from holidays. Quick question for the gang, how do you want to pick a winner? I can make a poll and we can vote or I can pick a winner myself. What do you guys think?
I think you should choose. If we were to do the poll, no idea how many would actually vote.

Top Bottom