• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Hi all.

Which is the best all round wheel and pedal set for XB1?

From my brief digging it looks like maybe the Thrustmaster TX and not the G920. Any others?

MouldyK

Seems like a scam to me, bringing me on to the tiers that your Forza account is linked to, I have been playing since the first Forza game but because my PC won't run Forza Apex I won't get the 1000XP (it is something like that) so I can get to the next tier so when the next Forza game comes out I will miss out on a reward car

The worst offender is the Auction House Achievement for Forza Motorsport 2...

They closed it BEFORE they announced Forza Rewards...

True Achievements said:
On March 15th 2013, Turn 10 will be closing their servers for the game. This means that the auction house and gifting functionality will disappear and that this achievement will become discontinued

Forza News said:
Now, Forza has a new way for fans to explore and enjoy the Forza experience on Xbox: Forza Rewards.

TheBear

Have all the expansions been released for this yet? I really want to get it but thinking I should wait a bit longer until a GOTY version comes out or is heavily discounted

Sorry if this is not the right place to post, but was the PC port ever truly fixed? Just got this on PC on a GTX 1070 but I'm getting some gnarly drops in races and in cities with everything on Ultra. What should I be turning down to move this as close as possible to a locked 60? Most everything I see online is from before this was heavily patched so the discussions and solutions are outdated.

Sorry if this is not the right place to post, but was the PC port ever truly fixed? Just got this on PC on a GTX 1070 but I'm getting some gnarly drops in races and in cities with everything on Ultra. What should I be turning down to move this as close as possible to a locked 60? Most everything I see online is from before this was heavily patched so the discussions and solutions are outdated.

I don't know how to get 60fps all the time with ultra, I'm using the new Ryzen 1700 and RX480 and I get 57-60fps most of the time but severe drops down to the mid 40's in certain areas. I think it's just the game engine. What I am getting pissed off about is the long load times to get started from booting into the game. Don't know if it's an AMD thing but some have said older updates work better (currently using the latest 17.4.1).

I don't know how to get 60fps all the time with ultra, I'm using the new Ryzen 1700 and RX480 and I get 57-60fps most of the time but severe drops down to the mid 40's in certain areas. I think it's just the game engine. What I am getting pissed off about is the long load times to get started from booting into the game. Don't know if it's an AMD thing but some have said older updates work better (currently using the latest 17.4.1).

Interesting, last time I booted this up it did take a crazy amount of time (like over 2 minutes probably but I wasn't timing it). I'm on an intel and NVidia rig. I do get 60 fps pretty much anywhere that doesn't have a lot of buildings.

LoveCake

I only have five more championships in the main game left, I have all the Blizzard Mountain championships still to do (even though I have completed all of the 'King of the Mountain' star events) so when are we going to get new stuff to do?

Where and when are the following:

Expansion pack (this couldn't be the Porsche as I thought the license stipulated it had to be a 'stand alone purchase' and as the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass gives a discount this would mean that it wouldn't be classed as a completely 'stand alone purchase'? if it is a Porsche pack then I am not sure how it could be implemented, it was good how they did it in Forza Motorsport 6 as you drove each car and went through the history of Porsche, but this wouldn't work in Horizon 3 at all, this expansion has to be something else surely?

I can only think of proper rally stages where it is the time that gives the win and not the finishing position and access to a load of bespoke rally cars like in the first Forza Horizon game, the only other thing I can think of that would fit the setting is some sort of rally-raid / Paris-Dakar with all the vehicles that come with that event, but the map just isn't big enough to support that.

The only other thing is a bike expansion, but Forza has never been about bikes, but they did have a bike expansion on Drive Club, I wouldn't want bikes though myself.

Regarding the Porsche, I am hoping that it will have the Ruf, TechArt, Gemballa and RWB/RAUH-Welt BEGRIFF versions as well as the regular cars.

Also, where is the:

Ferrari F50 GT
Bugatti Chiron
Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse (roadster)
Lamborghini Aventador J
Mercedes-Benz G-Class G 500 4×4²
Mercedes-Benz G 63 AMG 6x6
Mercedes-Benz SLR Stirling Moss
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo
Pagani Zonda R

4GvCCu3.gif

zorbsie

Just noticed the Duracell Spano GTA is a free download. It's the only car I haven't photographed. And it seems it's different from the regular Spano GTA. Was this announced and I missed it?

KRaZyAmmo

Just noticed the Duracell Spano GTA is a free download. It's the only car I haven't photographed. And it seems it's different from the regular Spano GTA. Was this announced and I missed it?

I think it was announced during the last DLC car pack. Along with the Tamo.

...What should I be turning down to move this as close as possible to a locked 60?...

Either 1080p60 or 4K30.

1080p60 still isn't consistent enough - IMO - to bother with so I would just save yourself the headache and go for 4K30 (Via DSR) which should be perfectly fine on a 1070.

The best way for this is by using Nvidia Inspector and forcing the game to 'half-refresh' to eliminate the inherent lag with 30FPS and turning off the in-game Vysnc option.

rrs

The best way for this is by using Nvidia Inspector and forcing the game to 'half-refresh' to eliminate the inherent lag with 30FPS and turning off the in-game Vysnc option.
Actually don't need that anymore, you can adjust the frame delay in game so 30 FPS doesn't have the input lag
cut down on world geometry, the entire area around the light rail in free roam eats CPUs and pushes a shitload more polygons than the rest of the game
Where and when are the following:

Expansion pack (this couldn't be the Porsche as I thought the license stipulated it had to be a 'stand alone purchase' and as the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass gives a discount this would mean that it wouldn't be classed as a completely 'stand alone purchase'? if it is a Porsche pack then I am not sure how it could be implemented, it was good how they did it in Forza Motorsport 6 as you drove each car and went through the history of Porsche, but this wouldn't work in Horizon 3 at all, this expansion has to be something else surely?
stand alone as in not included with the base game

also, something is coming out this tuesday, but what is the real question. blizzard mountain was released second tuesday, so I wonder if second expansion will be as well

Actually don't need that anymore, you can adjust the frame delay in game so 30 FPS doesn't have the input lag
cut down on world geometry, the entire area around the light rail in free roam eats CPUs and pushes a shitload more polygons than the rest of the game
stand alone as in not included with the base game

also, something is coming out this tuesday, but what is the real question. blizzard mountain was released second tuesday, so I wonder if second expansion will be as well

Cutting down the geometry (dynamic and static) helped a ton. Not flawless 60 but I would say decent enough to not bother me as much. I was getting hard dips into the 30s, especially in the area around the light rail! Now I rarely have any drops there. Thanks!

Either 1080p60 or 4K30.

1080p60 still isn't consistent enough - IMO - to bother with so I would just save yourself the headache and go for 4K30 (Via DSR) which should be perfectly fine on a 1070.

I'm gunning for 1080p60, not that tall an order lol. Thanks for the tip, though.

LoveCake

Looks like an announcement is coming Wednesday. Might not be about expansion though.

I have been thinking about this today, I think that the expansion is going to something along the lines of Keira announces that Porsche have been looking on with interest at the popularity of 'your' Festival and that they want to be part of the action, Keira has been looking into it and has found an island (Tasmania) that would be perfect to host an event of this nature, so you drive to the ferry port in the 'new' Porsche that they have sent you and off you go to the island.

The events will sort of be like the ones in Forza Motorsport 6 'Porsche DLC' where you race only in Porsches against other manufactures cars, with veering events like on 'Storm Island' and 'Blizzard Mountain', there will be regular road/track tarmac races, rally/cross events and off-road races in the likes of the 959 rally-car.

Porsche have cars to cover all events really.

zorbsie

I have been thinking about this today, I think that the expansion is going to something along the lines of Keira announces that Porsche have been looking on with interest at the popularity of 'your' Festival and that they want to be part of the action, Keira has been looking into it and has found an island (Tasmania) that would be perfect to host an event of this nature, so you drive to the ferry port in the 'new' Porsche that they have sent you and off you go to the island.

The events will sort of be like the ones in Forza Motorsport 6 'Porsche DLC' where you race only in Porsches against other manufactures cars, with veering events like on 'Storm Island' and 'Blizzard Mountain', there will be regular road/track tarmac races, rally/cross events and off-road races in the likes of the 959 rally-car.

Porsche have cars to cover all events really.

A new land mass and Porsches, I would be totally ok with that. Good setup too.

Does anyone know if they ever added support for the Thrustmaster TH8A shifter on PC? I was going to pick the Ultimate Edition up when it goes on sale tomorrow, but not if I can't hook up my TH8A shifter to go with my T500 RS. My googling just shows that people complained there was no support at launch, so I'm assuming support was never patched in.

rrs

Does anyone know if they ever added support for the Thrustmaster TH8A shifter on PC? I was going to pick the Ultimate Edition up when it goes on sale tomorrow, but not if I can't hook up my TH8A shifter to go with my T500 RS. My googling just shows that people complained there was no support at launch, so I'm assuming support was never patched in.
I think there's a tool for getting older wheels to work with the game on the official forums that could help

TheBear

Was about jump on the ultimate edition and then realised it didn't come with the expansion pass. I usually find DLC packs for cars either not that interesting or game breaking, is it worth paying the extra for the packs? also i heard something about the expansion pass being discounted if you own Ultimate edition, would that work out cheaper than buying the standard edition and the expansion pass?

Was about jump on the ultimate edition and then realised it didn't come with the expansion pass. I usually find DLC packs for cars either not that interesting or game breaking, is it worth paying the extra for the packs? also i heard something about the expansion pass being discounted if you own Ultimate edition, would that work out cheaper than buying the standard edition and the expansion pass?

I believe the expansion pass USED to be discounted for UE owners but that may no longer be the case. The car pass is 50% off right now and I'm quite tempted, there are some fun-looking cars in there but probably nothing earth-shattering. I've had the regular edition since launch and don't feel like I've been missing out. I did buy the expansion pass though, Blizzard Mountain alone makes it worthwhile.

Quite sure that with the sale price the regular edition + the expansion pass would be much cheaper than UE (which doesn't have the expansion pass).

BADNED

The discount for UE owners on the Expansion Pass was only running until December 13th, 2016.
But you have luck because the Expansion Pass is now on sale in this weeks Xbox Live Spring Sale, again 25% off like last year for UE owners.

xrnzaaas

Nice deal on the car pass in the current sale, but I think I'll pass anyway. I don't play the game since I've completed Blizzard Mountain and I'm just waiting for the second expansion to come out.

rrs

I believe the expansion pass USED to be discounted for UE owners but that may no longer be the case. The car pass is 50% off right now and I'm quite tempted, there are some fun-looking cars in there but probably nothing earth-shattering. I've had the regular edition since launch and don't feel like I've been missing out. I did buy the expansion pass though, Blizzard Mountain alone makes it worthwhile.

Quite sure that with the sale price the regular edition + the expansion pass would be much cheaper than UE (which doesn't have the expansion pass).
You'd be correct with the car pack, not much for broken OP cars within it. I can't deny there's definitely cool cars but nothing that's the secret weapon to destroy all rivals online. Ultimate has the all-stars pack which has some grip monsters but again, nothing to really take the S2 class crown as that class is nothing but 1500HP death machines

Spasm

Was eager to try out Game Mode on Creator's Update... It now takes 5+ minutes to load the game after hitting Continue at the main menu. Anyone else?

Inside the festival has a weird rendering glitch where tiny little squares flicker on and off. RX480 with 17.4.2 drivers.

Also, Game Mode doesn't do shit. Still 45-55fps in most areas, with occasional stuttering.

rrs

This coming a day after GT Sport's announcement on a non-DLC day seems odd, I wonder if there was some kind of embargo on Porsche that everyone had to wait for? Or if it's just competition.

Either way, fantastic news.

willbsn13

This coming a day after GT Sport's announcement on a non-DLC day seems odd, I wonder if there was some kind of embargo on Porsche that everyone had to wait for? Or if it's just competition.

Either way, fantastic news.

Could be both scenarios, but I'd lean on it being more about competition.

You still have the dev build right? Could you load in the 73 Carrera and the 911 GT2 to see if they have any parts available for them?

Could be both scenarios, but I'd lean on it being more about competition.

You still have the dev build right? Could you load in the 73 Carrera and the 911 GT2 to see if they have any parts available for them?

I do, but I didn't get the actual update before it was pulled, so I can't get the files for those two cars yet.

xrnzaaas

Kinda strange it's only seven cars. I also wonder if it'll be cheaper since all of them except for the new Panamera seem to be reused models from previous games.

sam777

Just started Blizzard Mountain for the first time and just have to say driving in the snow feels unreal, awesome piece of dlc.

Top Bottom