• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

EYEL1NER

I just returned to the game after a very long break and it's locked up on me a few times, something it never did before (and "before" must have been what, December and back?). It'll be when I exit a Festival, the screen will go black with a loading circle and it just sits like that forever. I had it happen yesterday when I went to Blizzard Mountain for the first time; I hit 'X' at the proper spot to visit Blizzard Mountain, the blac loading screen popped up, and I sat there listening to the songs on station I had left it on for five minutes before deciding it was okay to quit the game out from the dashboard and reboot. Kind of annoying...

I guess I didn't realize that the car pass had ended. I had four or months worth of cars to get when I booted the game up a few days ago and that took forever. I guess I don't particularly NEED any more cars. I don't really care about the Porsche pack; I wouldn't mind having a Porsche or two in the game but I'm not buying a pack for just one manufacturer, especially for Porsche (haven't done it in the past either). Hope we get some news about the second expansion soon though because I've been having a blast with Blizzard Mountain.

KRaZyAmmo

I just returned to the game after a very long break and it's locked up on me a few times, something it never did before (and "before" must have been what, December and back?). It'll be when I exit a Festival, the screen will go black with a loading circle and it just sits like that forever. I had it happen yesterday when I went to Blizzard Mountain for the first time; I hit 'X' at the proper spot to visit Blizzard Mountain, the blac loading screen popped up, and I sat there listening to the songs on station I had left it on for five minutes before deciding it was okay to quit the game out from the dashboard and reboot. Kind of annoying...

I guess I didn't realize that the car pass had ended. I had four or months worth of cars to get when I booted the game up a few days ago and that took forever. I guess I don't particularly NEED any more cars. I don't really care about the Porsche pack; I wouldn't mind having a Porsche or two in the game but I'm not buying a pack for just one manufacturer, especially for Porsche (haven't done it in the past either). Hope we get some news about the second expansion soon though because I've been having a blast with Blizzard Mountain.

well you may not care about Porsche. But you can still win them in Forzathon this month.

jesu

Bought the car pack but it never installed.
Looking at the forza forum it seems to be a known problem at the minute.

LoveCake

Friend just showed this (not his). RWB confirmed
.eJwFwUsOhCAMANC7cAAK8rPux3sQJKjRKaF1NZm7-95PPeNSi9pFOi8A28GFxqZZaORWdSNqV839YF3ohiySy37XrzBYO2NAi8Z572P0bgJnbEo4zSamgBhiQFjr8zHG6bM39X8B_zch2Q.ZqY6KJPFIBj9714VkAEQvBvtaP0

Porsche Track Trailer

That is a 993 GT2, it already has wider arches that have been bolted on, it looks like a RWB with that extra wing and also the diffuser on the front, but the RWB's have other aero on them as well little winglets on the rear arches and wider arches (not sure if they are RWB or standard that appear on that image) also those are standard 993 GT2 wheels and not RWB ones, that yellow car is the same as the blue on in the trailer but with the extra wing on the rear, if it is a RWB then it must be a full body kit in the upgrade area because you can take a regular 993 and have all the aero on from RWB so it looks like a 993 GT2 'homologation' car.

Like in this build video.

This is what I am talking about!

q70Iqac.jpg

I have seen some Porsche's in the auction house, but when I go to buy one it said that I need to update to the latest version, but when I test this I have the latest version :mad:

AsianOni

That is a 993 GT2, it already has wider arches that have been bolted on, it looks like a RWB with that extra wing and also the diffuser on the front, but the RWB's have other aero on them as well little winglets on the rear arches and wider arches (not sure if they are RWB or standard that appear on that image) also those are standard 993 GT2 wheels and not RWB ones, this is what I am talking about!

q70Iqac.jpg

I have seen some Porsche's in the auction house, but when I go to buy one it said that I need to update to the latest version, but when I test this I have the latest version :mad:

It is, the RWB widebody kit.

Stock:

It needs more stickers but I tried to replicate the Super Musashi (need to change the wheels too):

rrs

questions for pack owners: 1. what's the max tire width on the rwb kit 993, and biggest engine that can be swapped
2. do any of the racing cars have a V12 swap option
That is a 993 GT2, it already has wider arches that have been bolted on, it looks like a RWB with that extra wing and also the diffuser on the front, but the RWB's have other aero on them as well little winglets on the rear arches and wider arches (not sure if they are RWB or standard that appear on that image) also those are standard 993 GT2 wheels and not RWB ones, that yellow car is the same as the blue on in the trailer but with the extra wing on the rear, if it is a RWB then it must be a full body kit in the upgrade area because you can take a regular 993 and have all the aero on from RWB so it looks like a 993 GT2 'homologation' car.

Like in this build video.

This is what I am talking about!

q70Iqac.jpg

actually, most of that aero is optional stuff added on, this does look like the basic body kit due to the sideskirts. compare the kit to a stock GT2 and you'll see the difference

Dynamic3

This really isn't part of the car pass?

*Side note, the other Porsches noted (ex. 918) are rewards for this month's Forzathon festivities.

LoveCake

It is, the RWB widebody kit.

Stock:

It needs more stickers but I tried to replicate the Super Musashi (need to change the wheels too):

That is ok then, I just needed to see more, it does need the RWB wheels though.

I want Nakai-san's Stella Artois car.

questions for pack owners: 1. what's the max tire width on the rwb kit 993, and biggest engine that can be swapped

Nearly all real RWB's have tuned stock engines, as they are very well built and strong for reliability, also I don't like to have all my cars in Forza to have the same engine, it's nice to hear the different sounds of the different cars, I plan to have a few of these RWB's though in varying versions and looks.

Here is my collection of RWB's.

dbR42Yz.jpg

AsianOni

^ Nice collection.

1. 365/25R18 (the pre-tuned car comes with 345/30R18 in order to stay in S1 class)

terrible

Banned
So its just a car pack and not an expansion???

So we still have one expansion to come in the EP???

YES!!!!

Nice. Yeah I'll just skip this Porsche pack then. It's not that they aren't nice cars but there are still a ton of cars in the game that I haven't even really used yet. I don't need more cars personally.

I wonder what the expansion will be? I was certain it was going to be the Porsche pack. If it's another separate area like Blizzard Mountain damn. That would be nice.

wihio

So does anyone have any pointers on how to actually download this game successfully? I have the very latest W10, over 2.5TB of free space, and a solid 8mbit connection and I cannot for the life of me get this to complete. The Windows Store app sucks and randomly restarts my download before I can clear all 52.29GB of data.

I have downloaded 18GB, then it reset, then 26GB, then it reset, then 4gb, reset, now 2.35GB and reset. I would be nearly done downloading it at this point, but no, I am starting over at 0.

Any ideas?

LoveCake

Going to assume this isn't part of the car pass? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It isn't, you have to buy it separately, I don't know if Ultimate Edition or Car Pass or Expansion Pass holders get a discount.

So does anyone have any pointers on how to actually download this game successfully? I have the very latest W10, over 2.5TB of free space, and a solid 8mbit connection and I cannot for the life of me get this to complete. The Windows Store app sucks and randomly restarts my download before I can clear all 52.29GB of data.

I have downloaded 18GB, then it reset, then 26GB, then it reset, then 4gb, reset, now 2.35GB and reset. I would be nearly done downloading it at this point, but no, I am starting over at 0.

Any ideas?

When I first got the game on my X1 (I pre ordered it digitally) I had issues with the file sizes.

Honestly I don't know, is it the full game with all the DLC and expansion or just the base game, I wonder if it's downloading all the DLC and expansion individually?

^ Nice collection.

Thank you.

Are those Autoart RWBs? You must be ballin

No, GT Spirit ones, I have a lot of models a hundred or more, there are AutoART's, Minichamps, CMC's, MR's, BBR's and a few Exotos, there are all sorts.

A couple more photos.

tSJWp9A.jpg
2o8PtaK.jpg

TtnQPgI.jpg

Sorry for going off topic.

How much does the pack cost in the UK?

Also the number of cars that you actually get is pretty small, but there are others in the game, so if these are #Forzathon cars I take it that you MUST own the DLC pack to be able to win them?

SliChillax

So as an ultimate edition with all the passes bought including the expansion pass, I still have to pay for the Porsche cars? Yeah no thanks

rrs

the forzathon porsches are free for all, so everyone can join in the fun
So as an ultimate edition with all the passes bought including the expansion pass, I still have to pay for the Porsche cars? Yeah no thanks
at least the second expansion will be some awesome stuff and not 1.5 car packs glued together

LoveCake

the forzathon porsches are free for all, so everyone can join in the fun
at least the second expansion will be some awesome stuff and not 1.5 car packs glued together

So.... the best cars are all free!

Cars in the pack:
2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo
2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4
1995 Porsche 911 GT2
1972 Porsche 911 Carrera RS
1960 Porsche 718 RS 60
1955 Porsche 550 Spyder

Not in the pack but in the game:
2014 Porsche 918 Spyder
2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0
1987 Porsche 959
1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3
1957 Porsche 356A Speedster

That's a bit of a scam!

From the Forza site
Event #1
Basket of Goodies
14th – 17th April
Win the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 and more!

Event #2
Show Us What You're Working With
21st – 24th April
Take home the Porsche 959 and more!

Event #3
Horizon Secret Service
28th April – 1st May
Compete and win the Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3 and more!

One-Day Event
Putting on a show
April 18th
Win the Porsche 918 Spyder and more!

Note that you don't need to own the Porsche Car Pack to get these special #Forzathon reward cars. Just like any #Forzathon event, all you need to do is complete the event and the reward car can be yours.

Fox Mulder

Probably the best way to add Porsches. I wouldn't have spent $20 just on a big car pack at this point really.

Splitting some off for forzathons is neat.

Rendition

Tried to play just now, but instead it's downloading a multi-gigabyte patch/update. Hope it's good.

Anyone have any idea what it entails?

LoveCake

I remember during the black friday sale, me and my friend tested out and it stacked with the already XX% off during that time.

Hmm I'll have to see what I can get, I have about CR-10m but I want the Shelby Daytona, Ferrari 250 Testarossa and they are CR-10m each.

A car pack and a slew of #FORZATHON prizes is a nice way to welcome Porsche back, and knowing that they'll (presumably) be included on day one in future Forzas is even better.

It's been great to see Stuttgart metal grace franchises that had been left out in the cold for so long these past few months. Good riddance to EA's exclusive stranglehold on the license; the more people that get to enjoy these cars, the better.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Aw shit, I'll be working overnights on Tuesday and I'll be unable to get the 918 unless it starts before 8 AM Eastern. When do these things start?

What's the new barn find?

LoveCake

Is there a list of the upcoming Forzathon events anywhere?

Posted here last night

So.... the best cars are all free!

Cars in the pack:
2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo
2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4
1995 Porsche 911 GT2
1972 Porsche 911 Carrera RS
1960 Porsche 718 RS 60
1955 Porsche 550 Spyder

Not in the pack but in the game:
2014 Porsche 918 Spyder
2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0
1987 Porsche 959
1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3
1957 Porsche 356A Speedster

That's a bit of a scam!

From the Forza site

Event #1
Basket of Goodies
14th – 17th April
Win the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 and more!

Event #2
Show Us What You’re Working With
21st – 24th April
Take home the Porsche 959 and more!

Event #3
Horizon Secret Service
28th April – 1st May
Compete and win the Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3 and more!

One-Day Event
Putting on a show
April 18th
Win the Porsche 918 Spyder and more!

Note that you don’t need to own the Porsche Car Pack to get these special #Forzathon reward cars. Just like any #Forzathon event, all you need to do is complete the event and the reward car can be yours.

Top Bottom