• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Impulsor

Glad we're not alone! My Xbox is set to 8 bit on the colour settings, it did this automatically. But all the ticks are there for 4k and HDR in settings. Obviously when viewing settings it's not in HDR mode, so does this setting get overwritten when HDR software launches?

I have it on 10 bit mode, the xbox goes into hdr mode automatically as soon as I launch the game.

taoofjord

Glad we're not alone! My Xbox is set to 8 bit on the colour settings, it did this automatically. But all the ticks are there for 4k and HDR in settings. Obviously when viewing settings it's not in HDR mode, so does this setting get overwritten when HDR software launches?

I don't believe so. I selected 12-bit with my TV and as I said, there's a very subtle difference so I'm not sure if 8 vs 12 bit does anything in FH3.

desu

If you mean the photo promo mode where you have to take a pic of every car, then yes. It's a perk you unlock.

As you played the game a lot already, is there a perk/skill that allows you to see the cars you haven't photographed yet like in FH2? I saw the icon in some FH3 screens but I wasn't able to find a perk/skill for that.

Anybody found out how to honk when you use a steering wheel? Would be really bad if the convoy feature only works with a controller.

even with a controller connected besides my wheel it doesn't react on clicking the right stick...

zorbsie

As you played the game a lot already, is there a perk/skill that allows you to see the cars you haven't photographed yet like in FH2? I saw the icon in some FH3 screens but I wasn't able to find a perk/skill for that.

Actually it's in the menu system. Under the Progress tab. There is a Horizon Promo button. That will show you all the cars you have photographed and all the ones you still need. Very handy.

desu

Actually it's in the menu system. Under the Progress tab. There is a Horizon Promo button. That will show you all the cars you have photographed and all the ones you still need. Very handy.

That is just the overview, when roaming around in the world in FH2 all cars that you hadn't photographed yet had an extra icon in above them (this was a perk you have to buy if I remember right). I thought there would be something similar in this game, or maybe if you don't need a skill then it might just be bugged in the PC version.

zorbsie

That is just the overview, when roaming around in the world in FH2 all cars that you hadn't photographed yet had an extra icon in above them (this was a perk you have to buy if I remember right). I thought there would be something similar in this game, or maybe if you don't need a skill then it might just be bugged in the PC version.

Oh yeah, that is in here too. The skill is on the first tab I think. Second or third row.

desu

Oh yeah, that is in here too. The skill is on the first tab I think. Second or third row.

Then I need to read again, there was one about identifying cars for bounty but I thought that might refer to the one on one challenge. Its probably that skill then, thanks :).

Can't wait to get home, then its time for the Forze Club :D. Lets get to #1 ^^

Gowans

This game looked great on my Xbox but man when I go up to my office on the PC it looks fab in 4K.

Plays great too, need to find MY car tho.

Megasoum

Banned
So I tried to cancel my deluxe pre-order yesterday to get the Ultimate but Microsoft had "system issues" so they had to wait until today to do it. I won't be able to play until tonight so not that big of a deal.

I just thought of something tho... Will my Ultimate edition purchase that I will do later today still be considered a pre-order? If not then am I just missing on the FH2 and FM6 packs (which I don't care about) or was there also other pre-order bonuses?

danowat

Banned
So I tried to cancel my deluxe pre-order yesterday to get the Ultimate but Microsoft had "system issues" so they had to wait until today to do it. I won't be able to play until tonight so not that big of a deal.

I just thought of something tho... Will my Ultimate edition purchase that I will do later today still be considered a pre-order? If not then am I just missing on the FH2 and FM6 packs (which I don't care about) or was there also other pre-order bonuses?

Wow, it's complicated buying games these days!!!

squared

Looks like it.:/

Just started playing about an hour ago, and VIP worked immediately on my first wheelspin..

Does anyone who plays on PC have problem with lag in the custom upgrade menus? Like when buying wheels, when scrolling through the different models, it takes a LONG time between models, it's really, really annoying. Happens in other upgrade menus as well, takes seconds for it when you switch between different upgrade levels etc..

PSA: if you are playing on PC and performance is disappointing, set your graphics card to maximum performance makes a huge difference, at least for Nvidia cards, it is under 3D settings in the Nvidia control panel.

Does everyone get the same driver to recruit on their first race?
MajorNelson

I wasn't quite able to get to the Club joining stuff before I had to leave for work. :/

witness

When does all your DLC unlock? I'm only up to the tutorial stuff from the demo before I had to leave for work. I did notice for the events I had completed I wasn't getting a VIP boost per event, does that unlock later? It is telling me that it's installed. Xbox One FYI

GHG

Gold Member
Added myself to the ForzaGAF spreadsheet and about to start the game now.

Feel free to add me.

Ugh it's gonna be a LONG workday -_-

Just want to go home and play finally. I barely touched the demo because I loved it so much and wanted to stay fresh for the release. Huuuurrrryyyyyyy 3:30

Certinty

Is anyone else experiencing far worse pop in than in the demo? Maybe it's just me but it seems far more noticeable now.

On another note this feels like a mix of the first 2 Horizon games which is a good thing. After only a few hours I would say it's on track to be my GOTY.

Wuiji

I redeemed my code for the Warthog when I first got it a while back, it downloaded at the time, but looking at the Funza download I don't see it anywhere now.

giphy.gif

m23

Love doing a long race right after rain fall. The track gradually dries up. Nice little touch.

That sounds really cool. Have they turned down the rain effects on the screen compared to the demo? It seemed like a little too much for me when I played it, maybe I need to get used to it.

Added myself to the ForzaGAF spreadsheet and about to start the game now.

Feel free to add me.

I hate you. I still have to wait another day.

DirtyLarry

Cannot get my wheel to work no matter what I try. Fuck it I guess it is too old.

So when I finally did just give in and check it out with a controller, I saw tons of tons of microstutters with the game. But I do not think it was the frame rate. It was almost like the rewind feature was going to kick in. It was this weird time slow down effect but fast, but long enough to notice for sure.

Anyone else seeing that on their PC?

I also read VIP is not working on PC so for now I will play the One version I suppose anyway, just curious if anyone else is seeing that slow down issue as well.

Top Bottom